[Terra Monsters] Guild Wars Proposal Discussion

30 posts

Flag Post

Some of you may have noticed the new guild feature over the past few days. At the moment this is just a collection of people who can have a private chat together within their group and win weekly prizes for being in that weeks strongest guild.

Once this is all working correctly, I want to add “Guild Wars”

Guild A will challenge Guild B to a “War”. When challenged, Guild B will accept or reject the war and then the guilds will have 24 hours to fight it out to win the most PvP battles vs each other.

On top of this, there will be a “territorial dominance” feature, where for every hour a guild member is in the game (active + not in their ranch) they’ll get +1 point for them in the war.

Each member of the winning team of the guild will be able to select an item from the “mystery” box.

What do people think about this? Any ways we should improve it?

Flag Post

there could be some people who afk so yea… and, people who are offline during this should not get prizes, the people who “participated” should be getting the prizes, there also needs to be a way to keep the wars balanced because some guilds have much higher lv people. I dont know about the being “active” part would work because people can easily afk outside, maybe a 3min wait time? for being afk?

Flag Post

We should make sure that the pvp system in war guild is planned out carefully. Everyone needs to pvp everyone or we could make it randomly, or else the strong members would only target the weak members and left out the other strong members for easy win.

Flag Post

Might I suggest that the challenged guild gets to see how large ofr a guild their challenger is? One common thing in guilds is that is is incredibly difficult for a guild to grow from a small one to a large one since they normally get relentlessly bullied by the larger and stronger ones.

This way it would smaller and weaker guilds a chance to enjoy pvp wars with guilds of their own strength and make recruiting people easier since they wouldn’t have to worry about their members getting beaten up all the time by stronger guilds.

Finally I suggest that the pvp ten level difference of ten be enforced in guild battles. Otherwise we will just have more trickery by strong guild members.

Flag Post

Glaceria, what you’re saying only applies to pvp 1 vs 1 to ensure the fairness for lower levels member. In a war guild, you can;t expect to be fair and only pvp people your own levels, you have to be ready to face people with higher levels mons. A war means the stronger will win.

Flag Post

I think we should add a minimum monster level requirement to join a guild. Eg. you must have at least one terramonster (in your party or not) at or over lvl 29. Then the guilds can be divided into ’’ranks’’, the Ranks would range from numbers 1 → 7. The rank number would be based on all of the guild members monsters on average, each rank would work as a way of grouping and organizing. So… rank 1 = 30-39. rank 2 = 40-49. rank 3 = 40-49. rank 4 = 50-59. rank 5 = 60-69. rank 5 = 70-79. rank 6 = 80-89. rank 7 = 90-100
guild wars would work that you can only CHALLENGE those at the same rank or higher than yourself. I think there should also be unranked guild wars, which would ultimately be done with no consequences or rewards. Also, with a level minimum there would be no people with lots of lvl 2 monsters to lower the guild average and get easy wins.
What do you think? :P

Flag Post

Having a 10-level difference enforced in guild battles will mean some people may not actually be allowed to fight during a guild war. We shouldn’t be punished for having higher level monsters than our opponents in a guild war.

Flag Post
Originally posted by End_Of_Ends:

Having a 10-level difference enforced in guild battles will mean some people may not actually be allowed to fight during a guild war. We shouldn’t be punished for having higher level monsters than our opponents in a guild war.

Do you have another suggestion on how it will be fair for all?

My suggestion would be ranking the average levels of mons in a guild itself.

For example: (all on average-the three you use most)

End_Of_Ends has level…82 mons
Magonia has level 80 mons
Glacia has level 83 mons
I have level 82 mons (yeah, right.)

So, our average mon levels are 81 (or so). Which means, in our guild, the average levels are 81.

To implicate in the game, a guild who has almost the exact same average as that guild can be the only ones who can fight. It’s a guild ranking system.

If one guild can defeat all other guilds within their rank, it’ll have those prizes SocialTitans posted.

Of course, there ARE flaws in this. I’m gonna edit again after I think of a loophole.

Flag Post

grrr, this is one of those ‘’easier said than done’’ tasks then wont it :p
hopefully someone else (or u :D) will post a good idea on how to make sure there aren’t lvl 80’s vsing lvl 20s in guild wars. I guess the view challenging guild and accept will probably be the way to go then.

Flag Post

In another note, (because my earlier post has an entirely different view)

Another suggestion:

Guild ranking again. Ranks 1-10 guilds can only challenge those in the 1-10 list. Ranks 11-20 guilds can only challenge those in 11-20 list, etc.

See, if you’re in the 10’s list, it’s understood that you have high level mons. To further your guild rank, you need to defeat guilds who’s rank is higher than yours. Guild battle will go on for 3 days (time zone issues), if your guild wins, keep the rank.

…..now that I think about it, I like this idea more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Directorx5397:

Glacia has level 83 mons

So, our average mon levels are 81 (or so). Which means, in our guild, the average levels are 81.

To implicate in the game, a guild who has almost the exact same average as that guild can be the only ones who can fight. It’s a guild ranking system.

If one guild can defeat all other guilds within their rank, it’ll have those prizes SocialTitans posted.

Of course, there ARE flaws in this. I’m gonna edit again after I think of a loophole.

Assume I joined that guild, and I have level 35 mons. Now what will happen? The guild average will go down, and I might not be able to fight in a guild war (for my own good), and the others might not be allowed to fight either (crap).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marine851:

Glacia has level 83 mons

Assume I joined that guild, and I have level 35 mons. Now what will happen? The guild average will go down, and I might not be able to fight in a guild war (for my own good), and the others might not be allowed to fight either (crap).

What I mean is that each individual guild member would only be allowed to challenge members of the other guild that were within ten levels of him/her. So level 80 guys could fight each other and level 20 guys could fight each other. The outcome of the level 20 fight would be just as important as the outcome of the level 80 fight,

It’s simple, and it’s fair.

Also has for guild ranking, I was going by member size, but I just had an idea. Genereally when you want to check the average of something, if you have one result that is either really high or really low, then you throw it out and only count the other result since that one bizarre number would really screw up the results.

For example:

Let’s say person a had level 82 terramons
Person B had level 80 terramons
person C had 83 level terramons
Person D had 82 level terramons
Finally person E had level 35 terramons

Including the person with level 35 monsters, we would get an average of level 72 rounding down.
Now since person E is obviously screwing up the results, let’s throw him out of the calculation.

Removing person e from the calculations gives us a new mean of 82 rounding up which is a much more accurate estimation of this guild’s strength which also ties in nicely with my 10 level idea since if both of your averages are similar, there should be a good amount of people who can battle.

This also encourages people to join guilds with members of their own level and in time that guild will grow in strength as it’s member level up.

Flag Post

I think one way to combat low level users being picked on too much in Guild Wars will be to have a “Cool-down” period after they lose. During this time, the user will be able to reject new battle requests from a guild they are at war with. There will also have to be an element of team work, between the guild. Even so far as a lower level member of the guild can run past an enemy guild member and “lure” them to a place where the guilds higher level members are waiting.

Good discussion and when I start to code this system (probably on Wednesday), I’ll have a good read through this thread and make sure I take the best of everyones idea

Flag Post
Originally posted by SocialTitans:

I think one way to combat low level users being picked on too much in Guild Wars will be to have a “Cool-down” period after they lose. During this time, the user will be able to reject new battle requests from a guild they are at war with. There will also have to be an element of team work, between the guild. Even so far as a lower level member of the guild can run past an enemy guild member and “lure” them to a place where the guilds higher level members are waiting.

Good discussion and when I start to code this system (probably on Wednesday), I’ll have a good read through this thread and make sure I take the best of everyones idea

I don’t know SocialTitans, even with a cool down, the guilds may be reluctant to take in weak members since they would be a liability.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Glaceia:

Glacia has level 83 mons

What I mean is that each individual guild member would only be allowed to challenge members of the other guild that were within ten levels of him/her. So level 80 guys could fight each other and level 20 guys could fight each other. The outcome of the level 20 fight would be just as important as the outcome of the level 80 fight,

Also has for guild ranking, I was going by member size, but I just had an idea. Genereally when you want to check the average of something, if you have one result that is either really high or really low, then you throw it out and only count the other result since that one bizarre number would really screw up the results.

For example:

Including the person with level 35 monsters, we would get an average of level 72 rounding down.
Now since person E is obviously screwing up the results, let’s throw him out of the calculation.

Removing person e from the calculations gives us a new mean of 82 rounding up which is a much more accurate estimation of this guild’s strength which also ties in nicely with my 10 level idea since if both of your averages are similar, there should be a good amount of people who can battle.

This also encourages people to join guilds with members of their own level and in time that guild will grow in strength as it’s member level up.

Still, a war against a guild with average level 80 mons will have the level 35 person be unable to do anything. A guild with level 35 mons will have only person E do any fighting (unless the opposing guild’s too stupid and fight the other members). Still, you can fight a guild whose members’ mons cannot be fought be any of the members.

Removing the weird level will only result in deceptive numbers, as the same result when a guild’s members are at both extremes of average. (ie. 5 at lv 70 ad 5 at lv 30+ average of 50) Adding maximum and minimum levels levels will only discourage new members, especially if it’s to keep average accurate and about where it is.

Flag Post

Probably two or more guilds could form an alliance? I’m not exactly sure what an alliance would do (help in wars, maybe?) but it seems like a nice idea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Glaceia:

Glacia has level 83 mons

For example:

Still, a war against a guild with average level 80 mons will have the level 35 person be unable to do anything. A guild with level 35 mons will have only person E do any fighting (unless the opposing guild’s too stupid and fight the other members). Still, you can fight a guild whose members’ mons cannot be fought be any of the members.

Removing the weird level will only result in deceptive numbers, as the same result when a guild’s members are at both extremes of average. (ie. 5 at lv 70 ad 5 at lv 30+ average of 50) Adding maximum and minimum levels levels will only discourage new members, especially if it’s to keep average accurate and about where it is.

That’s the entire point. A person with level 35 monsters shouldn’t be in a guild comprised mostly of people with level 80 monsters. In most games that have guilds, only the strong members of said guild normally go out to fight other guilds. The weak members usually stay behind and work on getting stronger. If a weak member does go and fight, they are simply going to get their butt kicked.

So what I am proposing is that the strong people go and make guilds with other strong people. Then these high level guilds can go and fight other high level guilds. HOWEVER weaker people can also go make their own guilds filled with weaker people and then go fight other weaker guilds so that they too can enjoy the fun of guild wars.

Now I suppose strong members could join a weaker guild and weak members could join a strong guild. Yet it either case, I don’t think there will be much for either person to do. Since said person would be too weak to be anything other then a liability or too strong to be able to fight without making things unfair. The system of averaging I suggested would also keep the entire guild by being screwed up by a FEW members that are either extreme. If they keep adding people of either extreme to such an extent that it becomes impossible to average them out, then they shouldn’t be allowed to guild fight. Once they clean out their guild some and can get a reasonable average then they can fight again. This measure would help to ensure fair battles between guilds.

Now is this a perfect system? No, of course not. I don’t think a perfect system exists, but I would be DELIGHTED to be proven wrong. Yet at least under this system, the weaker players would still be able to enjoy guild battles instead of being left out because they are too weak while their stronger guild mates go out to battle.

Now if you can suggest a better system, then please do so. I’m all ears.

Flag Post

That’s the entire point. A person with level 35 monsters shouldn’t be in a guild comprised mostly of people with level 80 monsters. In most games that have guilds, only the strong members of said guild normally go out to fight other guilds. The weak members usually stay behind and work on getting stronger. If a weak member does go and fight, they are simply going to get their butt kicked.

So what I am proposing is that the strong people go and make guilds with other strong people. Then these high level guilds can go and fight other high level guilds. HOWEVER weaker people can also go make their own guilds filled with weaker people and then go fight other weaker guilds so that they too can enjoy the fun of guild wars.

Now I suppose strong members could join a weaker guild and weak members could join a strong guild. Yet it either case, I don’t think there will be much for either person to do. Since said person would be too weak to be anything other then a liability or too strong to be able to fight without making things unfair. The system of averaging I suggested would also keep the entire guild by being screwed up by a FEW members that are either extreme. If they keep adding people of either extreme to such an extent that it becomes impossible to average them out, then they shouldn’t be allowed to guild fight. Once they clean out their guild some and can get a reasonable average then they can fight again. This measure would help to ensure fair battles between guilds.

Now is this a perfect system? No, of course not. I don’t think a perfect system exists, but I would be DELIGHTED to be proven wrong. Yet at least under this system, the weaker players would still be able to enjoy guild battles instead of being left out because they are too weak while their stronger guild mates go out to battle.

Now if you can suggest a better system, then please do so. I’m all ears.

I suggested Guild Ranking:

In another note, (because my earlier post has an entirely different view)

Another suggestion:

Guild ranking again. Ranks 1-10 guilds can only challenge those in the 1-10 list. Ranks 11-20 guilds can only challenge those in 11-20 list, etc.

See, if you’re in the 10’s list, it’s understood that you have high level mons. To further your guild rank, you need to defeat guilds who’s rank is higher than yours. Guild battle will go on for 3 days (time zone issues), if your guild wins, keep the rank.

…..now that I think about it, I like this idea more.

I think that a guild should be able to limit people. What I mean by this is that the three most used mons of a player should be up to par with guild standards before being able to join.

All I can say is this: if you want to join a strong guild, become stronger. Your guildmates should not be burdened by you.

What I can say about Glaceia’s averaging suggestion is that you can merge this with the ranking idea. Suppose that a guild is weak, it will start in the very bottom, working its way to the top. This prevents a much stronger guild from beating up a weaker guild.

Flag Post

Just had a thought: Do we need to do anything if one giuld has a lot more members than the other guild. Also, if one guild’s members are completely out of the game during the war or don’t PvP the other guild.

Flag Post

Reading through the forum makes me think I should put something up when it’s ready, and we’ll just continue to tweak and improve it over coming weeks. I’m at a stage in testing where I’m nearly finished with my first war and now I need to think about prizes.

I think that everyone in the guild should get the same prize so long as they were active for at least one fight during the war. My preliminary list of prizes include:

50 Terra Dollars
48 Hours Ranch Helper
7 Days Ranch Helper
1 Premium Evolution Stone
3 x Evolution Stone Light

Any other prizes people would like to see in?

Flag Post

How about an element cloak or your starting terra monster’s hat

Flag Post

I think that a pvp where the guild’s monsters are shuffled together and randomly distributed amongst the participating players would be so cool, so you may end fighting with some of your friends monsters and they yours. I don’t know how efficient that would be, but i think it would be really fun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SocialTitans:

Reading through the forum makes me think I should put something up when it’s ready, and we’ll just continue to tweak and improve it over coming weeks. I’m at a stage in testing where I’m nearly finished with my first war and now I need to think about prizes.

I think that everyone in the guild should get the same prize so long as they were active for at least one fight during the war. My preliminary list of prizes include:

50 Terra Dollars
48 Hours Ranch Helper
7 Days Ranch Helper
1 Premium Evolution Stone
3 x Evolution Stone Light

Any other prizes people would like to see in?

How about a rare Terra Mon? Maybe one that isn’t catchable?

Flag Post

On a totally unrelated note:

Social, can you make it so that you can browse guilds? I wanted to join my guild here on the forums but nobody seems to be online to invite me.

Flag Post

My guild got challenged. THe opposing guild has members at all levels, and 2 have level 99-100 mons. I think I cannot keep rejecting them forever, and must accept at some point. What to do? (My mons are 35-40 average, minus stragglers)