[Skyshard Heroes] [Dev] August 15th Patch

15 posts

Flag Post

-Conquest map size increased
-Conquest towns will automatically repair even if you are offline
-The Skystone cost of upgrading Hero powers has been decreased significantly. All players who have bought upgraded Hero powers will get Skystones back to compensate for this change.
-The players who most recently attacked your base will now show up at the top of your Rival list
-Battle Reports can now be opened manually from the Reports button. They are no longer deleted automatically when viewed.
-Building animations are now disabled while in combat. This should help reduce some client-side lag
-Fixed some issues related to chat. We will continue to look into any further issues.
-AI towns give half the honor of attacking other players. Gentle encouragement to attack other players! :)

Flag Post

Nice!

Flag Post

Hmm. Building animations was not something what cause significant lag – it is mostly projectiles.
After a brief 3 hours of playing over 25 thousand projectile animations has been blocked on my end. It seems that the game recreates these animations on every unit which get hit. Eg. when mortar bunker fires a projectile and it hits all of the targets – let’s say 25 – than those get played 50 times in the same time. Once when the bunker fires (25) and once it hits (25). The same seems to apply to buildings, mage towers, and web pillars.

About cutting the honor – personally I don’t like the idea, especially when my list has no available targets.

Edit
Just tested it. It gives some performance back – not much though – maybe 10%-ish which is something but still we need a more adjustable “animation options” what I’ve suggested. :)

For a really quick fix you could use 1 still image for every projectile there is, and in the meantime make adjustable options. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mosfet:

Hmm. Building animations was not something what cause significant lag – it is mostly projectiles.
After a brief 3 hours of playing over 25 thousand projectile animations …

For a really quick fix you could use 1 still image for every projectile there is, and in the meantime make adjustable options. :)

Usually you should refresh often, but ok. And yeah, the attack animations are what cause lag. Mage’s fire and flame bunker’s fire, when grouped, cause lag. As well as 30 rangers at once.

Flag Post

Btw you didn’t stop all animations on attack screen (or you just re-enabled them for testing purposes). List might be incomplete but these are the ones which didn’t get stopped when attacking a player:

-Level 7 and 8 Mines / farms / wellsprings (1-6 seems to be stopped)
-Barracks lvl 5 during training (never seen lower ones)
-Training grounds 7 and 8 during training (didn’t see lower leveled ones)
-Hall of Heroes 6-7-8 during training (Couldn’t check lower levels)

Flag Post

Could u make option button to disable battle motion n bullet in next update, Syn?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hush00000:

Could u make option button to disable battle motion n bullet in next update, Syn?

While they work on that try this :
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/177-skyshard-heroes/topics/288724-skyshard-lags-too-bad-you-have-a-slow-computer-you-came-to-the-right-place-then

Flag Post

in case of Ai town’s half the honor, who want attack ai town without honor? it looks better to set lower limit to 10 or some number.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hush00000:

in case of Ai town’s half the honor, who want attack ai town without honor? it looks better to set lower limit to 10 or some number.

To avoid having people get 800 honor in 1 day. >.>

Flag Post
Originally posted by AleXinoS:

ai town’s given honors have kept decreasing. n there’s also no reward honors when ai town be hitted so many time. what do u mean? i dont get ur point.

Flag Post

n i can talk about ‘Gentle encouragement’.
if there is non-‘fatigue’ that is effected by tile or guild, more player may attack easly. n
if there is non-buff that cause by tiles, player would not mind attacking.
i think this is encouragement, not have to do 4 honors.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hush0000:
Originally posted by AleXinoS:

ai town’s given honors have kept decreasing. n there’s also no reward honors when ai town be hitted so many time. what do u mean? i dont get ur point.

That’s my point. To limit the amount of honor someone can get in 1 day. It resets daily. And there is already non-fatigue in pvp battles, but there is tile buffs to also encourage conquest. Or else conquest would lose too much interest. I think the way it works is fine atm.

Flag Post

why wouldn’t you be fine with it? you have all guilds and bastion. lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by rotaxes:

why wouldn’t you be fine with it? you have all guilds and bastion. lol

What if you got them? Then how’d you feel about them being useless in your homebase? It’s the same thing.

Flag Post

That’s my point. To limit the amount of honor someone can get in 1 day. It resets daily. And there is already non-fatigue in pvp battles, but there is tile buffs to also encourage conquest. Or else conquest would lose too much interest. I think the way it works is fine atm.

i think u get wrong point to say. i meant set lower limit of taking half honor as compared with player. i didnt realize pvp have no fatigue. thx 4 that.
but i dont agree that players r interest in tiles totally. +100% n 50% buff r more n more over balanced by getting upgrade buildings. u fail to notice it cause most noob players to lose interest. even syn may know simultaneous log-ins r getting decreased