[Monsters' Den Chronicles] ok so my saved game just vanished.

18 posts

Flag Post

Not sure how that happened. I didn’t clear the browser, or delete everything…but now I’m at ground zero :( I’d finished and all my characters were over lvl 120 so I guess there was really nothing left to do (I’d gotten all the badges, etc.) But still…kind of a drag…

Flag Post

yeah me too my 2 chars w/ full legendary items and 2 spark of legend all lost…my chars were over lvl 98…it’s kind of made me not to try again playing this game :(

Flag Post

Lost my saved game as well, although, they weren’t as high a level as you two..

Flag Post

It happened to me uncountable number of times. And yet I return to this game. I must be a masochist.

Flag Post

lost my saved game aswell, have been playing that game loads and have spent loads of time playing it!

Why did I bother wasting my time with this game am really disappointed and if i could swear loads I F****** would!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

i think it’s the developer’s idea to randomly erase saved data…if he does he’s a s*cker >.<

Flag Post

If there’s a bug in the save system, I can’t find it. I’ve never lost my own data.

The problem (and it does suck) is that Flash Player storage is quite volatile and it’s vulnerable to interference from all sorts of other places.. browsers, “cleaning” utilities etc.

I don’t know what I can do about it other than use an online save system. Kongregate doesn’t provide one, and it was too expensive for me to do myself for this game. Maybe next time.

Flag Post

ya, lost my savegame too – my router crashed. its so horrible to start at lvl1 again. i rly wished they would fix it.

Flag Post

I also lost my save today. Does that limit me to playing on Armor Games to keep my save file protected? Kongregate should really add this online storage feature to prevent things like this. It would also be nice to switch computers and play on your save file.

Flag Post

lost my save too. I might try armourgames next time i play

Flag Post

guys, your saved game might not be lost. Chrome had created a new folder for storing flash data:
C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects

And flash was looking in that folder for data when all my old flash data was stored in:
C:\Users\..\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

So the stuff wasnt deleted, it was just lost.

If you copy everything in the old #shared folder into the #shared in \WriteableRoot, flash will be able to read your old save data. But it only worked for some of my saves, not all.

Flag Post

^ This is precisely what happened to my save files. Recommend any Chrome user check these folders first.

Flag Post

Er . . . I have none of these folders on my PC but I do use Chrome. Any ideas for where my saved games went?

Flag Post

Can you see all of your folders? The computer may not let you see ALL of your folders unless you screw with unclear and oftentimes unexplained options. Beh, makes me want to just build it from the ground up.

Flag Post

I mean that I don’t even have the subfolders mentioned. I ended up just doing a search and then thought I found the Monster’s Den file but when I placed it into the I guess new folder that Chrome is accessing nothing happened.

I might as well start from the ground up. Man this is exactly what put me off GemCraft.

Flag Post

thnx GArin for making this topic clear..it’s much appreciated :)) i tried the offline instead and so far no saved data loss and im at lvl 293 atm :D God bless and i hope u continue updating this game,, it never gets old im really hooked up to it so i got really disappointed when my saved data here in kongregate was lost..keep up the good work bro :D

Flag Post

Yay… I as well lost all of my saved data and now how to start from scratch for the second time. Third time’s a charm right? Lets hope so, because I’m done with this game if it happens again…

Flag Post

Previous post implies GArin explained save game loss. Where is it? Can someone repost? THANK YOU!