[Legacy of Heroes] July Community Giveaways!

49 posts

Flag Post

First, I want to welcome you to the newest 5PG game, Legacy of Heroes! We are very happy to have you here and hope you are as excited about this new game as we are.

Now, let’s get to the good stuff. As some of you may know, at 5th Planet Games we are very proud of the amazing communities that come together around our games. With Legacy of Heroes, we wanted to try something new. What we want to do is give away a bunch of free stuff as the game and community hit some exciting milestones.

Here is the plan: In the month of July, we are going to give away free stuff to everyone in the game when we hit milestones for plays and rating. For every 250,000 plays and every 1/10th of a rating point increase, we will give away something cool to everyone, like a bunch of skill points, a few packs, maybe even some Legacy Coins if we reach some crazy achievement!

For tracking purposes, the first rating that will trigger a reward will be 3.8. With the plays, we are going to start at 250,000, so that one should happen really soon! Fine print: All rewards are at the discretion of the developers and will be given out during the weekly maintenance, not at the time the goal is reached.

Again, we are very excited about Legacy of Heroes and its community. Welcome, and enjoy!

Flag Post

Ahh, i cant wait for those giveaways. I wonder what the chance on getting a giveaway prize will be.

Flag Post

He said “give away free stuff to everyone in the game when we hit a milestones”

Flag Post

Hehe, sorry about that, fail on my part. Anyways, let’s get ratin’.

Flag Post

Rated and playing :) Great game again from 5PG

Flag Post

Fantastic! Wish I could rate the game at 10 stars, but already stuck at 5 and a heart :P

Flag Post

I rated 5 stars, I love this like most other 5th planet games

Flag Post

To start, I would like to clarify that I am by no means saying that I dislike this game with the following post; in fact, even without this “free stuff” as an incentive, I have already rated it 5/5 and favorited for being an amazing game.

However, I personally dislike the idea of rewarding players for rating the game highly and playing it many times. There is already the daily loyalty program on the “Home” screen, which gives free stuff to individuals for their high activity. And as for the game’s rating, I do not believe that there should be free stuff given away based on that. You are, it could be argued, saying “give us 5/5 and you get free stuff!” rather than encouraging people to rate based on the actual quality of the game.

If I may provide an alternative suggestion, perhaps having milestones for number of players (and not count any that have not chosen a class or something, to discourage people from creating alternate accounts to bump up the numbers, and also provide a more accurate estimate of people who intend on remaining active) rather than number of gameplays would be better. This way, people are more likely to encourage their friends to enjoy this game too, rather than just ask them to rate it 5/5 even if they aren’t going to play again.

Flag Post

thats a great suggestion Dragonalx :D

Flag Post

But… by tricking the rating system like this… does it not make it a false sense of how the game is realy?

Flag Post

I understand what you’re saying, Dragonalx. But I’m sure you can see the bigger picture. These types of games are developed not as an entirely altruistic venture.

Flag Post

well, i ve forgotten to rate the game 6 days ago, and this post reminded me to do that :<

thnx for good news, kal :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dragonalx:

However, I personally dislike the idea of rewarding players for rating the game highly and playing it many times. There is already the daily loyalty program on the “Home” screen, which gives free stuff to individuals for their high activity. And as for the game’s rating, I do not believe that there should be free stuff given away based on that. You are, it could be argued, saying “give us 5/5 and you get free stuff!” rather than encouraging people to rate based on the actual quality of the game.

Gotta agree with this. I love the game and had rated it 5/5 long before this offer but it does seem a little shifty. Though it may not be the dev’s intention to be buying votes, that is what will happen or at the very least it is how this promotion appears. Don’t get me wrong, I love the thought of getting free stuff as much as the rest but on a website that offers cash prizes for high ratings is this really the right thing to do?

Flag Post
Originally posted by LilyAldrin:

well, i ve forgotten to rate the game 6 days ago, and this post reminded me to do that :<

thnx for good news, kal :)

^— same, n done.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eomry:
Originally posted by Dragonalx:

Gotta agree with this. I love the game and had rated it 5/5 long before this offer but it does seem a little shifty. Though it may not be the dev’s intention to be buying votes, the is what will happen or at the very least it is how this promotion appears. Don’t get me wrong, I love the thought of getting free stuff as much as the rest but on a website that offers cash prizes for high ratings is this really the right thing to do?

this, it is… not right. Think about it, please.

Flag Post

And yet at the same time nobody is forced to spend RL cash on the game.

So they have the ability to decide if the game is for them before committing…

Not that I don’t’ think ti’s somewhat shady, just playing devil’s advocate here.

Flag Post

5thPG could offer a real 100$/€ bill every time you log into the game and people would still complain about wanting 2 50$/€ bills instead :)

Flag Post

Felendis, bestest game maker

Flag Post

May I have a suggestion? I would suggest Felendis huggin’ everyone as one of the gift.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Horix:

May I have a suggestion? I would suggest Felendis huggin’ everyone as one of the gift.

This.

Flag Post

5stars!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Setirb:

5thPG could offer a real 100$/€ bill every time you log into the game and people would still complain about wanting 2 50$/€ bills instead :)

Let’s try that out.

Flag Post

Hey guys, I’ve got my time machine up. Let’s all go back and rate this game 1 on the day it came out, then come back and switch it!

But no, yeah, I do feel that the “rate for rewards” thing isn’t right. C’mon, you guys can be cool without having to game the system.

I’m fine with the number of plays thing, though. With the energy system working the way it does, I don’t think anybody who intentionally spams refresh will make as big of an impact as the regular amount of refreshes anyway. Some people might try to game the system, but they don’t realize how unnecessary it is.

Originally posted by Naughtystuff:

I understand what you’re saying, Dragonalx. But I’m sure you can see the bigger picture. These types of games are developed not as an entirely altruistic venture.

I don’t understand why people always seem to think that “games should make money” means “developers are always going to con the players in some way”. As a developer myself (not for this game), this hurts. Every game I’ve been a part of has focused on making money through quality. And marketing. And failed at both, but that’s beside the point. Developers need money, but they chose to be part of an entertainment industry, which is pretty much always because they were entertained by that industry themselves. Their first thought is always “I will get paid for making great games, just as I have paid money to play great games.” Only the publishers operate on different principles, and they don’t count as “developers” at all.

Flag Post

Guys, its not a secret that the objective of this giveaway was to get people to rate the game and build a stronger community. To boil it all down to one word though, we wanted to raise awareness.

We didnt know what was going to happen with the rating, we hoped it would go up over time like it has with all of our other games. We added plays as a milestone to this giveaway to ensure we had something to shoot for and something that likely had to naturally happen over time.

With the ratings, we had faith that we had build a good enough game that people would rate it positively once they were made aware or reminded of the rating system. We know that this wont change someone’s vote from a 1 to a 5, if they hate the game then they really dont give a crap about free stuff because they wont be playing it. Hopefully one thing it will do will be to encourage people to help out the new players that are just finding it for the first time. It might also be the nudge people that love the game need to tell their friends about it and get them to come play, which is usually a win for everyone.

Flag Post

I’d rate anything made by 5thPlanetGame a 5. Free rewards for logging in, and a extremely generous free ingame currency system compared to other devs. The gameplay is solid, addictive, and easy to learn. I think this event may not succeed however. I feel that it may give some some people incentive to rate this game down so they can deprive other players from getting any sort of rewards in this event.