[BigHeadBash] why Unity 3D?

8 posts

Flag Post

just i abot to enter this game. but UNITY 3D?

Flag Post

otherwise, the game would be in not so stunning 2d, and we wouldnt want that. would we?

Flag Post

Well, I like 2d games. DEAL WITH IT.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rawrhenry34:

Well, I like 2d games. DEAL WITH IT.

remember the time when i gave a shit about ur thoughts? me neither

Flag Post

erm.
Why would it not be unity 3d?

Flag Post

It actually is 2D, but the graphics aren’t.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ablr:

It actually is 2D, but the graphics aren’t.

and thats called 2.5d

Flag Post

The Unity engine is highly flexibly, supporting FBX, OBJ, Lightwave and many other popular formats. It’s incredibly easy to use and has a wonderful support staff willing to answer questions and give you the proper training. Unity also supports a wide variety of platforms including Flash/Web embedded/Xbox360/Ps3/Pc/Mac and even IOS. The graphical power of this engine is also pretty damn impressive (just look up shadowgun).

I believe many new games will be using this Engine for quite some time, and IMO most indy companies will find it more appealing and user friendly over UDK.

Want to create a platformer? You totally can. FPS more your style? Sure you can do that too. How about a 3rd person RPG? Been done before, check out Aralon.

Oh and the best part is: Unity (free version) may not be licensed and used by companies, educational institution or incorporated entities that had a turnover in excess of US$100,000 in their last fiscal year.

In otherwords If your company made less the $100,000 the previous year, you can absolutely publish you came for free. Smart business move for smaller companies.

I’m excited to see how these entree gaming companies will implement new idea’s into their games using this wonderful game Engine.