[Redshift] Hey Rudgutter- Any updates this week?

16 posts

Flag Post

Hi Rudgutter / Synapse -

Any updates / development progress made this week? If so, what?

Thanks in advance!

- Mookie

(btw, I still want the following fixes:
[easy]
– ES: on death / log out: reset location back to Sol.
– ES: Mining calculations and numbers need to appear correctly.
– Fleets: 24 wait period when changing fleets (if you quit or kicked from a fleet, you can’t join or apply to another one for 24 hours) (Thanks TwilightShadows!)
[hard]
– Fix client-server communications: if I push commands to the server too quickly (like I’m using all of my activated weapons at once), only 3/4 of them are received by the server, and the 4th is wasted (client side thinks I used it)
– Make ES more of a fleet platform (allow everyone in the fleet to reap the benefits of a system)
)

Flag Post

Nothing is scheduled for this week or next, but we’re still working on things.

Flag Post

I agree that the easy updates should come out soon. I don’t see or quite understand why it is taking so long. The hard part and why you lost more players is because people see this as a flaw since it wasn’t updated in the release from beta testing.

Mining display-shouldn’t be that hard…

Log out from ES into SOL
userid – system id – check system owner/fleet id
if fleetid = same as userid’s fleet id = accept log in at current system
if fleetid is not = than log into system id

I believe you need similar text ect in your code. It wouldn’t be too different from what I have listed above here

You want precise coding I know many a user who would volunteer, including myself to code this simple lines…
I can’t imagine your mining display problem would be harder than the empire space log in/off issue when dead/death in enemy system ect.

Flag Post

What things have you been working on? Can we get a % completion on them? Again.. I kind of expect the easy fixes to be deployed soon… they will help fix some of the broken mechanics.

Flag Post

Another easy one would be, 24 hour wait on rejoining fleet to prevent abuse (Cough IA Cough)

Flag Post

Any ideas of the things you guys are working on? SkyShard and Tyrant both had updates…. The player base is also more informed of the things in which you are updating. We get no such info anymore about ideas/projects being done with RedShift.

Its a shame your losing what little player base you had left. All because you refuse to give out information. You think we care about promises or scrapped ideas? No, infact we don’t. But we can tell you which are good and which are bad.

You think we care if you miss a deadline?

Not if we know that you are working on something and not just leading sheep through a endless field in the dark.

So maybe you could tell your team at Synapse you need to be able to do your job. Which as I understood it was, Public Releations. Because right now…. Your failing at it.

Flag Post

It may seem like we’re not working, but we’ve been keeping track of the suggestions/ bugs you guys have said and making minor changes. RS is just as important to us as ever and we know it has a great and caring fanbase.

We have some cool tweaks and balance changes coming, but what they are has to be kept mum for now.

Flag Post

Could we get the bug fixed that causes power calculation to not work properly when changing from one ship to another? Particularly going from a steol to a dec2 in my case. Takes me five minutes of equipping and unequipping gear and flipping in and out of the hangar screen before it fixes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dudearoni2:

Could we get the bug fixed that causes power calculation to not work properly when changing from one ship to another? Particularly going from a steol to a dec2 in my case. Takes me five minutes of equipping and unequipping gear and flipping in and out of the hangar screen before it fixes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Flag Post

While you’re at it, fix similar bugs for:
health calculations
evasion
shields
tracking
damage (when changing ships, these become inconsistent)

Please also check the above to make sure they are consistent between the client and the server… I’m finding that they are not, and so health values seem to “yo-yo”

Flag Post

Had a lot of noobs asking if boss drops have been turned off? Can’t say I pay too much attn now, except the sell for nice creds if you get them. Any answers on that?

Flag Post

Photon Shield dropped for someone today… so I guess the drops are still on. but on other notes… looks like no one is logging in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mookie314:

Photon Shield dropped for someone today… so I guess the drops are still on. but on other notes… looks like no one is logging in.

People are going on hiatus since its summer also some are waiting for updates or notice from synapse that things are being fixed and spending time and money on other games since synapse can’t even give us the courtesy they do for their other games like SkyShard with fast updates, and response. Basically everyone is upset that synapse abandoned us and this game. They gave up on it, and used the same code practically for other games. They thought we wouldn’t notice… Heh.. I guess they don’t realize just how intelligent their player base was for this game.

Flag Post

Synapse don’t care so why should we? Time to play other games instead, that’s the smart thing to do as devs listen to feedback not at all. Move along nothing to see here folks…

Flag Post

No updates in terms of forum posts, promises and let alone actual technical fixes. In two months. Pity that the devs seem to have abondoned this game, which must have cost them some $$ to produce. Especially since revamping this game can can make them lots of $$$$ for a tiny investment.

Flag Post

They gave up on this game and are working on Tyrant + Skyshard heroes it seems.