Browser Game Pick: The Grid

6 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by oldbard:

The Grid is the sort of game I haven’t played in over 10 years. It is a text-only strategy multiplayer game you play by actually typing in commands and fantasizing you are logged in a BBS. It does feel quite a bit like a boardgame and generally has you capturing squares, building farms, hiring wizards, stealing from your neighbors, inciting revolutions, forming alliances and even attempting to bless everyone, while fighting to gather all the resources a powerful master of the grid would need.

Fun eh? Well, it is, but it sure isn’t the simplest game to master and, were it not for some incredibly patient and kind players, I’d still be struggling with it. Not that I’m not struggling now, but, at the very least, I do have a vague idea of what I should be doing and am even forming some sort of strategy I believe. Great times ahead!

http://codeelf.com/games/grid/

Are you or are you not the developer who owns The Grid? In this comment, you talk like a player who needed help from other players due to your unfamiliarity with the game, but every one of your forum posts has been an advertisement for The Grid on other websites. Your Developer status on Kongregate is also only due to the fact that The Grid is on your profile as a game you uploaded.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oldbard:

The Grid is the sort of game I haven’t played in over 10 years. It is a text-only strategy multiplayer game you play by actually typing in commands and fantasizing you are logged in a BBS. It does feel quite a bit like a boardgame and generally has you capturing squares, building farms, hiring wizards, stealing from your neighbors, inciting revolutions, forming alliances and even attempting to bless everyone, while fighting to gather all the resources a powerful master of the grid would need.

Fun eh? Well, it is, but it sure isn’t the simplest game to master and, were it not for some incredibly patient and kind players, I’d still be struggling with it. Not that I’m not struggling now, but, at the very least, I do have a vague idea of what I should be doing and am even forming some sort of strategy I believe. Great times ahead!

http://codeelf.com/games/grid/

How is it you are the developer of this game yet you state you only have a vague idea of what you are supposed to be doing to play it? If you wanna advertise, just advertise. Say “hey! I made this game. I think it’s great. Please try it out!” Or whatever. But posing as a player is unethical. Might as well just pay complete strangers to write glowing reviews of your game.

Flag Post

At least create a new account…
Where’s your motivation bro…

Flag Post

Lmfao so shameless

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator