[Runescape] Avoid Investing your Time in this Game.

13 posts

Flag Post

I made the unfortunate mistake of playing this game for around 6-8 years on and off. I invested 100’s-1000’s of hours into it, mistakenly. I was a very loyal company of this game, and when I got hacked, and my bank was cleaned out after a week of my hacking, and jagex doesnt bother to contact me back until 4 weeks after the fact? That’s unacceptable. That is now how you treat loyal customers. Please just add salt to the wound with a respond 4 weeks later asking for more info, and promising to get back to me 2 weeks later at the earliest. If losing me means nothing, and I am just another number, than that is the problem with your company. Do yourselves a favor, invest your time in a company that will treat you right.

Flag Post

I made the unfortunate mistake of reading this post for about 30 seconds. Do yourselves a favor, invest your time in a topic worth reading.

Flag Post

I believe it is Jagex’s fault in this situation actually. Jagex is supposed to babysit my account and make sure it never gets hacked despite my flimsy password, outdated e-mail, pins, and recoveries. It is Jagex’s job to track my account and make sure that my bank never gets cleaned even though I haven’t scanned my PC for months. Yes I believe that Jagex should somehow rollback my account and maybe even compensate me for their shortcomings. In addition, I DEMAND that Jagex introduce an area teaching about the merits of account safety called the Stronghold of Security/ Stronghold of Player Safety while telling people to update their accounts on almost every Message of the Week and perhaps reward players for their account safety with bank spaces. Because obviously, # of people hacked = MORE REVENUE!

Flag Post

Really Ianpotere, it was your fault you got hacked not jagexs, If i was jagex i would have ignored your complaints. It’s not like a member of jagex gave away your username and password so this would happen to you. It’s been said many atime that jagex wouldnt give back any lost items weather you’ve dropped them or they’ve been stolen. Imo, quit bitching and get on with your life.

Flag Post

Post in the Account Help section of the RS Official Forums. They should get back to you within the hour. Your account might well be long gone by now but generally when this happens you should immediately post there and you should explore every recovery avenue available. Also, always register your account to an e-mail address that uses a different password.

Flag Post

Just because you had a bad experience doesn’t mean other people shouldn’t play.

Flag Post

sadly jagex has no proof that your account was hacked and that is the reason why companies can not compensate for lost items. Not saying you did but for all they know you could have gave all of your items to your friends and said you were hacked so jagex couldn’t really do anything.

Originally posted by ExtinctInstinct:

I believe it is Jagex’s fault in this situation actually. Jagex is supposed to babysit my account and make sure it never gets hacked despite my flimsy password, outdated e-mail, pins, and recoveries. It is Jagex’s job to track my account and make sure that my bank never gets cleaned even though I haven’t scanned my PC for months. Yes I believe that Jagex should somehow rollback my account and maybe even compensate me for their shortcomings. In addition, I DEMAND that Jagex introduce an area teaching about the merits of account safety called the Stronghold of Security/ Stronghold of Player Safety while telling people to update their accounts on almost every Message of the Week and perhaps reward players for their account safety with bank spaces. Because obviously, # of people hacked = MORE REVENUE!

You can’t blame Ianpotere for being hacked if you knew anything about how hacking works. No matter how difficult your password is a keylogger would get through it. In case you don’t know what that is it is a download that keeps track of every key you typed and sending it back to the hacker. Regardless of how hard your password is to crack if A keylogger was on your computer it would record it.

The safest thing that you could do for your account is to get an Authenticator, I have one for world of warcraft it has a code that changes it’s self every minute and in addition to your username and password. So you just push the button and the code appears giving you 1 minute to put it in. If jagex were to create thease the hacking would decrease.

Flag Post

Immortal, why can’t people scan their computer using an anti-virus? Even a half-decent anti-virus can pick up a keylogger and dispose of it. If someone gets hacked because of a keylogger its their own fault for not keeping their computer secure.

Flag Post

The whole point of keyloggers is to go unnoticed as a matter of fact parents download them on kids computers on certain occasions to track what the child is doing and they find a way to get the computer to ignore and cofirm that it isn’t illegal. Therefore it wouldn’t suprise me if somebody did create an advanced virus or tracker.

Flag Post

If your worried about what your child is doing, then you can add parental control. And purposely Downloading a key logger to a computer that you do not own is legal in it’s self. I’ve done a bit of research in the past as i was thinking about doing that with my brothers computer. If you do a full computer scan using up to date security software at least once a week you’ll be fine and pretty much virus free.

Flag Post

I oppose putting it on kids computers because that just shows your distrust and raid of privacy. The only time I would actually support it is if you were a boss who was just making sure people were doing their job instead of facebook because then you would know. My school’s computers are obviously loaded with them.

Flag Post

I don’t think it would show distrust towards child, I would say it expresses a parents concern for the childs safety. It also says that your aware of various scamming/hacking websites and wish to keep the child away from those areas. Really placing a keylogger on your childs computer shows your distrust and raid of privacy. If your going to check and block certain websites on a childs computer, they have the right to know about it. keyloggers should never be purposely to a childs computer, no matter what the circumstance.

Flag Post

They probably don’t have enough people behind the support. The game is insanely popular, so they must get a lot of reports like these to fix up.