Burst is excited to announce the release of the next great update to WarMage Battlegrounds! Highlights include a new Rent-a-Unit system, Defense game mode, access to the Sullen Marsh, and more.
Release Notes for Beta Version 1.9.2
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause players to be unable to use their ability buttons.
Release Notes for Beta Version 1.9.1
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Cut-Throat battles to end early when a player returned from a disconnect.
- Improved memory usage to improve overall player experience.
Release Notes for Beta Version 1.9
New Features and Content
- New Rent-a-Unit System: Ever wonder what a Battle Unit is like? Curious what a Spell does? Rent it for 24 hours and see! With the new Rent-a-Unit system, you can rent Battle Units and Spells for 24 hours and test them on the battlegrounds.
- New Game Modes: Defend and 4-Player Free-for-All are now available! Defend: Can you protect the cities of Kator from Evil Forces and The Corrupted or will they be destroyed? 4-Player Free-for-All: Green Wood and Battered Coast cut-throat, 4-player, free-for-all battlegrounds are open.
- New Enemies: A new undead race has joined the Evil Forces.
- New Region Unlocked: The Sullen Marsh is now available for WarMagi courageous enough to venture there.
- New Bounties & Achievements: Over 20 new daily bounties and 10 new achievements have been added.
- New Items On Sale: The On Sale section of the Store has been refreshed!
- Seth Belinjay has equipped better artifacts for the Battle on the Battered Coast: Difficult Solo.
- Trinian the Selfless has equipped better artifacts for Protector of the Forest of Anthrok: Difficult.
- Elyon Parwell has been equipped with better artifacts on the Battle at Keltin’s Pools: Difficult Co-op.
- Elyon Parwell has been equipped with better artifacts on the Battle at Keltin’s Pools: Extreme Co-op.
- Solo and Co-Op Explore options are now available in the Sullen Marsh region.
- Solo and Co-Op Survival options are now available in the Sullen Marsh region.
- Placement hexes for enemy units are no longer shown in Explore and Survival modes.
- A new battleground is available for 2-player and 4-player battles called Sullen Marsh.
Battle Unit Updates
- Dragonkin Morningstar Master’s Swing range has been lowered from 2 to 1 (allowing you to hit 2 hexes away, not 3).
- Giant Juggernaught’s Charge ability has been renamed to Shield Bash. The ability remains the same.
- Minotaur Charger’s Charge ability has been changed from damage to a temporary increase in movement.
- Faery Lifelight’s Faery Restoration is now single target. Health is raised to 150.
- Blazing Barrier mana cost lowered from 540 to 480.
- Blizzard mana cost lowered from 630 to 570.
- Bolt from the Heavens mana cost lowered from 360 to 300.
- Caustic Vapors mana cost lowered from 360 to 300.
- Crawling Flame mana cost lowered from 600 to 510.
- Earthquake mana cost increased from 390 to 420.
- Icy Grip mana cost lowered from 360 to 300.
- Meteor Storm mana cost lowered from 480 to 420.
- Meteor Strike mana cost lowered from 360 to 300.
- Poison Cloud mana cost lowered from 540 to 480.
- Poison Ivy mana cost lowered from 360 to 300.
- Pyre mana cost lowered from 360 to 300.
- Sacrifice mana cost increased from 270 to 300.
- Thorny Vines mana cost increased from 540 to 570.
- Tornado mana cost increased from 390 to 420.
- Tremor mana cost increased from 270 to 300.
- Tsunami mana cost increased from 490 to 510.
- The Remaining Duration for hex effects is now displayed in Turns Remaining instead of Rounds.
- New bounties have been added for Defend mode.
- Gold for Explore & Survival Mode bounties have been adjusted.
- Giant Haste Banner now gives a chance of increasing Giant squad’s movement points each turn.
- Added new UI sounds to Move, Ability, and Defend buttons.
- The ‘Group Up’ command is now accessible while clicking a WarMage’s name in the various sections of the Social Window.
- The Spectate command now displays when clicking on the name of someone that is currently spectating a battle.
- Challenges are now displaying in the Active Battles section of the Social Window.
- You can now initiate/cancel the Move mode for your current squad by clicking directly on it.
- Fixed a bug in Co-Op Explore and Survival modes that caused a battle to be considered a loss if both WarMagi were not a part of the battle upon completion. Now, if a partner disconnects, you will still get credit for your win.
- Fixed a bug that could cause pause time remaining to display incorrectly for spectators.
- Hex highlighting correctly goes in front of certain hex objects (such as the Faery Rings in the Green Woods region).