[BigHeadBash] [Spicy Horse Post] Game Dev Update-8/15

12 posts

Flag Post

Hey Bashers,

Devs are working hard, lot’s of improvements here.

•Weapon Drop: Toys in game, when shot dead, will now drop its weapons on ground. Anyone else may walk onto the weapon and press “E” to swap their current weapon with the one on ground.

•Ammo management: Each weapon now has reserve ammo rather than an infinite ammo supply. To get more ammo during match, either pick up the green Ammo Box in the map, or walk onto a dropped weapon to get its ammo, as long as it’s the same weapon.

•Simplified Economy: In the new build, we’ve simplified the XP system from “Action Award → Score → XP” into “Action Award → XP”. This means that all Action Awards now give XP directly during match.

•Custom Key Configuration: On the home page click the Sprocket icon to enter Settings and check out Control Settings. Now you can assign your own keys to actions in BHB.

•Chat censoring toned down: Modified the list of banned words to be more flexible.

•“Quick Play”: One click that takes you directly into a combat.

•General gameplay Bug fixing

Hope you enjoy the changes. Keep the suggestions coming!

 
Flag Post

i like other updates…. except the ammo. Deleting Auto Reload was totally wrong decision.

 
Flag Post

Love seeing updates!
I’ve only played a game or 2 since the update but my initial impression is the Ammo management is a bad idea. It makes the game less fun and too complicated.

Custom Key Configuration!! Yes! been waiting for this one, although I tried to change reload to ‘e’ and it didn’t work. And changing the chat to ‘t’ causes bad things to happen…

 
Flag Post

oops, forgot one other thing. On the chat censoring, I understand it’s necessary. But instead of just censoring to ????, can it switch the naughty words to something else so that we get what someone is trying to say. So it cleans it up and makes it funny depending on what the words are switched to.

Just a thought…

 
Flag Post

Not enjoying the ammo management either, but all the other updates are nice.

What if we had an expensive acessory that won’t allow our weapons to be dropped to others in a way to keep it safe? 2 uses per game and only when activated.

 
Flag Post

ammo is kinda weird, dont like the weapon drop either, and quick play always takes me to an empty room or the tutorial

 
Flag Post

I dunno guys. I’m all for the weapon drop and limited ammo. I think it prevents cheap kills from guys spamming endless shots with the SMG or similar from across the map when a player isn’t even in sight. Plus, the idea of running out of ammo and hunting down more ammo is a nice touch and adds technicality to the game. Pickups and such I think we’re going to be seeing a lot more of in the future.

Also, the weapon drops give players a chance to try out other weapons when starting out, as opposed to the regular “SMG+Shotgun+Sgt. Smalls” combo everyone starts off with in-game. Especially gratifying if you die, then get the same player back next time they spawn after a kill with their own weapon. Ha! Give it a chance guys, I think it’s a step in the right direction.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Ppyromann:

Love seeing updates!
I’ve only played a game or 2 since the update but my initial impression is the Ammo management is a bad idea. It makes the game less fun and too complicated.

Custom Key Configuration!! Yes! been waiting for this one, although I tried to change reload to ‘e’ and it didn’t work. And changing the chat to ‘t’ causes bad things to happen…

We’re checking into this. thanks for the info.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by alexcrowley:

I dunno guys. I’m all for the weapon drop and limited ammo. I think it prevents cheap kills from guys spamming endless shots with the SMG or similar from across the map when a player isn’t even in sight. Plus, the idea of running out of ammo and hunting down more ammo is a nice touch and adds technicality to the game. Pickups and such I think we’re going to be seeing a lot more of in the future.

Also, the weapon drops give players a chance to try out other weapons when starting out, as opposed to the regular “SMG+Shotgun+Sgt. Smalls” combo everyone starts off with in-game. Especially gratifying if you die, then get the same player back next time they spawn after a kill with their own weapon. Ha! Give it a chance guys, I think it’s a step in the right direction.

Yes this is exactly what we are trying to do here, thanks for the feedback alex.

But for everyone else who are not liking the change, while we understand it’s a big change we hope you’ll continue to play and we’ll see how things go.
We’ll also continue to tweak the chat censoring

 
Flag Post

No probs, happy to throw in my two cents here and there. I’ve said it before, the game is great and it deserves the support of the players. Also;

Originally posted by Ppyromann:

oops, forgot one other thing. On the chat censoring, I understand it’s necessary. But instead of just censoring to ????, can it switch the naughty words to something else so that we get what someone is trying to say. So it cleans it up and makes it funny depending on what the words are switched to.

Just a thought…

Just a thought on this, but considering the art style and theme of the game is fairly cartoony, (let’s not forget the main target audience I’d imagine is kids for BHB) rather than profanity or suggestive wording in the chat, could the character base in the chat window for cusses be replaced by symbols a’la classic cartoons swearing, as opposed to the current “????”.

For example, say a four letter cuss word is used in chat (we all know at least one.) When the chat line is posted up, the four letters are replaced by “#!@*”. Kind of like how old school cartoon characters would hit their finger with a hammer and yell obscenities.

Icons such as skulls, little daggers, or anything that suggests aggression could be used as character sets, kind of like wingdings for throwing down f-bombs. They could even be animated. This would keep in tune with both the ability to voice player disdain, the original cuss would be censored for little eyes, and it’d keep with the theme of the game. Just an idea.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by alexcrowley:

I dunno guys. I’m all for the weapon drop and limited ammo. I think it prevents cheap kills from guys spamming endless shots with the SMG or similar from across the map when a player isn’t even in sight. Plus, the idea of running out of ammo and hunting down more ammo is a nice touch and adds technicality to the game. Pickups and such I think we’re going to be seeing a lot more of in the future.

Also, the weapon drops give players a chance to try out other weapons when starting out, as opposed to the regular “SMG+Shotgun+Sgt. Smalls” combo everyone starts off with in-game. Especially gratifying if you die, then get the same player back next time they spawn after a kill with their own weapon. Ha! Give it a chance guys, I think it’s a step in the right direction.

So we are going to see the first undying pros, because personally, i dont want to lose my wep

 
Flag Post

i like previously update of this game. This is also good one.