[Kingdoms CCG] Help a newbie out

16 posts

Flag Post

I’m currently playing Chapter IV with Amorya (fully upgraded) with a 35 card deck.
I say playing, actually i’ve just been losing the last 30 battles against the capitol.
The last battle i instantly forfeited it on the 2nd round, after the opponent put down a creature with 2 Att and 3 Def with 1 Armor and Flying and a “turn adjacent creatures to flying”.
I have almost no creatures over 2 Att, despite having spent all the coins i’ve earned on boosters, and even with Armorya’s “+1 Att skill”, i would be taking tons of damage from flyers before i could beat that creature’s armor. And despite all the upgrades all i have is 9HP against a 15HP opponent.
Not forgetting the opponent has creatures with “+1 armor to adjacent”, spells of “+1 armor and regen” and a ton of other powerful cards.

It’s a pretty hopeless battle and a poorly balanced game, when i can imediately tell i can’t win from the first card that is played.

Is anyone else finding this game exceedingly hard?
I can’t win Chapter I’s normal battles either…

The only reason i haven’t given up on it, and been losing battle after battle after battle, is i was hoping after defeating the capitol i might get a better hero, but i’m pretty sure by now, that it will probably suck as bad as the rest.

CCG is my favorite genre and it’s rare i find a game this good, can anyone offer some hints?

Flag Post

play with a smaller, stronger deck. lots of armor, and health regen.

Flag Post

Try another hero like Tie 1 Holy or Elemental .
Amorya could use all kingdoms creatures , so as a penalty her skills are weak.

Flag Post

i think you are playing in the hard mode… try the other chapters first, you get free heros there. Try also bronze arena, you can get 150 gold per win there.

Flag Post

I suggest you buy either silver packs or gold packs to get better cards to improve your deck and cut your deck size to 20 or less.

Flag Post

you want help, or want to tell the game is too hard? make your choice!

to be honest, i would blame your skill, because the game IS hard, but not actually on normal.

you need to use the power of your mind, to find a way to surpass the enemies strength, and pierce right into the weakness.

Flag Post

Yes, it is hard but not unbalanced. I’m only using tier 1 heroes, most of the time Amorya and I made it to 13/60 insane. If it’s to hard, farm up gold and buy gold boosters for better cards.

Flag Post

A T2 or even a T3 hero would help you greatly as they have better abilities + better stats.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Edotee:

Yes, it is hard but not unbalanced. I’m only using tier 1 heroes, most of the time Amorya and I made it to 13/60 insane. If it’s to hard, farm up gold and buy gold boosters for better cards.

Not unbalanced? You’re full of shit. You just got lucky with what cards you got.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dandamaniac:
Originally posted by Edotee:

Not unbalanced? You’re full of shit. You just got lucky with what cards you got.

No he isn’t, you just need to l2p. I cleared all campaign with t1 and no epic. The only one that were out of whack were the 4 chaos alchemist one on insane.

Flag Post

I beat all Story with T1 and Hard + Insane Mode with T2 with no Epics just Uncommons and Rares. Proof >> Deck Submissions! and this was when the Ais story mode was Hard and Hard mode was Insane you can say back when the game went live which they changed the difficulty 2 times or so after I think to be easier.

Flag Post

i cleaned insane with t1 (healer and the non-alligned).. but i admit i had 2 epics.

Flag Post

It’s probably not possible to get enough gold from the campaigns to get a deck good enough to beat all the insane levels. I wouldn’t say that’s unbalanced though, just hard. You can always play pvp and earn money for packs.

I think the common issue here is that it’s not clear to beginners WHEN they should be starting bronze pvp. In other games like this, PvP isn’t required to advance. In this game it pretty much is.

It would be really cool/helpful to add in a little part in the campaign where you have a quest to win 3/5/whatever bronze pvp matches. Throw them a couple gems as a reward and everyone will do it.

Flag Post

to beat the last ancient on insane difficulty, just play cheap fliers (1-3 mana cost) on his ancient priestesses and keep those priestesses in play while killing his larger creatures with spells and abilities. Since priestesses have timid, your fliers will be safe and you will eventually win. He has over 30 hp on insane so you got to have some life gain for turn 12. He is actually pretty easy using this method. The dragon priestess has free fliers as an ability, so if you are still using tier 1 heroes, try that.

Flag Post

The only one actually challenging on normal is the Chapter VI final battle. (STUPID BAHAMUT >.<)

But yeah. See the above for how to beat just about anything.

Flag Post

Guys im in deep s***, somehow i just cant seem to use my hero’s ability, i let it charge all the way up but when i want to use it (attacks enemy creature) nothing happens. I click on it and a “play” button appears, if i click it i get a “not” sign on it, I dont know how to use the abilities can someone tell me. Cursed be my attention span during tutorials.