[Vorp!] Flight Guide: Angel Fire, with your pilot, Countess Cindria

16 posts

Flag Post

Cindria finds no greater pleasure than burning things, whether that be a lover’s heart or an unfortunate B! hunter intruding in her territory. Her pyromania is probably just a cry for help, as she seems to have quite a self-destructive streak due to the pressures of also being a supermodel.

Besides having the title of “Countess” and the know-how to go about inventing fire that burns in space, Cindria is also a supermodel. Impressive for a pyromaniac, don’t you think?

Cindria specializes in applying consistent pressure on her enemy, doing damage through almost the entirety of any encounter. Her ship, the Angel Fire, has some of the best energy regeneration of any ship. Commanders who like to live on the edge can use this advantage by skirmishing heavily and aggressively, even against higher level enemy ships.

Primary Loadout

• Vorpal Burners is the Angel Fire’s primary in the best sense. Cindria shoots fire from built-in flamethrowers, burninating the bad guys, catching them on fire and dealing damage over time. Cindria would like to remind you that her fire burns hotter the closer you are to her (the fire blast deals less damage the further away the target is, but the lingering damage over time is applied fully).

Secondary Loadouts

• Ventilate blasts a nova of super-heated gas that slows all enemy ships in the area and deflects some incoming projectiles. Tag enemy ships with the slow effect to keep them in Cindria’s Vorpal Burner range, or use it to get separation at the last minute and let the lingering burning effects of Cindria’s other loadouts finish off the enemy pursuit.

• Trail Blazers leaves a wall of fire whenever Cindria hits her afterburners. This makes the Angel Fire very effective at “running away”, only to turn around and finish off any overly eager enemy pilots or paparazzi.

• Firey Death teaches a burning lesson to anyone who wants to battle the Angel Fire. While the loadout is active [Ed. Note: in the latest build, this ability is passive], the Angel Fire combusts in a very large explosion when it is destroyed. This deals a huge amount of damage in the immediate area, probably finishing off any enemies who were looking forward to celebrating their apparent victory.

Commanding Cindria in the Angel Fire

1. Almost all of Cindria’s loadouts leave damage over time on enemy targets. If you have trouble closing the range to maximize your Vorpal Burners damage, remember to get as many burning effects on enemies as possible.
  2. Vorpal Burners can set walls on fire as well, causing some extra damage to anything unfriendly in the immediate area.
  3. Trail Blazers are intimidating to enemies, and they will usually go out of their way to avoid hitting them. Try to herd enemies using them into a teammate’s line of fire.

Flying against Cindria in the Angel Fire

1. If Cindria has Firey Death, make sure to get your last hit from a safe distance, or it will be her last hit too.
  2. Angel Fire Commanders often play aggressively due to the nature of her loadouts, so use this knowledge to plan baiting traps with allies.
  3. Angel Fire has high energy regeneration but lower maximum energy than most ships. Focusing coordinated burst damage on her will be more effective than sustained battles.

Flag Post

Bump.. deserves it :)

Flag Post

Thanks for the guide! This is one of the more offensive ships, shreds anything to pieces in seconds.

Iron Wolf, Angel Fire, jabberjockey – Offensive
Venture – Supporting role
the 5th free ship (name forgotten) – Tactical ship

I love this game! Thanks!

Flag Post

personally, i find that it is usually easy to kill angel with jabber (and iron), since i easily catch up to it and just melee and ram it until it explodes. likewise i find it hard to beat jabber with angel.

Flag Post

Can someone explain the stacks on Ventilate to me?

Flag Post

it’s the same as for Shinobi, except instead of getting more damage with each charge, it increases range with each charge. the same way a bunch of other ships get one missile per charge, but then you can only shoot all the charges at once.

Flag Post

Oh okay thanks. I understood the mechanics behind the charges I just didn’t know what they stood for. Am I missing a damage stat for ventilate? I can’t seem to see it.

Flag Post

Nevermind they just took the damage out of Ventilate along with a bunch of other nerfs :(

Flag Post

Just played a game as Angel. Very underwhelming feeling now. Could hardly get kills and when I did it was when I caught someone alone and already low energy and by the time I was done vorpal burning them to death I would always be super low energy just from attacking. Now I feel Angel’s best skill is escaping… I always feel like I’m doing well when someone is chasing me…

Flag Post

Please PLEASE fix vorpal burners. they are complete and utter crap as they are now. Angel is incredibly Underpowered now.

Flag Post

WHY DOESN’T ANGEL FIRE DO THE EXPLOSION DAMAGE WHEN THE PASSIVE SKILL IS FULL?

Flag Post

It does,raa275.You just wouldn’t notice a very huge explosion,but stare at enemies health/towers,you’ll see it decrease dramatically.Oh by the way,stick close to stuff for more damage

Flag Post

Why don’t you get experience when an enemy dies from “Fiery Death” ?

Flag Post

You probably do but just aren’t noticing it since the hud is frozen after you die. Yesterday playing the squid thing, I killed someone with poison after they killed me and I leveled up.

Flag Post

This ship moves, unlike most others,… i mean take the dreadnaught as exemple… that thing is so damn slow that even a light drone could kill you if you don’t aim right…
I don’t think this ship is less powerfull than others, it might be different though… it’s the only one i like so far. It’s not meant to charge forward without second though, even if it may seems that way. It’s still thoughter and more usefull than turbo hawk (wich reminds me more of a tricky race ship than an actual battleship) yet able to dodge in any kind of fight (including melee from jab unlike someone said earlier)

Flag Post

If the developers see this, I want them to know that i agree with this for the most part, but Angel Fire needs some small boost. A small speed boost would be the best I think. It highlights all of her abilities without making her instantly overpowered. However, I would like to mention that there are times where I do most of the damage to a ship with angel fire, then I only get a assist because they died from the damage over time or a ally comes in and steals the kill.