[Monsters' Den Chronicles] skill add

9 posts

Flag Post

i ran all characters up to lv 10 in act 1. it would be nice if each act had diffrent skills that could be learnt and switched out with old ones.

Flag Post

especially new summons ands heal spells

Flag Post

wait, so you leveled up all 10 characters to level 10 in one play of one act? i smell lies. they smell rancid.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blinkerhg:

wait, so you leveled up all 10 characters to level 10 in one play of one act? i smell lies. they smell rancid.

Before calling someone a liar, you should make sure you understand what they said. The topic creator never said he did it all in a single playthrough of Act I. He said he did it in Act I. That just means he did all his leveling in a single act, rather than switching between them during his various playthroughs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blinkerhg:

ok you got me, i lied, i’ve never even played this game, my real question was where does donkey kong get all those barrels from, and why is mario always looking in the wrong castle?

Flag Post

it would just be cool to have a few skills to somehow learn past lv 10

Flag Post

yep, having more than just 10 skills would be better. More like 30 or something, but using only 10 skills in a battle. This way, you will have more inclination to a “character build”, rather than just having a crit warrior that can still use hold the line and shield wall. But even without this, the game’s still awesome though :D, but it would be more interesting and will have more versatility if this would be implemented.

Flag Post

While I’m not for MORE skills more definitive or self-justifying skill-sets and equipment-selection (Clerics having access to swords, spears and scepters/staffs. Dps-oriented marksman) would be better. More of a subclass, less of a quirk, yes?

Originally posted by sam12six:

I’d love to see more diversity in abilities. The Thief and Warden are my favorite characters because they have a bunch of skills that all do completely different things as opposed to the 4 veeeeery slightly different heal spells of a Confessor or the boatload of direct damage spells of the Sorcerer. The first time through act III, I was so jealous to see all the cool and diverse abilities the demons had.

As far as archetypes, I wish there was a pure summoner who had more of a choice than tank or 1HP glass cannon. I’d also enjoy playing a necromancer who could steal the bones of the dead enemy and turn them into allies on the player side of the screen.

Besides the skill diversity thing, there are only 4 real problems I have with the game:

1) Perks on equipment should be reworked somewhat. It would be nice if someone got more bonus for wearing multiple pieces of bolstering armor to get a stacking effect of some sort. Some equipment decisions are a no-brainer – the Barbed Brutalizer is the best melee weapon for pretty much anyone who can equip it. While there are some meaningful decisions (like is 5 points of health regeneration more valuable than 12 points of health steal), I’d guess no one’s ever agonized over whether that 5 point health regeneration items is more useful than a +2 evasion perk. I’d just like to see different types of equipment being much more useful depending on your play style instead of there being a clear right or wrong choice. I think it would make characters more distinctive.

2) The set effects of armor sets should scale with character level. Instead of a set 6 health regeneration, it should be 1 health regeneration per tier or something along those lines.

3) Monster difficulty scaling should be a little different. As it stands, you can 1 Hit something, gain a level, then need 3 shots to kill the same enemy. The 1 (or 3) attribute points added to your main damage attribute represents .5 or 1.5 points of actual damage while monster hit points for the same additional level seem to more than double. It makes it so where you allocate points doesn’t really matter. What really matters is having good gear.

4) Just a pet peeve, but if I can hit the enemy’s front row from my back row with a long weapon, why can’t I hit his back row from my front row?

I disagree about the sorcerer, noting the Individuality argument we both had, however, others; Champion, Inquisitor, and Conjuror, would benefit from new (Barrier, Damn), or revamped (shield wall), skills.

I agree on the stats and leveling points; one, the typical number you’ll have(no spark/apex), Evasive piece is + 2 Evasion, full outfit is + 14. More impact (+ 5, or an additional three(3) points) would allow + 15 evasion with items to spare, which would be nice considering multiple stats go into each role. And enemies DO seem to gain more from levels than the player, due to items and sets becoming outdated and the player having to improvise to an extent.

I agree with the spear-argument, but I think it should also have an accuracy loss for front-to-back relative to it’s current back-to-front.

Flag Post

I’d love to see more diversity in abilities. The Thief and Warden are my favorite characters because they have a bunch of skills that all do completely different things as opposed to the 4 veeeeery slightly different heal spells of a Confessor or the boatload of direct damage spells of the Sorcerer. The first time through act III, I was so jealous to see all the cool and diverse abilities the demons had.

As far as archetypes, I wish there was a pure summoner who had more of a choice than tank or 1HP glass cannon. I’d also enjoy playing a necromancer who could steal the bones of the dead enemy and turn them into allies on the player side of the screen.

Besides the skill diversity thing, there are only 4 real problems I have with the game:

1) Perks on equipment should be reworked somewhat. It would be nice if someone got more bonus for wearing multiple pieces of bolstering armor to get a stacking effect of some sort. Some equipment decisions are a no-brainer – the Barbed Brutalizer is the best melee weapon for pretty much anyone who can equip it. While there are some meaningful decisions (like is 5 points of health regeneration more valuable than 12 points of health steal), I’d guess no one’s ever agonized over whether that 5 point health regeneration items is more useful than a +2 evasion perk. I’d just like to see different types of equipment being much more useful depending on your play style instead of there being a clear right or wrong choice. I think it would make characters more distinctive.

2) The set effects of armor sets should scale with character level. Instead of a set 6 health regeneration, it should be 1 health regeneration per tier or something along those lines.

3) Monster difficulty scaling should be a little different. As it stands, you can 1 Hit something, gain a level, then need 3 shots to kill the same enemy. The 1 (or 3) attribute points added to your main damage attribute represents .5 or 1.5 points of actual damage while monster hit points for the same additional level seem to more than double. It makes it so where you allocate points doesn’t really matter. What really matters is having good gear.

4) Just a pet peeve, but if I can hit the enemy’s front row from my back row with a long weapon, why can’t I hit his back row from my front row?