[Monsters' Den Chronicles] power siphon

8 posts

Flag Post

Does anyone else think this is the most useless skill? Does anyone actually use it? I feel like if you have 50 mana you wouldn’t really need much more anyway.

Flag Post

To me, Flash Heal is tied with the Rogue’s Sap Strength as the worse. I never use either.

Power Siphon I’ll use pretty frequently:

Golem/Lightning Storm —> Power Siphon —> Repeat

Flag Post

Flash heal is decent if you like to safe on people, or just don’t have enough mana for a full heal.
Sap strength is pretty useless though haha

When I cast golems though half the time I get free skill so eh. Maybe for lightning storm though, might try it.
Hmm makes me think of like 2 rangers/2 mages cast 2xhail of arrows and 2x lightning storm would kill everyone I would think..

Flag Post

I actually use sap strength :O.

Flag Post

sap strength is useful on melee bosses, flash heal is cheap, fast healing spell, and power siphon is godd on 3 or more enemys,

Flag Post

I’ve had limited success with using power siphon to lock down multiple mages, or at least slow them to a crawl. Lots of people can’t fight if they have no Mana.

I always felt that Flash Heal was stronger than regular heal because it only used half an action and it’s easy to get +(large number) to heal skills?

Flag Post

My ultimate combination for Mage – Spirit Leech 10 power steal] + Skysorite’s Codex [25 power per crit] + Black Hearts Mask [+10 power per crit]

It took me a long time and LOTS of money [we’re talking MILLIONS] but the key is 44% crit rate due to Shard of Dilerea on every item in all sockets. Spam Electrical storm to increase probability of at least one crit but even without it Spirit Leech x 6 is already enough to self sustain since Electrical Storm is only 55 power. Factoring in a single crit is +35 [Skysorite + Blackhearts mask] + 10 from Leech = +45 power

I now spam Electrical storm and still maintain FULL power even if there’s just 2 targets! Power regeneration is barely even relevant after all that but at lower levels a rune etched ring [minus % cost of skills and added power regeneration] can help if you don’t have the Shards of Dilerea yet.

Flag Post

Sorry for the necropost but power siphon combined with animate shadow and time warp make the most broken combo in the game. Here’s how you set it up, get 60 speed and 95% starting action on the mage(shards/tonics), get 61+ speed on all other characters.

Animate shadow with the mage, then have the mage and his shadow take turns casting time warp and using power siphon because you have no power regen otherwise. While your other characters kill them and they cannot make a move. Provided there are three or more enemies this combo is unstoppable until they run out of power for you to siphon, but they should be dead by then and if not they have no power anyway.