[Monstermind] Upcoming Changes

11 posts

Flag Post

With the change back to paying for repairs we’re gonna see a reduction of commerce buildings in towns we would like to attack.
Couple the cost of repairs to people rushing in and stealing your money and xp after you destroy a town makes attacking somewhat pointless and could render the game unplayable for you. If you are unable to recoup your losses on an attack and have your town destroyed it may make it impossible to pay for repairs if you don’t have a lot of money banked.

The solution: Build only a Town Hall then sit and wait in someones city for the wonderful facebookers to do the work then rush in and steal the cash. This will be the most cost effective way to play once the repair fees come back.

For some additional fun place just your town hall and surround the entire thing with tanks….people like that :)

Feel free to flame or if you’re feeling generous, share your strategy for the upcoming change

Flag Post

Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame Flame

Yea if we dont find a good work around the game will amount to nothing and we will all find new games to play. Shellshock 2 coming out in september <3

Flag Post

Yeah…this strikes me as catastrophic…possibly the end of my involvement in the game…

The free repairs seem to encourage people to build towns that are vulnerable enough to be attractive but defended enough to get a good chunk of experience and resources out of a determined attacker. Since you gain by killing attackers, but don’t lose much by being attacked, you actually WANT people attacking you. This struck me as a pretty brilliant way to balance a game that relies on other users for content—emphasizing challenges that are within the realm of possibility. And even with that incentive most towns are built completely encircled with 3 layers of wall and ray guns, making attack (AKA playing the game) an unattractive prospect.

With a repair fee, incentives change completely. Hyper-defensive cities will be the only way to play, making attacking (AKA having fun) even more hopeless. As a side note, in such a system, it would be impossible to make towns that actually look like towns instead of fortresses (part of the appeal of the game is its 50s town aesthetic).

Flag Post

Agree (nearly) entirely with Lacunae here.

The free repair is an incentive to build a high commerce non-fortress town. I simply don’t attack fortresses as they’re generally a net loss. If only fortresses are left, and if I’m encouraged to build a fortress (to avoid repair bills that are too high) then there’s no point to playing. All we have left are a bunch of slightly carnivorous tortoises waiting to “pounce” on newbies with undefended towns. This really won’t help uptake of the game, and old players will become disinterested too.

Question – how much would repair cost? Can it be balanced so that it encourages some defense but also commerce?

Flag Post

Well, if a fee to repair all if done, then I would do the opposite of a fortress, an all Commerce town. Then I would sit and wait for hopefully no one to attack me. Generate more than enough money to repair the town twice I’ll say and sit and (maybe) cry in the shadows after I get smashed. Then strike at those Jackels that eat newbies once I get the power up. My stratagy is essencially, do nothing stratagy. =^_^=

Flag Post

5 ppl online at game chat.
Seems developers always finish their projects with suicide by making some stupid steps at the end.
It would be fun to ruin some noobs that cant recover, but no more players ingame, even old :(

As the time shows the only way to revive game – changes, but not ruining balance or gamestats. Game need some new ideas for gameplay to be alive. Thats flash, and its flexible. New monsters wont help much, i think Bossa must think about integrating some new flash game with this, like adding some kind of manual destroying mode with monster control (new game mode), or strategical gameplay, maybe add some “top level” with countries and each city will be inside of it. There would be interesting to use SimCity societal values like “productivity, prosperity, creativity, spirituality, authority, knowledge, etc” that will change in-city life or reactions for attacks;
Make viruses with some interesting gameplay effects; natural disasters.
Game 2 condition behavior must be extended (city “under attack/not under attack”), with something new actions, because its boring

Flag Post

This was a really good game, despite the glitches, lags, bugs, screen freezes, browser crashes, the non-possibility of collecting all resources at the town hall, etc., until the developers decided to change the rules and forced the players to pay for the city repairs, without warning Kongregate players by the way. Just like that they’ve made it completely impossible for new and old players to level up, to play and enjoy the game. I had given this game five stars, I’ve changed my mind after this latest “update” and am leaving this game for good. Rating the game 1 out of 5 before I leave.

Flag Post

I will build the strongest fortress of all. And then leave. I was playing nearly every day for a half hour to a few hours.
Sorry Bossa, but now this will change. Some people already had unpenetrable fortresses, which are stupid cause no one wants to attack. But now everyone will have them. Only making money by the little amount of business buildings _

Flag Post
Originally posted by xklamation:

This was a really good game, despite the glitches, lags, bugs, screen freezes, browser crashes, the non-possibility of collecting all resources at the town hall, etc., until the developers decided to change the rules and forced the players to pay for the city repairs, without warning Kongregate players by the way. Just like that they’ve made it completely impossible for new and old players to level up, to play and enjoy the game. I had given this game five stars, I’ve changed my mind after this latest “update” and am leaving this game for good. Rating the game 1 out of 5 before I leave.

on the beginning of august you got a message that you will pay for repairing ccosts money later again so your not right(partially)

Flag Post

No Red, I did not receive any message, if I’m not mistaken it was you who posted the upcoming change in the chat a few days ago, because you got it in an email. Bossa Studios never warned us (Kongregate players), nor privately, nor at the forum. I had to check their Monstermind facebook page to learn about their decision. It’s their loss really, they’re loosing players on facebook as well.

Flag Post

you recieved the mail in-game,everybody does