[Waraxe] Awesome Log Analyzer

12 posts

Flag Post

Completely free!

The program takes Waraxe battle code and gives you the statistics on damage/healing done/received as well as base skills (“Attack”, “Defend”) proc rate for units that were active all 5 rounds.

Currently it is posted on waraxelog@gmail.com, password qlzqlzuup, but I will appreciate if someone could teach me how to put that on google projects or somewhere else in the open access.
The problem is that it’s a Perl program, and I dunno if many people can run it :P . And it’s not so awesome, more like version 1.0 alpha.

Flag Post

Small guide to using it:
1) Copy all files in the same directory.
2) Replace curlog.txt with your log (copy-paste).
3) Replace proc.txt with empty file if you want to gather your own stats; recommended.
proc.txt won’t update after a program run if one of the teams was wiped out before timelimit (1+5 rounds ended).
4) Run LogAnalyzer.pl
If it does say “Error: something”, tell me that.
5) See all the battle stats in statistics.txt.
debug.txt and result.txt are not meant to be understandable by user, but you can also peek in these :)
6) Have fun!
I will be pleased if you sent back your proc.txt after a lot of tests :P .

Flag Post

Title “Awesome Log Analyzer”

Originally posted by qlzqlzuup:
it’s not so awesome

I lol’d :p

Anyway, I tried it once with my log after replacing proc.txt with an empty text file and it stayed empty after running the program, is that supposed to happen or should it write something inside it?

Flag Post

It does not record a complete wipeout log in proc.txt, maybe that’s the case.
Reason is simple – I dunno how to count proc rates when battle finishes before timelimit, maybe some units would’ve attacked also.

Flag Post

Awesome results!
As you may all be aware of, the “Attack”/“Defend” skill proc rate is close to 0.5.
Overall attack proc rate 320/660 = 0.484848484848485,
defend proc rate 138/291 = 0.474226804123711
(that’s the result of mine+Good Guy Greg’s tests)
Other magnificent results are incoming! Noone is watching anyways, but I don’t care.

Flag Post

I think it would be cool if you could make it somehow count the proc rate of all the skills of the unit has not only the normal attack :p

Flag Post

<here I answered about how I am going to implement this idea, but it somehow glitched and deleted my post :/ >

Flag Post

<Wanted to compliment your new idea and provide feedback, sadly same thing happened as to your post>

Flag Post

We approve. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Alithia451:

We approve. :)

Thanks! I’d post the same thing on diviad official forums, but they banned me for some reason, so nothing for them :P .

Flag Post

hi qlzqlzuup

i m very interested in ur research of all the statistics… but i just want to check with u are the researches are for the forces of good faction or axis of evil faction?

i m not sure if i know how to help out but at least if u can show me the results of the proc rate would be cool. thanks

Flag Post

Well, ahem, I’m kinda sick atm, so too lazy to update analyzer.
First version counted only “Attack” and “Defend” procs and its results you can see few posts above.
The researches are for both sides as I asked many ppl to send me some logs when I tested my prog, but bulk of logs are mine and I’m playing AoE :) .

Nothing to show yet, I plan on testing in the future

• fear procs as they seem to have low proc rate and its needed to know if AoE fear build is relevant.
  • “Unbreakable” heroes self-rally as it seem have lower chance to proc than the regular unit self-rally
  • “Minionslayer” procs from swords and from units just to compare different builds damage before actually farming one of them.
    and so on.