[Senatry] Suggestion Thread

49 posts

Flag Post

Please post all suggestions here so we can better keep track of them. Thanks! Will TRY to let you know whats sent and get some feedback..
GMKailis

Flag Post

NEED FEEDBACK, from ALL….

Suggestion:

Allow league Hosts and Vice-hosts to (force) put their member/s into a 24hr truce status. Since they have little power to begin with, it would cover poor game-play, vacations, etc… And it would help seperate out those players that like to help out the opposition….

Thanks,

Flag Post

I fully agree with you for now the power of the league host is very small and it will improve gameplaywhen the host gets more power. I also think it doesn’t sort out the problem with players helping other families take areas because they can easily break the truce their Host has put them in. But something has too be done otherwise one family can steamroll over the others.

Flag Post

This could possibably work, problem i see though is its an 8 hr truce, what if my host truces me 20 mins before i log in i cant attack anyone for the next 8 hrs, maybe a auto-join leaders truce button would allow us to join in on the truce enacted by the host if we chose to, I for one dont use truces to often but when i do i sure wouldnt want to truce (from host) then log in and attack someone and lose my 8 hr truce for the day. Maybe this would be a suitable option.

Flag Post

Edit 1

Suggestion:

Allow league Hosts and Vice-hosts to (force) put their member/s into a 24hr truce status. Since they have little power to begin with, it would cover poor game-play, vacations, etc… And it would help seperate out those players that like to help out the opposition….

Still leave the player the ability to use their 8 hour truce if they need too as well…
Thanks,

Flag Post

I think the Host-forced truce would be a good thing. Maybe make it where the truce ends upon player log-in & still leave the player with their optional 8hr. truce to use. If the players are deliberately sabotaging the family, host can boot them from league. Is there a way that non-league players can give away less % in areas? Or have it based on player activity? It can get really frustrating that someone moves to a non-political area & decides never to log-in to play again. Maybe the devs can come up with a way to make a player un-attackable after like 30days inactivity.

Flag Post

Give Hosts of Battles the power of kicking afk players. Too often players sit waiting on a player that may have gotten disconnected or gone afk, and have to exit and restart the enlisting.

Flag Post

Bump!!

Flag Post

Anyone who is not a member of a league should be auto moved to the last page of their political center and not allowed to leave until they regain league membership.

Flag Post

Join trolls, and please let us upgrade leagues to lvl 130 =O…

Flag Post

I like robp64’s idea of auto moving dead accounts to political center.

Also, since the bugle cd can go up to 30 minutes now, 35 if you attack right at the end of the cd why not add bugle cd cards to the wheel? Nearly the same thing as building/tech speedups.

Flag Post

I like robp’s idea also, it solves the problem posted by timeisnotfair in a less invasive manner. I do not think any individual, host or not, should have the ability to truce someones account without their consent. Poor gameplay and vacations? It may have convinced me if the reason was to ‘prevent takover of an area due to an absent player’, not poor gameplay. If they are not playing in a way that supports you’re league…kick them out.

Boats

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/84-senatry/topics/288186-battles-minor-interface-failure

On lower legions. I think it can be done this way: if a legion host needs it for completion (this is known to the system, isnt it), then when he hits ‘find’, the link shows to everybody regardless of how high they are and what legions they have passed.

Also, it would be nice for layers to have a setting for how many legion steps below they will recieve notifications. For example, if you are at Pont, and set it to 0, you will recieve only Pontus invitations, if you set it to 2, then you recieve Carth, Numi, and Pont invitations, etc.

Flag Post

Rhieks, I love the idea of the choosing what legions you get notified for, and the same as with host needing completion it going to everyone. What would be cool is if the host sent, whoever joined(if so many levels above the legion) wouldn’t use a bugle for it, nor count against their cooldown. Perhaps it would even announce differently such as, “[PlayerName] is asking for your help with the completion of [AreaLegion]. You won’t be charged a bugle or penalized by cooldown.”

Flag Post

I have a few suggestions I think might help turn the game around. Some ideas will be repeats, but I feel they need mentioned again.

1. More options for league hosts. Improved by this idea, a new tech in which silver levied goes into a vault. Higher the tech(vault) the more it stores. Each week, the league host can choose one of two options. Use league vault to bribe(kick) a player from the league, or disperse among the league members(equal shares go to everyone minus any bribes). This way, it costs the league as a whole to kick someone out, so it would be more democratic. I know its an old issue but it comes up time and time again. This will solve it and add somewhere for all the extra levied silver to go!

2. Another new league tech, item vault. Every upgrade level stores one part or item. You can deposit as often as you want, but only withdraw something once a day. League host can “trash” items to make room for better equipment as they see fit. So for those engine guys that get red rings and never want to develop a tactical hero for their array, they can put them in the vault. Those tactical or super lucky rage/engine guys who get too many good weapons can deposit in the vault. This will give players what we’ve all be asking for, essentially a way to trade items that are hard to get but are useless to us, without a form of being able to abuse it. Leagues will be more active and more helpful to everyone in it because it will be a TEAM effort to acquire better gear for the whole league, not individuals. You must be of Senatus level to withdraw the item and the league host must approve the withdrawal.

3. With the addition of battles, legions all but died. Everyone is doing battles for chips and silver opposed to legions for exploits and gear now. I am on nearly 24/7 and constantly checking legions for those quiet launchers but NEVER any going. I like the battles too and need silver(enjoy the chips too) as much as the next guy but I also need exploits and gear from the legions and I can’t run them alone. My suggestion here is to limit the battles in some way, or increase the drop chances from NPCs since thats the only way you can farm gear solo. Forced attack cards are not an option, 20 straight yielded not a single part, and exploits are much lower than if running a legion, not to mention legions can drop fulls. Increase part drops from single NPCs or make them able to drop fulls with same chance as a legion.

4. Alliances are good at times, but mostly just a pain. It limits your prestige targets and forces you to defend areas that you shouldn’t otherwise have to. I have no personal problem with any players, and it’s not their fault, the system itself though is flawed and that is where I have the problem. Julii is far too thin on K4 so it’s basically a fight between Brutii and Scipii. The system is flawed in that whichever family is NOT allied with Julii has the upper hand. You have twice as many families you can attack for % in the areas, you have more prestige targets that keep getting juicier for you because they can ONLY attack you, and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Again, nothing against Julii but there has to be a set of rules for this alliance thing. Alliance should work as such in my opinion; If two families ally because one has less than 2 areas, the system gives the area weak family 2 changes of season to acquire an area. If that does not happen, the alliance is broken and either they must wait 2 more changes of season to rejoin an alliance, or they automatically get allied with the stronger family to help them get areas. ALWAYS being in alliance with only one family to attack is extremely annoying, and in the games current state, at least on server 4, it makes the family allied with Julii much weaker.

I have more but this got way too long. I hope you all enjoy the ideas and feel free to add your own twists and/or opinions. I did not proof read this, so forgive me for any spelling or grammatical errors.

Flag Post

Reading over the list, some good suggestions. Will be compiling a list soon. Will respond also
GMKailis

Flag Post

I have an amazing idea! What about the devs decide to sort their coding out so the game doesn’t lagg so much.

Flag Post

I will not say news. Many players alredy said it quite a few times. I did, too.

Senatry needs new players desperately. Kong gives you all means for that. You just have to reach out and grab it.

Kong has BADGES. I don’t know how much it costs to feature your game in a badge of the day or a challenge, but it totaly works. The last game I got stuck into was Chronicles of Herenvale. How did it happen? I completed current challenge and won some pixel thing in some online flash game. I got curious to see what I actually won and what the game was like. The game got TONS of newbs that day.

Wanna know how I got into Senatry instead? Pure coincidence. Was browsing “puzzle”(lol!!!) tag and clcked it. Dropped into the game after. Got lucky to have some newbs like me around to run lots of germanic and egypt legions with them. Played some lazy newb engine life, then K3 emerged. You know the rest.

The Senatry staff at Kong is doing good job to make people want to stay. But first, you have to lure people in. The way is simple: making badges and featuring them within Kong. Challenge rewards, badge of the day, etc. Kong has online of 48k players! You could easily get many of them.

Flag Post

How about letting us run legions with less people or with 1 person even? The battles are great and we love the chips but everyone spends, or wants to spend, their bugs on the battles and not legions. Some of us are still upgrading like mad men and need the exploits to do so. I can do an auto attack on an NPC but have to do 3 or 4 times as many (costing many bugles) to get close to the exploits gained from a legion. I just upgraded from lvl 107 to 108. The battles give me the silver to upgrade but it cost 140k exploits to lvl the techs. I dont have enough to lvl up again and it will be quite some time before I will have the exploits at this rate.

I know this had come up at various times in the past…it used to be because the game was dying and people weren’t playing, or the alliance made legions harder to fill. However, this game has evolved and the interest is back. Now lets move another step forward and adjust the game to accommodate the new additions that saved it AND the basic necessities that got it to where is it to start with.

Boats

Flag Post

Let’s make “Help a noob” event in K3 more bigger

reward them with “2 exploit card and chip” or just “2 exploit card” with no limitation.
in this way, high lv player can solve their exploits problem by helping low lv player. while low lv player can run legion.

and if someone helps low lv player running battle reward them with silver card.

in this way i think helping noob can be worth bugle to spend for high lv player.

Flag Post

A good idea Koku, but let me counter it. Let players not benefit much from helping noobs at K3. This way green and blue family could get more noobs if they put some minimal effort into it. Like helping them doing macedon and inviting to join.

Or maybe give an exploits card for helping in family-only legions starting with Germ.

Flag Post

Let me compile the idea that arised in chat recently.
It would be great to have team pvp matches based on the new battle system. Base defence, capture the flag, you know that sort of things. Would be hell of a fun. For some average rewards like silver or exploits. Would be even greater if the activities took place in winter and could accept attack freebies.

Flag Post

Please make auto join cd for legions lower (5min is way too much). I think 1 min should be sufficient. Also would be nice to see countdown after you create legion to see when auto join will occur.
Another think, make legion auto start when full (can be done as extra checkbox somewhere in legion UI)

Flag Post

Making a list… also I have mentioned there are some new battle systems already in the works… and trying to make some changes.. Short staffed on both ends so things take sometime. Hope to have a post for you soon
GMKailis

Flag Post

Make some kind of event ‘Most Active’
Pick up to 3 diff. time period (like an hour) of the day. People would have to submit a ss of some kind of advancement in the game, whether it’s on the war map, upgraded buildings, lvli’ing up, etc..

pick 3 PG’s to keep a tally

reward the daily posts with chip & bugle for each post but can only post 3 in 1 day. but has to show advancement.You could make it a competition & have the end result rewarding individual/league/family. like the tourney.

I think some people were just getting used to the tourney when it ended. I had several to ask me for the week’s event link so they could post after the tourney ended. So, maybe another tourney would help.

Anyway, just a thought. I have odd thoughts at times. lol

Silk : )