[Legacy of Heroes] Suggestions

314 posts

Flag Post

Be free to post suggestions to make le game even better!

Flag Post

It needs random 5e encounters.
or the first 20ish level gameplay experience is way too disconnected to the player
having to wait 50mins to level when you are level 9 and 6exp away from level 10 is….rather discouraging, if i may say.

Flag Post

hhmm I cant imagine how that happened :( I pretty much autolevelled to level 20 or 25. We will look into it :D

Flag Post

well accidental loss to one fight can lead to that…

Flag Post

and…for example now i’m 3exp to lv 16 lol

Flag Post

I agree that this game needs a random 5 energy combat button.
I have very often been in the situation where I needed just a few more XP, but ended up having to save up at least to 20 energy.
If such a button would be implanted, then it should give very inefficient xp.
Enough for people that need just a few more, but too few to make people want to fight it all the time.
I’d be happy with 5 or 6 xp for 5 energy.
10 energy for 10-12 xp to level me up is better than having to wait to replenish 60, because all episodes happen to have bosses right now (which is actually currently true).

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Haven’t you already uploaded clash of the dragons to kongregate? I’m not sure what to do with this, does this add something new to the formula at some point?

Flag Post
Originally posted by dnevill:

Haven’t you already uploaded clash of the dragons to kongregate? I’m not sure what to do with this, does this add something new to the formula at some point?

Well, just off the bat, I noticed that the class system has more of an impact on the game than simply stat points (which are not present) and “this card does this thing for this class”. For instance, as an acolyte, all Psych-type attacks have a chance to boost damage and heal me, which goes up as I spend skill points on it (another aspect which wasn’t in Clash, where skill points only affected your deck limits and such). This also means NPCs (or Allies in this case) have an actual use as attacking cards, since they weren’t affected by attack stats in Clash.

I feel like these are things that they probably wanted to change about Clash, but couldn’t without throwing off the particular playstyle people had adapted to. You know how people can get when you change things like that post-release… (Speaking of which, 20 bucks says they’ll try to prevent cycle decks in this game, which had pretty much taken over Clash.)

Originally posted by KalevraFallstar:

hhmm I cant imagine how that happened :( I pretty much autolevelled to level 20 or 25. We will look into it :D

I assume “pretty much” isn’t literal? Because even without losing (during this level), I’m stuck with 2 energy and 10 xp from level 8 to 9. Then again, I suppose if you had a perfect win streak, the exp carryover between levels might turn out differently…

Flag Post

as mentioned, the clash map walk random encounters were good little level toppers.

Suggestion:
Create a ‘Patrol’ map with random encounters.
Give it places to walk to to complete the patrol, with each patrol location reward being a piece for forge items.

You already have the map code implemented, all it needs is some tweaks for increased encounters, and an art change.

Second suggestion, well not a suggestion something that needs implementation if the game is to survive:
Deck editor needs a ‘power’ sort. Having to find all my reflex cards after opening a few packs for example… not fun.
(type does not do it) Deck building is the fun and the individual creativity part. Instead it’s a pain, not personal.

On a lesser note Cards also need some more distinction in artwork and some flash.
They’re too plain and similar looking right now. Use a different artist/style for each power type for example.

Flag Post

The game is smooth, clean and fast. The music is good. Overall it presents well. It does seem a bit rough on design, however.

A few suggestions just from the little I’ve played so far:

• It seems slightly strange that playing the last card in a deck does not cause a a loss. Are there any situations where having zero health going into your opponents turn can result in a win?
  • For some reason, cards can only be played by clicking on the bottom third of the card. There’s no reason for this. Make the entire card clickable.
  • The “boxing gloves” mission ingredient are somewhat unintuitive. When I saw “gloves” I expected them to be a wearable item and checked my inventory. EDIT: Ok, even worse: apparently there are boxing gloves that are items and boxing gloves that aren’t. Boxing Gloves (Blue) is an equipable item but Blue Boxing Gloves are an unequippable crafting component.
  • The “60% to deal damage for every card in your depletion pile” card is completely stupid. Remove it. You may as well have a “60% to win your current match” card. Little is as fvrustrating for a player as being ahead by a large margin, ion the verge of victory only to have it snatched away because an opponent plays as “I win now” card.
  • Please allow resetting of issues even if they are incomplete.
  • The deck design window is very cramped. if I have my collection visible, the cards currently in the deck portion of the window gets squished, I have to scroll through to see both deck and collections, and it’s generally just awkward. I can only assume this will get much, much worse as deck and collection sizes increase. There’s plenty of available space in the flash window. Use it.
  • The player avatar in the upper left is naked. The lower left avatar is clothed, but the upper left is not.
  • The store is inadequate. I’ve been playing for an hour or two, I’m level 10, and even now there is still only one item I can buy that has any gameplay value: the honor booster pack. That’s it. The non-legacy equipment is all cosmetic only. That there is cosmetic equipment is fine…but all of the non-legacy buyable equipment is cosmetic, and the only equipment that has any gameplay effect all requires legacy coins to purchase.
  • A couple times when I’ve clicked “brawl” I get a “cannot connect to server” message and the game locks. I understand that servers occassionally have problems. But the flash applet needs to be smart enough to simply say that the service isn’t available and continue running. I shouldn’t need to refresh just because your server is having problems.
  • I suggest that card duplication limits be either seriously diminished or removed completely. This is supposed to be a card collecting game, but the duplication limit is so low and the deck size large enough that the value of “collecting” cards seems fairly minimal. Presumably you have the duplication limit so low to prevent a player who has a bunch of some particularly good cards from becoming extremely powerful. But…that exactly what every player wants to do.
  • The skill system is badly designed:

1) Requiring a player to spend skillpoints to gain access to game functions like autoplay and “faster autoplay” is annoying and stupid. You may as well have the mute button require skill points. Fix this. Do it right and come up with more skills. In fact, the majority of “skill” points are for game interface and mechanic kinds of things like autoplay, additional decks, etc.

2) Class badges are avaialble so rarely and skillpoints are so plentiful that there’s really no point in compelling us to click to buy them. Nobody is going to not invest in their class badges because it was more important to get something else instead.

3) The available skills are generally boring, lack any meaningful differentation, and seem to be mostly meta-game-mechanic kinds of things rather than anything that would generally be considered a “skill.” Again, the system is badly designed. Players want to invest skill points in abilities an “character” traits that differentiate him from other players. Even with the existing game mechanics you could easily have had skills for “intiative” to see who goes first, additional fire/physical/mental/etc damage, damage absorbtion or reflection for each damage types, chance to resist depletion…any number of things. It kind of looks like you reserved this sort of thing for use as “class badges” but because of #1 above, the way you’ve implemented it, they’re not really skills. They’re just something you get because of the class you choose. The whole thing seems klunky.

—> Honestly, I’d suggest removing “classes” completely, change the “class badges” into skills, and allow players to spend points on them freely. Remove stuff like “autoplay” from the skill list and give it to everybody. Again…the mute button isn’t a skill either.

Flag Post

The game killer here is the collection window, it’s stupid to have a window so small, you have a flash bigger than my screen (literally, that annoys me in all your games, not too bad though) yet the deck editor is smaller than this post, it’s ridiculous

Flag Post
Originally posted by LordBucket:

2) Class badges are avaialble so rarely and skillpoints are so plentiful that there’s really no point in compelling us to click to buy them. Nobody is going to not invest in their class badges because it was more important to get something else instead.

If you’ve played Clash of the Dragons, you’d know that skill point costs go up very fast. And investing points in increasing the amount/types of cards you can put in your deck is extremely important. Being able to have four copies of your most powerful cards will become more important than adding an additional 10% chance to do +1 damage with them.

Trust me, you can’t judge the skill system from level 10. This is the kind of game where you’re not even finished with the “practice” levels until 75-100. I’m level 285 in Clash, and I’m nowhere near getting all the skills I want most in that game, let alone maxing out.

Originally posted by LordBucket:

3) The available skills are generally boring, lack any meaningful differentation, and seem to be mostly meta-game-mechanic kinds of things rather than anything that would generally be considered a “skill.” Again, the system is badly designed. Players want to invest skill points in abilities an “character” traits that differentiate him from other players. Even with the existing game mechanics you could easily have had skills for “intiative” to see who goes first, additional fire/physical/mental/etc damage, damage absorbtion or reflection for each damage types, chance to resist depletion…any number of things. It kind of looks like you reserved this sort of thing for use as “class badges” but because of #1 above, the way you’ve implemented it, they’re not really skills. They’re just something you get because of the class you choose. The whole thing seems klunky.

The kind of mechanic you’re suggesting (or rather, the inflation of existing mechanics) would not work well in a card game, especially one where it’s so difficult to adjust your skills once you’ve invested them. The more you differentiate the characters the more likely there will be a “best” build and multiple “garbage” builds, and people will just quit the game once they find out that they’ve spent their skill points the wrong way. When you get to the point where it takes days to level up, you only get 5 points per level (assuming the skill gain goes up from 2 per level like it does in Clash), and one rank of the skill you need costs 70 points…

Character differentiation comes from your deck, something you don’t need to remake your character to adjust (particularly since you can’t remake your character). The skill system is intended to make it feel like you’re becoming more powerful from leveling up, rather than just getting enough money for a new booster pack.

On that note, one thing I’m worried about is how prohibitive it will be to change classes. In Clash, it was just 25/50/75 skill points to unlock a new class, but in this game you’ll have to invest an enormous amount of points to get any given class to match the power of your previously unlocked classes. This is in addition to the deck upgrades, which don’t seem to be any cheaper than they were in Clash when that was the only place to spend your points. At least, I’m assuming that your class skills are reduced to 0 for each class, right? Or do they carry over? I think that would actually be a great way to do it, since even the same skill would have different effects for each class. For instance, switching from Strongharm to acolyte would let you retain your ranks in Power, but they would give you a bonus to shield instead of strength due to the class’s effects. However, due to the fact that the level requirements are different for each class, I get the feeling that’s not the case, and I’d rather not waste 25 skill points just to find out…

Flag Post

make the updates more frequent than just weekly, if only for the first weeks or month.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Socran:
people will just quit the game once they find out that they’ve spent their skill points the wrong way. When you get to the point where it takes days to level up, you only get 5 points per level (assuming the skill gain goes up from 2 per level like it does in Clash), and one rank of the skill you need costs 70 points

Having game mechanic things like deck slots and autoplay only make what you’re describing worse. If you think people will quit for investing in the “wrong build” how do you think they’ll react when they discover they can’t even afford their basic class badge because they spent points on having an autoplay feature and a second deck slot? And the “wrong build” problem already exists now because of classes. If a player chooses a class that turns out to be especially weak, that’s not really any different than investing in skills that turn out to be weak.

Either way, having basic game interface functions like autoplay and “faster autoplay” use up the same skillpoints used to enhance a character is abyssmally stupid. I really don’t see having the autoplay button require skillpoints as being any different than having the mute button require skillpoints.

There are actually parody games here on kongregate made solely to point out how stupid this kind of thing is.

Flag Post

okay, great, now I can filter my cards by class, but why does a power/sculpting card gets hidden if I leave the sculpting filter on and the power filter off? When I use the filters, I want to find the cards that my class can take advantage of, a firesculptor and a strongarm will find Bantam useful, why hide him for both classes?

Edit: Likewise, cards such as Shy freshman should get hidden as soon as I have a class filter on, you know what? The current system doesn’t work, make it so that if one filter is on, all the cards that class can use are displayed, you made it work exactly like the previous sorting methods, but since a card can have multiple classes, it doesn’t work

Conclusion: only hide a card if all the classes that card uses are filtered

Flag Post

First of all, let’s get some decent clothes in the store for a regular money purchase.
Second can I have an option to remove cards in my deck from my collection screen? That would be great.
Also do you plan to add more power sets in the future? adding one element fire, but no others seems like an odd choice. Having a larger number of classes to choose from would make this more interesting I’m sure.
Have other difficulties been added for issues? I restarted an issue, and tried to change the difficulty, but couldn’t. It says normal difficulty, so I wanted to beat hard difficulty next.

Flag Post

I’d like to be able sell cards I don’t use back to the store.

Flag Post
Originally posted by elifaus:

It needs random 5e encounters.
or the first 20ish level gameplay experience is way too disconnected to the player
having to wait 50mins to level when you are level 9 and 6exp away from level 10 is….rather discouraging, if i may say.

Issue Select → Issue #1 → Reset → 5 energy, 8 exp fight. Don’t know if it works multiple times, but very easy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Umabomber:

Also do you plan to add more power sets in the future? adding one element fire, but no others seems like an odd choice. Having a larger number of classes to choose from would make this more interesting I’m sure.
Have other difficulties been added for issues? I restarted an issue, and tried to change the difficulty, but couldn’t. It says normal difficulty, so I wanted to beat hard difficulty next.

Firesculptors are a reference to the Pyrelords of Clash of the Dragons. Contrary to the name, they’re not really a fire-only class, just a “magic in general” that’s fire-themed from the start. In fact, magic cards in Clash are divided into light and dark, with fire cards just falling under dark and not being a particular focus of the class at all. Since that game has had the same four classes forever (Sentinel, Assassin, Pyrelord, and Druid), I don’t think their current plan is to add more classes. Consider the Firesculptor to just be the “energy attack” class.

You can change the difficulty from the issue selection screen, not inside the issue itself. When selecting the issue, check the top-right corner.

Originally posted by JoeBl:

I’d like to be able sell cards I don’t use back to the store.

That’s another thing that has been around in Clash since forever and they said they don’t plan on changing. However, that game eventually added a system called the Nexus that allows you to craft cards using other cards (including “recycling” a large number for another random one). So you might look forward to something like that, rather than selling them outright.

EDIT: One major issue I just noticed occurs to anyone whose screen is too small to fit the entire game. When you open the friends/league members tab, if you try to scroll the window, it will close. However, the button to open it is in the bottom right, and the tab to switch from friend list to league list is at the top… Without switching to full screen, there’s no way for some people to switch tabs, even if it’s just to uncheck “hide online status” (which you need to do seperately for leagues and friends).

Edit again: This also becomes an issue when trying to chat… Basically, just make it so scrolling doesn’t close out of that window. I’m fine with having to croll to get to different buttons, but this is incredibly inconvenient.

Flag Post

One little suggestion…It’s really not very noticeable when you’ve received items for completing a fight. Otherwise, fun game :D

Flag Post

This game seems too linear and forced (no optional fights). It is also very short (I should not be able to beat a third of the zones within 3 hours when the game uses energy (when I don’t buy refills either).

Flag Post
Originally posted by theboss1248:

This game seems too linear and forced (no optional fights). It is also very short (I should not be able to beat a third of the zones within 3 hours when the game uses energy (when I don’t buy refills either).

My thoughts exactly, you should have a “bonus issue” like the dream thing in clash or the Dahrizon thing in Dawn

Flag Post

There is no point in optional fights in a energy game, you will end up skipping them 100% of the time. And I personally like the short zones. I got fed up with fighting 100 Orocs in a row.

Flag Post

^ What last comment said. The filters overlap the search bar and the class filter doesn’t do anything.