We’ve spent the last week taking a careful look at the data we’ve collected and the very valuable feedback from you about the recent changes to the xp and leveling curve. We’ve come up with a plan that we believe will satisfy our dedicated players as well making UberStrike more welcoming to our newer players.
To summarize, below is an overview of the changes we’ll be rolling out over the coming weeks.
Changes to the Economy
- High quality weapons and gear available permanently for points
- Lowering of level locks to allow earlier access to weapons and gear
- Attribution of better items to new players for a short duration
Changes to the Level Curve
- The maximum level will be uncapped to 60
- Levels 1 to 10 will continue to be fairly easy to allow new players to discover the game and unlock basic items
- Levels 11 to 30 will get an increase in difficulty to allow more dedicated players to unlock advanced items
- Levels greater than 30 will become significantly more difficult to challenge our most dedicated players to gain status and unlock permanent points items
What does this mean?
Q: I have already leveled up in the current system, but I was less than Level 10 in the old system. What happens?
A: Your accumulated XP will be saved and your level will be adjusted to match the new system
Q: I was between level 10 and 40 in the old system. What happens?
A: We will calculate your position on the level curve based on your lifetime performance (kills, headshots, nutshots etc)
Q: What about the veteran items you promised us?
A: Fear not, our tireless artists are carefully constructing them as we write this. They will be included in the next release (4.3.8).
Q: Why are you doing this to us?
A: Because we love UberStrike just as much as you do, and are doing our best to make it fun for everyone. We don’t always get it right, but we always have the best interests of our players at heart. If you tell us something we did sucks, we’ll listen. Like now.
To summarize, our objective is to make earning XP and leveling up in UberStrike fairly easy at the beginning but get progressively more challenging as you move up in rank. Running in parallel to that is the points and level locking economy, which opens simple weapons and gear easily to lower level players, and more advanced items to players the higher they move up the chain. Beyond that, the very upper echelons of the leveling system are reserved for only the most hardcore UberStrikers. Maybe that’s you, and now you have a chance to be the first to get to level 60. Rock on.
Your friendly UberStrike curators,
Shaun & Pierre.
note. We want your feedback! Do you love it? Are we crazy? Let us know."
This is an announcement from Cmune. It was posted on the UberStrike Forums @ Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:11 am by Shaun.
I am not an admin, I do not work with Cmune, I’m just relaying the information to the Kongregate Users.