[Skyshard Heroes] [Dev] Suggestions/Bug reports

1415 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys! We’re looking for all suggestions and bug reports on Skyshard Heroes here. Let us know and we’ll be making lots of updates in the days to come.

Flag Post

No background:

Occurred after a refresh. Unknown how it happened, unable to replicate it.

Also – not entirely a bug, but zoom feature causes some of the screen to be hidden. (Seems like it’s not scaled)

Another one is the “Your base needs repairs” dialog occasionally pops up right after a building is completed.

Flag Post

I’ve likely pinpointed the cause of the “Your base needs repairs” message that sometimes happens when a building finishes construction: Attempting to move a different building at that time.

Also, the hero combat skills other than Puncture don’t seem to have any images. In addition it seems that any skill is spammable given I have enough Mana — no 2-second cooldown between uses currently exists on Puncture.

If you are viewing a Conquest Mode territory, checking out your hero’s skills via the large picture in the lower left and training from that screen makes the resources display whatever you have in your home camp. As soon as any action that spends resources is taken in the Conquest Mode territory, the resources return to normal.

You’ve probably noticed that some players’ names do not show up in the in-game chat. I’m just here to remind you of that, although my own name works just fine. ;)

It may be nice to show the guild bonus buildings on the map before people set out to conquer new territory, although this issue hardly matters in the long run.

There is a bit of lag between a building being destroyed on my client and that building being destroyed on the server. It is entirely possible that some people may quit the battle too early to get a “Draw” result and then be unable to attack that territory again for roughly 10 minutes.

Flag Post

If you leave and come back the quests reset i already had three of all resources and its wanting me to build the first one again

Flag Post

Another one – it seems that when you finish upgrading a building, the game freezes and gets stuck – can’t build anything else. Also, the building that was just completed seems to be set to a very high level (I got a level 8 silo when upgrading from level 3-4). After a refresh, it reverts back to its expected level (level 4 in my case).

Flag Post

Why is the Hero the most pathetic thing in the world that never runs out of mana anymore? He takes almost 100dps, when he used to take around 30 max. Plus, he somehow takes poison damage, which makes the Hero something that just pops up every now and then to use Puncture, and then running.

Flag Post

i would to pick my starting hero.

Flag Post

i would like*

Flag Post

Yes, being able to pick one’s starting hero would lend the game quite a bit of variety. I think we would all like that. =P

The in-game chat has far too much of a margin at the bottom when long messages are sent. Anything 3 or more lines long and there’s an annoyingly large blank spot there.

How exactly is protection time figured out? I’ve seen timers as low as 1 minute, and after being afk for the past 2 or so days I’ve got 10 hours of protection. Any input on how this works would be appreciated. And some sort of a timer for when we view other players’ protected territories on the Conquest Map would be awesome too.

One final suggestion: Putting up a patch notes thread in these forums (so we know you’re working on the solutions to these issues!), ideally every time the game client gets updated.

Flag Post

1) When I scouted someone’s homeland and their is already someone attacking that player I have no way to exit back from scouting which I must reload.

2) Please have building following the same system as RedShift Online where lets say you can stop building of one structure and more on to building something else.

3) It would be nice if your guild mates can assist each other much more like sharing resources, Having their army protect your homelands and etc. (If-y)

Flag Post

Swapping the “Buy” and “Build” Buttons would help a lot of new players greatly. I know that when I started, I mistakenly pressed the “Buy” button a few times since I was used to having the “non-cash” choice placed on the left, and thus wasted some Skystones.

Also, building HP when attacked / damaged is not accurate – a lot of the time, it would have the being destroyed animation, and then suddenly pop back up with some HP. This sometimes gets annoying, as I usually focus on defense buildings with my hero, and move on to another building when they “appear” destroyed – only to have them pop up and deal damage / waste time.

Flag Post

I find that I cannot chat in fullscreen mode

Flag Post
Originally posted by podman78:

I find that I cannot chat in fullscreen mode

That is because of Flash

Flag Post

There is still the random “achievement-reset” bug, though not occurring as often – a refresh will fix it, so not a big issue or priority, but might as well put it on the list.

Flag Post

my towers appear to be shooting at my own structures.

Flag Post

Their is a bug when attacking players where you select a location to place your army but after that you don’t see your army nor hero therefore I click end attack resulting in a draw, Can the display bug be fixed where I can see what’s happening.

Flag Post

when the army not show up u must reffresh your browser when u are bck in game u can see the army is in battle but the hero stand on startingplace and waiting for u

Flag Post

Okey thanks, I notice reloading solves a good few problems in game. :P

Flag Post

Whenever you “scout” an enemy and it is already being under attack by another player – you’re stuck there. Pressing “end attack” won’t help – you’ll exit back to the previous screen (conquest map for conquest territories; while for other player’s main base the “end attack” button doesn’t work at all), and then all the buttons don’t respond until the target’s battle has been finished.

Flag Post

Protection doesn’t protect. ’Nuff said.

Flag Post
Originally posted by main_gi:

Which protection are you talking about, Your Homeland or Conq. Map Lands?

HomeTown = Your protection doesn’t protect you if 1) The time depleted 2) You attack someone HomeLand/Conq. Map Lands.

Conq. Map Lands = When someone takes one of your lands over you will see a display saying “Defeated” when you’re at your HomeLand but it isn’t related to your homeland but your Conq. land.

Flag Post

Can you reproduce this? Is this in Conquest mode or your homebase?

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

Can you reproduce this? Is this in Conquest mode or your homebase?

Homebase. ‘Saw qazzaq attacking me on the protection on 9hr 16m.
By the way, I need to ’repair buildings’ to do things…when they’re already repaired.

Flag Post

A few more issues that I think need addressed:

• The game loads everything very slowly and uses quite a bit of my laptop’s processing power much of the time, causing me not to see what I get from the daily chests. I don’t even know if I’m getting anything. This issue seems to happen most often when I log in to see my base got destroyed again.

• On the conquest map, I attacked a tile and destroyed the Citadel. My hero was defeated by towers after the fact. Result: Tile remained in possession of its current owner, and became unassailable due to being unable to attack a base with a destroyed Citadel. I think that if I destroyed the Citadel, it should still be counted as a victory for me at that point.

(To be honest I’d almost rather re-code battles to immediately end upon the destruction of the Citadel.)

• I would appreciate it if there was a way I could grant other players within my guild the ability to recruit and kick members. Guild Officers are a fairly standard thing in just about any game with a guild feature.

• If I control more than 8 territories on the territory map, I can see only 8 of the armies from those bases. There’s no scroll bar on that, at least that I’m aware of.

• Rivalries ignoring level differences seems slightly unfair to me. Some people will naturally grow faster than others; just because we were both level 5’s at one point doesn’t mean we’ll both be level 20’s later on (heck, I’m still only about level 10 and yet some people are pushing well into the 20’s). On the bright side, Savages seem to be far more efficient than whacking on said lower level players. I think there should be some sort of time-sensitive part to rivalries; perhaps a week of no attacks from one side should remove the rivalry from both.

Flag Post

We’re looking into the protection issue.

Conquest attacks should win with a defeated Citadel – we’re fiixng that now. We’re also fixing the Choose Attacking Town popup.

Guild officers is something we’ll consider, but for various reasons we don’t plan on launching with them.

We’ll also be adding the rival level limit shortly.