[Runescape] Does anybody else hate where this game is going?

22 posts

Flag Post

It seems like Jagex is doing everything they can get money and I understand that it’s a company but they are taking it A bit too far. They Opposed real world trading sp much that they removed trading and Pvp but finnaly returned it. Now it seems that Jagex is selling you in-game advantages!

First I am going to talk about the Squeal of Fortune. Jagex will give you one or two a day but you have the option to buy extras with real cash and the rewards can go anywhere from a 1 million xp lamp to about 10m GP or a piece of dragon armor. My problem with this is that the grind and work it took to level up is now invalid because the guy next to you can buy his skills to 99 and buy in game gold through the legit company (Jagex). What’s the point of grinding a skill anymore? In the past they make it apperent that they would never do that untill Gower sells the company turning it into greed. This is what will kill the game.

Second, The members loyalty program: This Allows a bonus to skills like a 3 percent chance to catch extra fish or never fail and agility move. It’s saying whoever promises to always be a member will get the advantage even if it’s pvp where the auroa that they picked up gives them a bonus.

and finnaly they are selling in game items in addition to game cards like the Katana that you could get. I was stupid to buy it! Why did I want it? It doesn’t compare to the other armors or weapones you can get and now they are selling a flaming hat or something which I will NOT buy.

To me it seems as though the game has been going downhill since the Ge was added so around 2007? 2006? The best time for the game.

Now A majoriety of the people in the game are either botter, scammers or beggers.

Beggers: Go to yahoo answers or look at a few of the threads on this forum and you will see somebody ask for a free item. In Rs you will get somebody who will randomely come up to you and say “Can i haz fwee stuff plz” or “I got hacked so can I have 1 mill” It annoys me how everybody on Yahoo answeres are like this. They won’t get it for themselves..

Scammers: Go to the grand exchange and look at the conversation in the area. You will see somebody trying to gamble like the the “Flower game” or you might see somebody give 100k to somebody only to see the teleport. I fell for it once and lost 500k which isn’t as bad compared to what other amounts you can get and I never gambled or did that again.

Bots: Don’t get me started on bots! They outnumber the real players and have 10 people at resource on every server. Jagex can’t take all the reports or stop them when they make another account. Even attacking the bott companies is inefficient.

Bottom line: The game is selling advantages so the game has turned into pure greed and is now dominated by the bots scammers and beggers.

Flag Post

Ive been a member for over 2 years now, only 105 days untill i can get my veteran cape.
I dont really mind beggers, scammers or bots really. Alot of beggers and scammers are people who have been lured or scammed out of their items or passwords. Ive been there, ive been lured and lost everything, ive been careless and lost my items, ive even gone crazy and gambled all of my items. It’s hard getting back what you’ve lost, sometimes the first 100k is the hardest. Makeing back a cash pile is difficult when you’ve no money or items, Often you find yourself not knowing where to start. It’s easy to tell a beggar to go and make their own money, but often they cannot. I am lucky enough to have some loyal friends and clan mates on runescape, they help’d me rebuild from nothing, sometimes it was just simple thinks like giveing me a hatchet or a pickaxe so i could go and mine/ chop for supplies. I can also sympothise with bots, I won’t lie, i used to bot. But nothing massive like skills, I used to bot things like vial filling or pure essence. That was just for a bit of extra money on the side incase i was careless and lost my items again. Atleast with a bit of money on another account gives me something to rebuild with. I don’t bot anymore but i always keep 100k spare.

As for the loyalty programm, i dont see how you could complain about the aurus,Its not like the aurus will last for hours, most last for 5 minutes and have a recharge time of over an hour, Really the loyalty programm was brought in as a present from jagex to say, Thanks for being a member we’re happy to have you as a loyal supporter. It was meant to give members a reason to keep their membership going, not just to make them get a 1 month membership to grind and then go back to free player worlds with their newly gained skills.

Flag Post

A lot players hate where this game is going. Have you ever read the real RS forums?

Flag Post

<

Originally posted by rawr236:

Ive been a member for over 2 years now, only 105 days untill i can get my veteran cape.
I dont really mind beggers, scammers or bots really. Alot of beggers and scammers are people who have been lured or scammed out of their items or passwords. Ive been there, ive been lured and lost everything, ive been careless and lost my items, ive even gone crazy and gambled all of my items. It’s hard getting back what you’ve lost, sometimes the first 100k is the hardest. Makeing back a cash pile is difficult when you’ve no money or items, Often you find yourself not knowing where to start. It’s easy to tell a beggar to go and make their own money, but often they cannot. I am lucky enough to have some loyal friends and clan mates on runescape, they help’d me rebuild from nothing, sometimes it was just simple thinks like giveing me a hatchet or a pickaxe so i could go and mine/ chop for supplies. I can also sympothise with bots, I won’t lie, i used to bot. But nothing massive like skills, I used to bot things like vial filling or pure essence. That was just for a bit of extra money on the side incase i was careless and lost my items again. Atleast with a bit of money on another account gives me something to rebuild with. I don’t bot anymore but i always keep 100k spare.

As for the loyalty programm, i dont see how you could complain about the aurus,Its not like the aurus will last for hours, most last for 5 minutes and have a recharge time of over an hour, Really the loyalty programm was brought in as a present from jagex to say, Thanks for being a member we’re happy to have you as a loyal supporter. It was meant to give members a reason to keep their membership going, not just to make them get a 1 month membership to grind and then go back to free player worlds with their newly gained skills.

Just because you got scammed doesn’t justify scamming somebody else. When I lost all of my money I never turned into a begger/Botter/Scammer. I worked to build it back up alone.

I guess you’re right about the members loyalty but the squeal of fortune has got to go! If you put hours into the game to get a skill like magic up and after a few months you are about 97 I could start at level 1 and beat you in about 20 minutes. I have seen games like ministry of war sell ingame advantages but because they are free to play they have to have something to stay online. Jagex on the other hand under Gower made it look like this would never happen and a game with membership like this is just killing the game.

Originally posted by BobTehLoner:

A lot players hate where this game is going. Have you ever read the real RS forums?

I have but I have known Jagex to have the worst customer support ever.

Flag Post

I don’t mind the Squeal of Fortune. While it may look like you are getting something nice, the actual chances of ‘something nice’ is extremely slim. The best reward I’ve gotten is a huge exp, which is about 40k exp. Not to mention most of the rare rewards are untradable and are purely cosmetic. That said, buying spins is impractical. It is simply not worth the value. Plus, I don’t mind logging on every day getting a couple exp lamps every now and then.

As for the beggars, scammers, and bots… That’s the community…Not Jagex.

Flag Post

Immortal, im not saying that if you get scammed you should scam someone else. But alot of people who do get scammed think, " If he/she can get away with scamming someone out of their cash pile, why cant i?"

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2-OTfIGKOs&amp;feature=related
Sums up begging in rs fairly well.

Flag Post

Now they have Runecoins? lol! Selling game cards with SOF and Runecoins in addition to membership. I give up at this point they game is ruined by greed. I am not going to buy this and by the way they spam my Email to get me to resub for 200 rune coins is just bullshit. Sorry but I quit. I will not resub. This game was good in 2007 but now Gower doesn’t own he company anymore so now it’s just annoying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Immortal7777:

Now they have Runecoins? lol! Selling game cards with SOF and Runecoins in addition to membership. I give up at this point they game is ruined by greed. I am not going to buy this and by the way they spam my Email to get me to resub for 200 rune coins is just bullshit. Sorry but I quit. I will not resub. This game was good in 2007 but now Gower doesn’t own he company anymore so now it’s just annoying.

The CEOs don’t exactly live in one bedroom apartments eating Cup Noodles, you know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Alteir:

The CEOs don’t exactly live in one bedroom apartments eating Cup Noodles, you know.

They have about 1 million people giving them 5 bucks a month. I am ok with free games selling items for real world cash because they need something to keep them running but an mmo the size of Jagex selling in game advantages is just greed. Gower did a great job and made the best decisions for the game but now it’s too much. They will do anything for cash now.

Flag Post

They have about 1 million people giving them 5 bucks a month. I am ok with free games selling items for real world cash because they need something to keep them running but an mmo the size of Jagex selling in game advantages is just greed. Gower did a great job and made the best decisions for the game but now it’s too much. They will do anything for cash now.

Alot of people overlook this but, it’s not always jagex making the decisions in game, alot of the time, the investers almost force jagex to do certain things. Jagex are happy to ban all bots, but the investers are saying no because the botters pay for membership to bot certain things. Tbh immortal, i really dont care for your complaints. You’ve complained about most of the things that alot of players are happy about, the runecoin shop doesnt give in game advantages, everything that you buy in that store gives no stats bonuses, no bonus xp and will provide you no in game advantages. SoF was meant to give you a reason to log in daily instead of just logging in once a month for one reason or another. If you love how runescape was in 2007, go play 2006scape. It’s great that you’ve quit runescape! now you can continue with your life instead of staying inside complaining about a game. I really would like to see you make an mmorpg, with the amount of investers that jagex has, I would love to see your new mmorpg become as big as runescape and i would love to see how many threads you get complaining about the updates. If you have a real complaint for runescape, go to the official runescape fourms.

Flag Post

Alot of people overlook this but, it’s not always jagex making the decisions in game, alot of the time, the investers almost force jagex to do certain things. Jagex are happy to ban all bots, but the investers are saying no because the botters pay for membership to bot certain things. Tbh immortal, i really dont care for your complaints. You’ve complained about most of the things that alot of players are happy about, the runecoin shop doesnt give in game advantages, everything that you buy in that store gives no stats bonuses, no bonus xp and will provide you no in game advantages. SoF was meant to give you a reason to log in daily instead of just logging in once a month for one reason or another. If you love how runescape was in 2007, go play 2006scape. It’s great that you’ve quit runescape! now you can continue with your life instead of staying inside complaining about a game. I really would like to see you make an mmorpg, with the amount of investers that jagex has, I would love to see your new mmorpg become as big as runescape and i would love to see how many threads you get complaining about the updates. If you have a real complaint for runescape, go to the official runescape fourms.

If it was meant to get people to log on once a day they wouldn’t sell them through cards and how can you say that if I can’t make an mmo then my points are worthless? If I can’t top it then I have to like it?

The only thing I have complained about in previous posts were bots, Scammers and beggers! Do you support them? You seem to thing it’s justified to bot by saying things like they are getting supplies like lobsters for a battle or how begging and scamming is alright if you recently hacked. Why would you be happy about buying coins and armor with real cash? You couldn’t be open minded about it but you have to resort to “Can you do better” to get your point across.

Flag Post

Scammers and beggars are a natural part of the game. Don’t hate the game. Hate the community. And when can we buy ‘coins’ and ‘armor’ with real cash? Heck, membership is an in game advantage. Btw, he never even implied that he supported botting, scamming, or such.

Flag Post

Scammers and beggars are a natural part of the game. Don’t hate the game. Hate the community. And when can we buy ‘coins’ and ‘armor’ with real cash? Heck, membership is an in game advantage. Btw, he never even implied that he supported botting, scamming, or such.

Rawr236 mentioned using A bot in the above post for essence minning and vial filling. I understand how the community is but the squeal of fortune puts things on the table such as coins or luky armors. My only problem with the game is how they seem to adding all of thease Shops to get more cash and they are not just cosmetic items that give no advantage like the katana but the Squeal is.

Flag Post

I didn’t say getting hacked or scammed was a reason to scam or hack someone else. But most scammers do start things because they themselfs were scammed. If you really understood what i was saying about scammers and bots immortal, you would realise that i support them in no way at all. IMO, SoF is just a bit of fun, and a nice way to gain xp. Buying spins just to get lamps is very impractical as your not guaranteed to get the xp that you want. I think the reason jagex has started to sell spins is because of the rs players, a few days after the realise of SoF the officail runescape fourms were flooded with threads asking for an option to buy spins. With the amount of threads requesting this, I think jagex felt obliged to add this option in. But one last thing, if you have really quit runescape, why are you still replying to our posts?
Most of the people i know that have quit runescape left runescape behinde them along with everything they love’d and hate’d about it. Why dont you do the same?

Flag Post

All lucky armors are untradable (the katana is equal to a godsword with no spec, so it’s considered ornamental). The coins you do receive only maxes out at 10m. The chance of getting an actual decent item (even a d claw) is different from what the display depicts. I believe getting 10m is about 1/100m chance. The advantage that the SOF gives is negligible.

What about the exp that SOF gives? The exp earned from SOF is also relatively small. I once cashed in 2 90 day cards, giving me about 30~ spins. The exp the lamps give =/= exp I actually get from investing in a skill like say dungeoneering. The small lamps maxes out at 8.6k, the med about 16k. The exp gained is relatively small because of all the other crap you get from the SOF in between. Most of the time it’s small lamps anyway.

Flag Post

I didn’t say getting hacked or scammed was a reason to scam or hack someone else. But most scammers do start things because they themselfs were scammed. If you really understood what i was saying about scammers and bots immortal, you would realise that i support them in no way at all. IMO, SoF is just a bit of fun, and a nice way to gain xp. Buying spins just to get lamps is very impractical as your not guaranteed to get the xp that you want. I think the reason jagex has started to sell spins is because of the rs players, a few days after the realise of SoF the officail runescape fourms were flooded with threads asking for an option to buy spins. With the amount of threads requesting this, I think jagex felt obliged to add this option in. But one last thing, if you have really quit runescape, why are you still replying to our posts?
Most of the people i know that have quit runescape left runescape behinde them along with everything they love’d and hate’d about it. Why dont you do the same?

In case you haven’t noticed the RS forums are dead. THe only active posts now are about making money and I have never posted in it. I made posts asking about your favorite god or soundtrack but those died after a while. It’s as if me you and Alteir are the only posters while the others appear to me one time use accounts to spread clans. I didn’t quit kong and still had plenty of knowledge of the game so if you ask about my favorite god I still like Zamorak and I could still say that.

Flag Post

In case you haven’t noticed the RS forums are dead. THe only active posts now are about making money and I have never posted in it. I made posts asking about your favorite god or soundtrack but those died after a while. It’s as if me you and Alteir are the only posters while the others appear to me one time use accounts to spread clans. I didn’t quit kong and still had plenty of knowledge of the game so if you ask about my favorite god I still like Zamorak and I could still say that.

you posted those on the kongregate fourms. If you go to the official runescape website and look on the official runescape fourums you would actually realize how wrong your statement is. go to this website www.runescape.com and go to the forums on there. Incase you haven’t realized, kongregate isnt the only place to play, most other people play on runescape.com or use a downloaded client. You may have some knowledge of runescape left over, but I think that knowledge is very limited.

Flag Post

You may have some knowledge of runescape left over, but I think that knowledge is very limited.

What is that based on? Nothing of course and I was stating fact and if you play you would know.

Since I mentioned you and Alteir it’s obvious I was talking about Kong!

Flag Post

You may have some knowledge of runescape left over, but I think that knowledge is very limited.

What is that based on? Nothing of course and I was stating fact and if you play you would know.

may I just ask, how long have you been playing runescape? Also, in your reply when you said the runescape forums were dead, the reply was to what I posted where I was talking about the forums on the rs website. If you were talking about kong, then you didn’t really read my post clearly. What was my statement about your rs knowledge based on? It was not based on anything however when you said that you had some runescape knowledge left over i had a quick scroll over your posts. You’ve shown no runescape in those so really I have no idea how much you really know about runescape. However in my posts I havn’t shown the full extent of my runescape knowledge but it is quiet hard to show knowledge on a set of forum threads as most are money makeing threads or threads like this one where people have just sat there complaining and saying that they will quit runescape.

Flag Post

may I just ask, how long have you been playing runescape? Also, in your reply when you said the runescape forums were dead, the reply was to what I posted where I was talking about the forums on the rs website. If you were talking about kong, then you didn’t really read my post clearly. What was my statement about your rs knowledge based on? It was not based on anything however when you said that you had some runescape knowledge left over i had a quick scroll over your posts. You’ve shown no runescape in those so really I have no idea how much you really know about runescape. However in my posts I havn’t shown the full extent of my runescape knowledge but it is quiet hard to show knowledge on a set of forum threads as most are money makeing threads or threads like this one where people have just sat there complaining and saying that they will quit runescape.

I joined about 2 years before they removed the trade and Pking in the wilderness so I left for a while and returned about a month before the vote to bring it back and I do believe I set up a few RS posts about your favorite god but aside from that I am OT poster for the most part.

Flag Post

I joined about 2 years before they removed the trade and Pking in the wilderness so I left for a while and returned about a month before the vote to bring it back and I do believe I set up a few RS posts about your favorite god but aside from that I am OT poster for the most part.

Ah ok, so you’ve been playing longer than me, I joined about 2 weeks before the 2007 halloween event. And it seems we’ve gone completely off topic.