[Zombie Misfits] is closing down Aug. 15

12 posts

Flag Post

Unfortunately games don’t last forever, and Zombie Misfits has come to a point that it needs to be shut down. The game will be removed from Kongregate and Facebook on August 15th.

Any kreds purchases made in the 30 days prior to that date (i.e. on or after July 15th) will be refunded. If you have questions, please contact kreds@kongregate.com.

Thanks everyone for playing, we hope you had a great time with the game.

Flag Post

Why?It was my favourite game(

Flag Post

wow……what a complete joke. If this is what you do to your customers, than they most likely will never purchase from you in the future and/or donate to the tip jar. I’m not saying Nexon is on its way down, cause its a monster company, but its a good way to lose business.
I’m sad to see it go, but…… I’ll get over it :)

Flag Post

Its probably no longer feasible for the devs to maintain the game. I believe the devs are hosting the game themselves. In addition I think the game was built where levels and other elements are broken up into several pieces (multiple swfs) that are dynamically loaded as you play the game. I imagine this was done mainly to make it difficult for unscrupulous types to hack and/or host the game on other sites. But this also consumes a lot of bandwidth with gamers hitting the servers on a daily basis. And throw in the fact that not a lot of gamers bought into the whole “in-game” economy approach…it may be that when they crunched the numbers any revenue they were taking in no longer covered the cost of maintenance. My hope is that the devs produce a standalone version and try selling the game through Steam or some such.

Flag Post

is this for real or is this just a joke??

Flag Post

DON’T TAKE AWAY THE ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

I’m sorry to say it’s not a joke. D: The developers contacted us and said they were shutting the game down. It’s not playable anywhere as of today.

Flag Post

Why didn’t you (or them) post this information to the game’s forum?

Flag Post

where can you play it again or is it gone every where???

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator