[Immortal Empire]Interface and Gameplay changes suggestions.

6 posts

Flag Post

I’m no games tester but i’d say these are all things that need fixing or changing. These arn’t gameplay changes, no buffs, no nerfs, there improvments to game interaction.

1) Skill’s cooldown timer. Change the text colour from ‘white’ to a different colour where the skill’s background colour is white. It’s pointless having it there if we can’t see it.

2) [Amended] ‘End Turn’ and ‘Wait 100’ hotkeys. Change the hotkeys for these buttons from ‘F1’ and ‘F2’ to ‘T’ and ‘G’. It’s too far and slow to reach these buttons, given the situation of skill hot-keys.

3) ‘Continue.’ conversation progression. Change the hotkey for ‘Continue.’ from ‘1’ to ‘Space’. Players who’ve completed the campaign already, don’t want to read the story again but also don’t want to miss out on conversation choices because of mashing ‘1’ to skip the story lining.

4) Wait function. Allow players to ‘wait’ an inputted amount of time; or add a wait function to skills on cooldown ie. l/r click to wait for cooldown to finish. Players don’t want to waste time because a skill has less that 100 time to cool down.

5) Chests. After all enemies have been killed on a map, highlight ‘chests’ on the mini map. This stops players having to backtrack accross the whole map potentially looking for a single missed chest.

6) Kianshen 1/6. Doesn’t give a survival bonus even if you clear the map without dieing. As players potentially use the survival bonus to know whether a map is cleared or not; not getting this bonus can be quite discouraging/ fraustrating as you spend alot of time looking for the missed enemy/chest.

7) Attack and Move Speed. Change the in-game move speed and attack speed values to equal the actual amount of time it takes to move or attack. Players don’t need to know their speeds once their in the game, they need to know how long it’s going to take to make the action.

8) Mana & Life steal. Add these values to ingame information screen. It’s relevant to a players actions and not knowing can be debilitating to the point of dieing because you’ve over/under estimated your return.

9) Attacking units. When selecting an enemy to attack, highlight the square the character will move to, to attack the enemy the cursor is over. This stops a player expecting a ranged character to attack when they can’t actually reach the enemy in their current position, It also stop players losing time unexpectedly because of pathing.

I may add more if i come to think of any, and i’d reccommend anyone else who’s got improvements for the interface or has had problems with it, put there feedback here so it’s all in one place.

Flag Post

2) The buttons 1,2,3,4 and 5 are already taken to select the immortals quickly.
The other suggestions would be nice, but not really necessary. Except 1, I never know when I can use my summoners lightning again, what is realy annoying.

Flag Post

I agree with everything unless specified otherwise.

2) I think it’s good with the F keys. I have played many games that use these hotkeys and never had a problem.

4) the wait function should always wait for a spell cd to replenish /debuff or buff to end/ or 100time if nothing of the previous mentioned will occour in the 100time units

7) It’s more vital to know the speed imo. Besides, being able to calculate your speed is an advantage over the opponent which i wouldn’t want to disapear. I see people doing mistakes in calculation so many times it makes me happy when i pvp against them.

8) I think it should show on the character screen, but not when u r in a region.

9) would be great as a turn on/off option

now a penny from me:

10) If in battle, make it unable to move THROUGH allies. I know that it’s grief protection, but as long as you are in battle it shouldnt be allowed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dhanken:

7) It’s more vital to know the speed imo. Besides, being able to calculate your speed is an advantage over the opponent which i wouldn’t want to disapear. I see people doing mistakes in calculation so many times it makes me happy when i pvp against them.

8) I think it should show on the character screen, but not when u r in a region.

9) would be great as a turn on/off option

now a penny from me:

10) If in battle, make it unable to move THROUGH allies. I know that it’s grief protection, but as long as you are in battle it shouldnt be allowed.

7) I disagree because 5000/movespeed is alot harder to work out (and needs to be accurate) compared to MoveTimeUnits * x = 500 which will give you the movespeed accurate to the nearest 10 easily enough.
8) It should show in game, but be hidden to opponents so as not to change the current game-play. I believe this is what you’re worried about no?
9) yeah an on/off switch is do-able too, but i don’t believe it would intrude on the interface all too much, i only imagine that the destination square to attack the target is highlighted red.
10) I’d say this is more of a PVP problem? Which takes place on a different map so could be accommodated there without changing the campaign, which seems like a better idea.

Flag Post

How about make the cursor change to a different colour (instead of keeping it blue) when I hover my mouse over an object I can’t walk over? I sometimes find myself straying away from inanimate objects when I use shroud on treant…
Take the following example:

How many trees does it look like there is?

Walking along inanimate objects is also especially hard if you are going along the bottom because as you can see in the image, a part of the mountains/trees/etc cover the square in which you can walk upon…

It’s a simple proposal really, and perhaps even insignificant, but I’d thought I’d point this out :/

P.S I’m a retard.

P.P.S There are four trees.

P.P.P.S I know noone will read this and even if it does get read it won’t be implemented but I’m really bored :/

P.P.P.P.S Also purple, change it to purple. >.>

Flag Post
Originally posted by Noob113:

P.P.P.S I know noone will read this and even if it does get read it won’t be implemented but I’m really bored :/

Not true. Read and considered!