[Monsters' Den Chronicles] Str Inquisitor or Int Inquisitor?

12 posts

Flag Post

I kind of like the damage the Inquisitor does with Frevor but I’ve been hearing about how Litany of Pain is the best way to go.

Thoughts?

Flag Post

It depends on what style you prefer and who else is in the party with the Inquisitor.

Flag Post

Endurance inquisitor(Very tough) + Retribution(damage based on hp loss) + Benediction stance (Hel for 10% max hp).

Flag Post

All the Inquisitors I’ve ever had were intel and in the back row. I raised their Regen enough so they could use Smite every round. I just tried a Str Inquisitor and he’s quite nice. My only problem is that I sometimes feel as if a Warrior would be better suited to the roll, or maybe more versatile. Regardless, the cleric is QUITE effective.

Flag Post

Intelligence Inquisitor using Litany of pain, wielding barbed brutalizer (for the -0.20 action), and wearing Essiarch’s Garments (for the stun).

If you have Premium, use both (two Inquisitors) with exactly the same build (above) and watch enemies never even being able to get a turn in.

Example:

My Full Team:

2x Inquisitors
1x Cleric (Retaliation Cleric with Radiance) OR 1x Warrior (Fast captain build with Tribute)
1x Sorcerer (Critical damage build with the Omniscient Set – clone & lightning storm/fireball/power drain)

Deployment:

Sorcerer in the center back; Cleric mid-forward; Inquisitors flanking the Cleric.

Tactics (for campaign 4):

Basically use Clerics to wait/stun alternatively to keep the enemies from activating.
Use Cleric/Captain to Radiance/Tribute.
Use Sorcerer to Clone and alternate/tag team on Lightning storm/Power Siphon.

If anyone of your characters runs low on power, just kill all the enemies save one slow tank and use wait/heal to boost back up. Kill the last enemy to then get a new wave.

Flag Post

^^I was just setting up a similar build, but with fervor/retribution inquisitor in the front row for more single target/boss damage. anoint/fervor or anoint/retribution.

another thought…

your build plus a conjuror would also help with boss (disintegrate), plus you get 4x chance for stuns on your litany before the enemy even gets a chance to get started (warp).

the only thing missing really would be the siphon. have you found it really useful, given you typically are trying to stun everyone?

Flag Post

I just find marskman, warden, assasin, confessor wipes through mostly everything, but since i’ve inadvertantly gone the “army of one build” thinking im all that and patting myself on the back for breaking the game… i get stuck on 20 cause i cant out retaliate myself unless the npc hits me 3x in a row but in about 30mins hasn’t done it… now trying to lower my regen without compramising my retal.

However, screw the mage… warrior walling, confessor, warden and assassin gives u everything you need

Flag Post

if you anoint the warden, will the poison arrow do double poison damage too, or just base damage?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ichthyic:

^^I was just setting up a similar build, but with fervor/retribution inquisitor in the front row for more single target/boss damage. anoint/fervor or anoint/retribution.

another thought…

your build plus a conjuror would also help with boss (disintegrate), plus you get 4x chance for stuns on your litany before the enemy even gets a chance to get started (warp).

the only thing missing really would be the siphon. have you found it really useful, given you typically are trying to stun everyone?

I’m using sparked Barbed Brutalizers and a speed upgraded front-line, which basically means that I chip away at bosses without them being able to fight back. Throw in the occasional stun and the bosses never even activate.

I use siphon merely to replenish power on my cloned sorcerer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ichthyic:

if you anoint the warden, will the poison arrow do double poison damage too, or just base damage?

it only boosts the physical dps portion of it

Flag Post

I have the ecleassarch’s garb and cold iron pulverizer. With the judgement stance that’s 51% stun chance. Then I enhance the armor pieces with 2 speed +5 edurance/25% start action purple enhancements. Then you can add divine annulus/martyrs signet.

Fast enough(can always have a ranger to boost it’s speed.), can stun an entire area of enemies. Both strong and intelligent. Just look out for it’s health.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MythicShadows:

I have the ecleassarch’s garb and cold iron pulverizer. With the judgement stance that’s 51% stun chance. Then I enhance the armor pieces with 2 speed +5 edurance/25% start action purple enhancements. Then you can add divine annulus/martyrs signet.

Fast enough(can always have a ranger to boost it’s speed.), can stun an entire area of enemies. Both strong and intelligent. Just look out for it’s health.

I run both my clerics like this except with barbed brutalizers. Its actually amazing with intelligence stacked and a little extra endurance. I just litany of pain the crap out of everything with the inquisitor. The confessor is garbed exactly the same, smiting the crap out of everything. I actually have them stacked for both power regen and speed start, so they can play easier in the fourth campaign. They got the power regen rings along with sanctified guardians, to boost intelligence and healing (and enhancement slots), not to mention making them much more durable.