[Skyshard Heroes] Guide to conquest and units!

7 posts

Flag Post

First off, people always ask “can I control my units?” NO, YOU CAN’T. “But, how does it work?” They hit the nearest target to their furthest range. In other words, close-ranged units hit the closest thing to themselves, and long-ranged units hit what ever is closer to them or their attack radius. Here is an image to explain better:

Hope it helps.
As for conquest, here are some basic things you need to know:

-You must be part of a guild to access it.

-You must be lvl 10+ starting next update.

-If your guild owns no lands, you must attack the border lands to enter. Attack by clicking a tile, selecting from which town you want to use troops (until army-related buildings are removed in conquest in the next, next update), clicking the “attack” button (two swords), selecting units and placing them. Your hero and units will then appear where you placed them (selecting no units brings your hero alone).

-To win a tile, you must destroy citadel; once that is done, the tile is yours. Simply click “start repairs” to fix the damage you’ve done. Upgrade it, take care of it, and defend it. To defend, simply access the tile that is under attack (a notice will appear in chat saying “X is attacking (Y,Z)”) and click the shield if the tile belongs to you. Your hero will spawn at the citadel and you can use your skills to attack units/buff towers, or simply click units to use regular attacks on them.

-Once a land is taken, it has 30 minutes of protection (meaning no one can attack it). Protection can be removed by using a tile’s troops to attack anywhere (until army-related buildings are removed in conquest in the next, next update).

-Your guild’s tiles have a red dot on them. Your own tiles have a star. All tiles owned by your guild are the same color.

-Hover over a tile to see its description (owner, guild, boosts). Tiles that have fortifications or other buildings on them give boosts.

-Fortification boosts do not stack. Only different types of buildings’ boosts stack.
That’s about it. :) Hope this helps~ Feel free to add more info if necessary~

Flag Post

Gald to see a Monk member helping the community, Good job. :D

Flag Post

Why not just attack from where the buildings are not? Wouldn’t that be easier? Looking for flaws in your opponents base design is key, Finding the weakness in each base is key, for instance someone’s set up is anti ranger and anti close, so you send in mages.

Flag Post

Yup like either having your base compacted or spacious.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wargod10:

Why not just attack from where the buildings are not? Wouldn’t that be easier? Looking for flaws in your opponents base design is key, Finding the weakness in each base is key, for instance someone’s set up is anti ranger and anti close, so you send in mages.

My drawing was an example. I didn’t feel like putting 50 boxes and doing the whole thing ._." Use your imagination a bit.

Flag Post

So what are the rewards for conquest?

Flag Post

Well, last season it was a relic for highest CR, an Orb for 1st and 2nd place, and a lens for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.