[Legacy of Heroes] Issue 6

17 posts

Flag Post

Anyone got advice on how to beat certain bosses here? I’m having a bit of trouble when my opponent plays 5+ cards a turn.

Flag Post

which bosses r u stuck on

Flag Post

obviously billy stopless

Flag Post

Yep, I was trying to avoid spoilers. Dunno if it’s a big spoiler though.

Flag Post

sorry billy was pretty easy for my deck… i cant help much

Flag Post

He was pretty easy so you have no advice? Isn’t that the opposite?

I just had him down to 5 health and he did 20 unstoppable damage in one “turn” playing 6 cards.

Flag Post

i beat him easily the first try.. so i dont really know where people have problems with him.. sorry :(

Flag Post

what kind of deck are you running grim? I’m up to his node as an aco, so not sure if I’d have trouble.

Flag Post

Here are a few pieces of advice.

1. His signature card (that is, the card which is himself) is dangerous both when he plays it, and when you deplete it. The best tool against him is Banish effects. A Thousand Deaths and Immolate are both good for this. When they banish his “Billy Stopless”, it won’t trigger his double-turn bonus.

2. If you’re an Acolyte, you might want to “snipe” his Billy cards. Build a deck with lots of healing, defensive, low-damage Psych cards that can trigger your badge effect that banishes an ally from his deck. In this case (and, really, in any case), it helps to have as many copies of Neighborhood Watch in your deck as you can, to prevent him from playing his Billy cards. Unfortunately, this strategy leaves you vulnerable to Knees and Elbows, his other legendary card.

3. Save nukes for the end. If you do 25 damage to Billy, but leave him with 5 cards left, he’ll be able to play several cards in his turn due to the depletion effect of his signature cards. However, if you do 25 damage when he only has 23 cards left, he won’t have a chance to do that. If you have the +4 damage gloves from league brawls, you can combine it with Dragon Punch to do a minimum 11 damage attack (more if you’re Strongharm or Sculptor), or minimum 12 damage attack (more if you’re Acolyte or Non-Stop). Boosting those cards ahead of time with things like Well Read (each of which gives a +3 damage boost to Always Be Prepared) increases the damage, allowing you to use it earlier in the fight – but make sure that you don’t use it until you know it’s gonna be the finishing blow.

Also, information worth knowing: He has 5 copies of Billy Stopless in his deck, and 5 copies of Knees and Elbows. The same goes for the other opponents you’ll be fighting afterwards, who have 5 copies of their signature card and 5 of another legendary.

Flag Post

I beat him on my 15(?)th try. Got lucky with Neighborhood watching him twice and a super powered knees and elbows of my own.

Flag Post

4th try thanks to insane luck.

2nd turn auto crit a thousand dreams boosted with padded gloves as I had played minds eye turn before

3rd turn well read

4th turn minds eye

5th turn Seen it all before with 22 cards in depletion pile boosted with tactical chest to do 22 dmg to his 18 cards remaining.

Flag Post

Beat him in about 7th try – got lucky with Neighborhood Watch and On The Bubble.

Basically consider 1st and 3rd Socran’s advice (I strongly disagree with stalling tactic).
Banish and Neighborhood Watch are keys.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moonfrost:

(I strongly disagree with stalling tactic).

This was actually the strategy that allowed me to beat him, though, combined with #3. As an Acolyte, your auto-heals can mitigate his chip damage, and having four shield up in a turn where he plays a double attack will reduce both attacks by four (while damaging him, if it’s The Bigger They Are). You just have to get lucky with Neighborhood Watch. And, y’know, be an Acolyte. That’s kind of a prohibitive factor there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Socran:
Originally posted by Moonfrost:

(I strongly disagree with stalling tactic).

This was actually the strategy that allowed me to beat him, though, combined with #3. As an Acolyte, your auto-heals can mitigate his chip damage, and having four shield up in a turn where he plays a double attack will reduce both attacks by four (while damaging him, if it’s The Bigger They Are). You just have to get lucky with Neighborhood Watch. And, y’know, be an Acolyte. That’s kind of a prohibitive factor there.

I’m an acolyte too, but I didn’t use The Bigger They Are and had lack of CBTS, maybe that’s the key for your tactic.

Flag Post

I managed to beat billy on my 3rd try using huge nukes cards from always be prepared with word on the street. In between turns, I put down the bigger they are.

Flag Post

Daddy-O seems a lot more difficult than his bots. Anyone have advice for him?

Flag Post

to have any chance of beating him make sure u hav a few ploy cards, primarily at least 3 neighbourhood watch, not so fast is also useful unless you hav painful memories in your deck