[Skyshard Heroes] Suggestions for new units and Buildings

29 posts

Flag Post

Greetings Heroes I just started Skyshard and I already Love the Game.
However there is only a few things that Bug me.

1. Is the Lack of Improving appearances when upgrading Units (not important)
2. The lack of variety in units.

Currently all i see is five types of units: swordsmen, Rangers, Rivets, Mages, and the Vogel.
Now they are all quite efficient in combat but the fact that there is only 5 seems a little short on types.

So i was thinking We create a different building devoted solely on the construction of Siege Engines With Immense Costs of Wood,iron, and Arcana

Building: Arcaneerium
Health:1500
Allows the Construction of Magical and Steam powered War machines
By Gathering a number of Arcana inventors and Skystone scholars in a single magic Forge.
Large scale ideas that only existed in the mind could be purged and created in a sea of blue fire.

These units would be good against Buildings but weak to infantry(not sure how that will work out Help?)

Siege engines and Weapons such as Cannons, Battering Rams, Mobile Archer towers, Balistas, Catapults And Such.
Personally My Fear is if they are Overpowered in Raids or Useless in Conquests

Opinions Please?

Flag Post

So you’re saying they should add heavy weaponry that we could combine to troops. That could be an interesting idea, and it could be like units in a certain way; they could use army size space, but you could only use one per attack. So you’re send in 20 rangers + 1 Cannon, for example. Maybe building them in conquest would be a bad idea though, maybe it should remain a homebase thing. I think it could add some interest to the game, and devs would need to add a progress bar for the upgrading of these weapons. Btw, there is a thread for suggestions and it is stickied. o.o

Edit: A little bit of fixes could be good down there.
|
|
V

Flag Post

The Basic Siege Weapons (starters)

1. Skyram
Health:200
Armor:6
Damage: 60 to buildings/5 to infantry
Speed: 15

Costs:350 wood, 200 iron, 200 Arcana
The First attempt to introduce the Skystone engine to a simple Wooden Battering ram.
Although Simple, The Skyram is a powerful shield against Arrows and guns.

2. Airbolt
Health:100
Armor 5
Damage 45/buildings 10/Infantry
Range:6
Speed:20

Costs: 400 wood, 50 iron, 300 Arcana
Although the Skyram was Effective Up close, Skyrella soldiers Needed as much distance between Them and Large Towers, so the Airbolt was created by Attaching a Small Skystone engine with a Crossbow Siege weapon.

3. Meteor Launcher.
Health:150
Armor 3 Damage 60/Buildings 15/Infantry
Range:8
Burst: 6
Speed:5

Costs:600 Wood, 200 Iron, 500 Arcana
Meteorologists Fantasized of watching the First Skystones Crashing Down to skyrella, so some Siege Engineers created a Small Ballista to launch Glass balls Filled with Arcana across Plains. Little did they know, they Created the First Magic Artillery.
Appearance

4.Steam Cannon
Health:500
Armor:7
Damage 70/Buildings 20/Infantry
Range:3
Speed 15

Costs:50 wood, 500 Iron, 600 Arcana
While the Airbolt and skyram were breakthrough in weapons, They were all Made of wood and could be easily destroyed by Flame Cannons and Mage towers. So Engineers Created a Iron Tractor Using a skystone engine to Move. At first This was not anything Special and mainly used on farms, Until Steam rifle smiths decided to create a super “Rifle” which made use of a HUGE barrel and oversized steam machinery. this could not be moved at all until they attached it to the tractor. A mechanical wonder, Steam cannons are Terrifying to anyones eyes.
Appearance

5. Arcana Vulcan
Damage 20 Buildings/70 to Infantry
Range:4
Speed 2
Costs:50 wood, 500 Iron, 500 Arcana
The Steam cannon was Terrifying to all but it soon found itself being just a Large Tractor up close as the Cannon Took too long to Reload after everyshot and became Overunned by Rangers and voguls.
So Engineers Developed a Similar System to the Steam Cannon but Instead Of a Arcana Cannon, Engineers developed a 5 Barreled Steam Rifle Attached to the Tractor to use against Oncoming Infantry Rushes, In conjunction with Steam cannons, These became the First Armored Walls.

Flag Post

In addition to siege weaponry, Perhaps a second, more advanced tier of infantry could be created with the introduction of a different building type. This Building must be created to unlock a second page of infantry units in the barracks and training grounds
The Armory: Health:1000 Boosts Damage by 25% in every fight.
This Building contains all the known weapons that Skyrellan tribes use. Swords, Steam rifles, Spiked fists, Rivet Parts, Mage Arcana containers, War banners, And the ever experimental Lightning Totem.
This place is also used to experiment and repair on existing weapons and to make newer versions of weapons for armies to use. A number of Experimental and Fragile weapons have been developed already, including Piston spears, Hand cannons and Grenades, Spiked Wrecking balls, Lightning staffs, and the Arcana Flamethrower.

This gives rise to
1. Spearguard-
Health:50
Armor:3
Damage:5
Speed:50
Skyrella soldiers armed with Spears of pure Penetrating power and Use a shield.

2. Grenadiers-
Health:10
Damage:15
Burst:2
Speed:45
Armored Rangers loaded with a hand held steam cannon and Arcana Grenades

3. Screws-
Health:75
Armor:15
Damage:20
Speed:25
Upgraded Rivets armed with a Wrecking ball and a Giant Shield.
4. Ark Sage
Health:20
Burst:4
Damage:24
Speed:45
a Mage carrying a backpack of Arcana connected to a staff emiter
5. Flame Mongrel
Armor:4
Damage:75
Speed:65
a Vogul Armed with a Steam Jet pack, Spiked fists and a Blue flame thrower.

Flag Post

Start of new Defense Towers and Destructibles

1.Rifleman’s Watch
Damage: 15
A basic Wooden tower armed with a Sniper

2. Mortar Pit
Health:250
Range:6
Damage:25
Burst:3
AoE:2
A Stone pit containing a Large mortar cannon

Solar Cannon
Damge:200
Burst:5
AoE:3
A mage on a tower summoning the Sun

Smoke Tower
Health: 250
Damage:50
Burst:5
Fires Smoke bombs at enemies and Confuses them

Destructibles
Storage pit.
Stores 200 resources temporarily.

Siege wall
Health:1000
A large stone wall that keeps everything in and everything out.

Ironguard
Health:2500
A Impervious wall of lost technology built with metal long forgotten by lyrellians.

Spike Moats.
AoE:5
Damage:insta kill for those that hit it.(Except for Rangers, Mages,Heroes,and Rivets.)
A deep trench filled with a number of spike grinders powered by an exposed skycore engine.

Steam engine
Health:200
Effect: Increases production of resources by 5 percent in its area per upgrade up to an increase of 95%.
An industrial model of a skycore steam engine. Very large.

Arcane Crane
Effect: Reduces construction times by periods of 5 mins. Max upgrade reduces 2 hours in construction time. only occurs in its area of effect.
A large wooden steam crane powered by engineers and Engines, Comes with a large hook.

Sign Post
Health:50
Effect:Write a personal message for scouters to see when they attack you. Maybe they will back off. (Works by clicking on the sign post when scouting.)

Flag Post

Well there are a couple of things I am not to sure about such as the sudden jump from having a rifle that looks like a blunderbuss, to a five barreled rifle that shoots at incoming infantry. Also, vehicles. Rivets are powered by Skycores, thus being said it takes alot to manufacture a armored beast. What I am wondering is how you are going to make the jump from Blunderbusses, to (Exaggeration) m16s.

Flag Post

defenses are good enough as it is. max defense is way better than max offense, although this is just my opinion. if we will have more defensive structures then we should have more attacking forces too. the idea of being able to deploy 2 sets of units would be fun if the game wont lag more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TehWarmongR:

Well there are a couple of things I am not to sure about such as the sudden jump from having a rifle that looks like a blunderbuss, to a five barreled rifle that shoots at incoming infantry.

In my current mind set I restrained my self from have a severe jump of technology from Blunderbusses to the Automatic Rifle of M4 carbines.
What I meant was the Basic Musket/Blunderbuss to the Power of a Falconet Cannon to the Speed of a 1864 gatling gun.
Appearance Muskets
Appearance Cannons
Appearance Machineguns

All of them are in the Same time Period 1820s-1860s so Yeah a tech leap but not a Armstrong step for mankind.

Originally posted by TehWarmongR:

Rivets are powered by Skycores, thus being said it takes alot to manufacture a armored beast.

Why do you think there is a Massive cost of Iron,Wood, and the Special Arcana?

Flag Post

this game is great but it need to be more steam like airships and flying homes

Flag Post

I was considering that idea…However the game is too laggy for the use of Large Airships… Plus the AI in this game is COMPLETELY retarded.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Armymonger187:

Plus the AI in this game is COMPLETELY retarded.

More like simple-minded. c:

Flag Post

I’d like to see a new Achmed unit. It is made as a tile destructible to begin with, and levels up accordingly, but can be counted as a unit using the Attack From Which Town options window. Each level of the unit does 50 damage per level, Splash damage upon detonation. Single use only, and it can damage either side in the blast when it hits the nearest enemy target. Since it is created on a tile as a destructible, it’s possible to wipe out an enemies supply of these before they can use them on you. However, they still should work as tile defences if attacked, and detonate themselves if an enemy unit gets within range. It can obviously be scaled to fit the game balance with regards the amount of spaces it takes up in a garrison/encampment, damage inflicted and range/speed according to the game needs, not to mention the actual resource requirements to build each one.

Realistically it should have only 1 healthpoint, so that ranged attacks or long range hero skills can have a chance to stop these nasty little things from doing their job.

Addendum: Each level of this unit should additionally use up an extra garrison/encampment space (at least), to ensure it doesnt get too overpowering.

Addendum II: For back ground details, simply explain these units carry raw skycorium, hence their fragile and explosive nature. Perhaps even add a separate building to house them when “off duty” since they would be shunned by other members of a garrison.

Flag Post

another idea: i was thinking we can have the siege weaponry suggested by armymonger187 as a destructible building. when you use said troops to attack, you have the option to use the weaponry one or more times by using a hefty sum of resources. in conquest, there should be a limit at how the siege weaponry can be used. for example, a catapult can attack as far as 2 tiles while ballista can only attack adjacent tiles. to make it less overpowered, these buildings can also consume a lot of spaces, making them easy to destroy and/or would ruin a layout. my point is to add a new flavor to battle, but i’m sure the developers have think about this or perhaps have probably worked on a better idea.

there’s a lot of great ideas here, i really hope one of them will be implemented. thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by flibberty:

I’d like to see a new Achmed unit.

Addendum II: For back ground details, simply explain these units carry raw skycorium, hence their fragile and explosive nature. Perhaps even add a separate building to house them when “off duty” since they would be shunned by other members of a garrison.

Achmed? =_=" At first, it sounded like an alchemist, but then I re-read, and I realised it’s not. Moar racism please? But good idea overall.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AleXinoS:

…snip…

Achmed? =_=" At first, it sounded like an alchemist, but then I re-read, and I realised it’s not. Moar racism please? But good idea overall.

This was a temporary name as an example, taken from the achmed the dead terrorist internet viral video, and in no way represents my opinion of any such subject. A white man with an indian wife does not usually get accused of racism, so you’ll forgive me if I seem surprised, and somewhat amused by that idea Alex. However, since I am a “typical english loudmouth yob”, I can understand if you choose to believe otherwise.

Back on topic, perhaps if the idea of interchangable hero skills gets implemented ingame, there could be a complimentary skill to go with this unit, where a hero skill allows a hero to do a “deathblast” as its last dying act? Damage to all surrounding units/buildings and instant death to the hero that uses it? Or would that be too unbalancing and make other hero skill types redundant?

*addendum: I just imagined the sheer volume of complaints in kong chat that would follow this hero skill, with cries of outrage coming from players who press the wrong key at the wrong moment. I am lol’ing as a result.

Flag Post

So basically you want a suicidal unit that runs into buildings and Creates a HUGE explosion to buildings and towers.
I have seen it in action in another game on facebook, And I got to tell you…Its Odd for the whole idea of training them…BUT when In combat they really Ruin walls.

Originally posted by rotaxes:

another idea: i was thinking we can have the siege weaponry suggested by armymonger187 as a destructible building. when you use said troops to attack, you have the option to use the weaponry one or more times by using a hefty sum of resources. in conquest, there should be a limit at how the siege weaponry can be used.

I thin k I understand… You want to build a Siege weapon as a Building for use in combat but when someone Invades…They control the machine and Can attack tiles with it. But in return.. YOU can use the weapons to raid other cities and cause Havoc.
But What Im wondering is about the “Hefty Sum” of resources as a limitation… The Entire Weapon is very costly to build and with its limited Range of Tile warfare I was wondering if its a good idea to Make its every use a heavy cost…it might make it unworthy in warfare and more in favour of Vogul Rushes.
But other than that A Interesting Idea…

Flag Post

moot point; the cost of using siege weaponry can be balanced.

Flag Post

On consideration Should we actually put in Air units such as zepplins,Blimps, and gliders as another tier of units to command?
personally Im FOR the idea but since this Era lacks any type of AA except archer towers and probably Mage towers… would these units be OP in any way?

Flag Post

On consideration Should we actually put in Air units such as zepplins,Blimps, and gliders as another tier of units to command?
personally Im FOR the idea but since this Era lacks any type of AA except archer towers and probably Mage towers… would these units be OP in any way?

They don’t have to be necessarily able to avoid tower damage, and web tower and archer tower are those that would be most likely to shoot air units. >.>

Flag Post

So you suggest a building for the air units ‘Air Base’ to have 5 lvls for 5 new units and needed citadel lvl 6 to obtain lvl 5 air unit these unit pos use more command and have high dam. also have a hanger to store the air units as not to fill up the building were the infantry were.

Flag Post

I see what you mean…

Hanger.. Siege workshop…Sky Consortium… Hmm… Ill have some Air units, Skybuildings, And Such later. For The Purpose.

Flag Post

Air Units

These special units that you can deploy are the “Heavy Infantry” of the Skyrellan Armies.
The smallest unit is a 2 spacer, while the Largest, Most armored, and Heavily Armed costs 10 spaces.

To build the Air forces, you need a:

Sky consortium
Health:1000
Ability: Allows the constuction of Air dirigibles and Flying machines.
- When the Trimuverate invaded Syrella, Several Generals had diviated from the Codes of war and had used the vicious “Voguls” against them without Mercy. However some other Generals had used experimental flying machines against the evil trimuverates. Strange devices that required large amounts Arcana and the even rarer Solidified Skystone in order to propel itself and fly through the air. They are also armed with Lightning stones, Solidified metal Bombs that upon detonation sent Bolts of lightning everywhere . Perhaps the most devestating thing was the heights of the Flying machines were so high that Even Lightning could not reach them making them completely invincible to All Ground fire.

You also need :
Hanger:
Space:5
Stores flying machines.
-Although Dirigibles were well made, they were often large, Inefficient in storage spaces, and their Ligntning bombs were very sensitive, accidental detonations were common.
So a larger building was created to store these gargantuan sized machines which also came with the Large scale repair and resupply machines to maintain them.

Arcanium Smelter
Health:1200
Ability:Allows the upgrades of Flying machines
-Although the name sounds like a purifying machine for the refinement of arcana…this building is anything BUT. Inside this building is an assortment of experimental lightning devices used for modifying,experimenting, and Weaponizing lightning. The name smelter comes from the assortment of chemical gasses the the arcana gives off when used to create and control lightning energy. Also several engines commonly used in steam cannons have been found in these buildings modified for air use.

Storm Harvester
Health:7500
Armor:2
Damage:30
Problem:Only targets Air units
-The Introduction of skyborne weapons began to terrify the triumverate as they began to rain lightning bolts from the skies. However it began to terrify the users of the weapons as WELL when the thought of what would happen when used against THEM. So Airborne arcanists began to develop a weapon capable of striking the flying machines in the air from the ground. At first it would be a basic Lightning totem attached to the top of a mage tower in place of a skystone, but it soon became apparent that the energy required to reach those heights was Insufficient. So the Arcanists decided to Strap on a single skystone to the totem producing significantly more energy, But it was still not enough. This kept going on until they attached 6 skystones in 3 coils around the base of the tower and connected wires into the tip of the Totem and refabricated the Lightning stone. An Incredible range was developed to go up to the Upper atmosphere. but at lower heights its much weaker.

Flag Post

Aircraft and dirigibles

Cloud hopper
Damage:5

A Strange device, this funny Gyrocopter uses a Constant stream of steam to keep it floating as well as a spiral Air blade to keep it stable and provide added thrust.
Its also armed with twin steam guns that can fire separately on different targets.

Steam Casket
Health:300

-By pumping a Heated cloth bag with skystone fluids and water, this has effectively made a Rechargeable hot air balloon to carry several tons of weight. This weight is made up of Steam propulsion engines, Boiler pipes, and the Destructive Lightning bomb.

Floating shield
Health:600
Damage:25
Range:2

- A advanced steam casket Thats been upgraded with an intense amount of Sky cured armored plating. Due to its upbringing of iron, its weight needed to be reduced to compensate flight restrictions, so Some weapons and Engines were removed.

Solar Comana
Health:300
Damage:75
Burst:4

- a Advanced cloud hopper using 4 steam engines to move it through the air, as well as several tons of armor placed on it. This design allows it to have 2, 8 barrelled Rocket pods to shell ground targets into submission, it also comes with 2 cannon turrets for air to air combat.

Sky command
Health:1500
Damage:200

- One of the largest Zeppelin ever created, its propelled by 6 steam engines and has several armored Cupolas mounting Vulcans and steam Cannons, As well as 2 million tons of Lightning explosives. Needless to say, this thing is a wonder to behold the sky.

Flag Post

Super Defensive towers.
(Towers strong enough to withstand a mage rush, vogul rush, and Mixed rush of lv.9 soldiers and heroes. Keeps bases alive a bit longer.)
(In conquest Forts can only have One and YOU can only have one. choose wisely.)

Costs: 500,000 Wood and iron. 500,000 Arcana. EACH. (Takes 2 upgrade levels before it does something.)

1. Church of Iron (Super Archer tower can hit 2 targets at once. Increases Targets per 2 levels. Lv.9 enhances damage.)
Health:50,000
Range:15
Damage:55
A Rectangular shaped building with 4 towers, This Miniature Citadel Acts fortress to pick off everything in its way.

2. Ring of Fire (Flame bunker with Area of Effect)
Health:25,000
Burst:3
AOE:4
Two Flame bunkers stacked on each other to look like a Silo. However its bottom one shoots Streams of flame and the top shoots explosive bolts.

3.Guild of Sky (Adds a Lightning Bolt effects with AOE)
Health:5000
Damage:60(1 damage at its max range, Increases as it gets closer.)
Range:20
AOE:5
Similar to the Mage tower, This tower has Cannibalized a Lighting totem and Stabbed it into a skystone.This has caused the Lighting totem to be permanently Charged and can Shoot HUGE distances.

4. Spider’s nest. (Stuns targets and slows down anything in range)
Health:10,000
Damage:20
Range:5
AOE:2
Slowdown Duration:15 secs
Duration in AOE:45 secs
A Advanced web tower using Fragments of the Sky within its Hooks. However it has also been given a Arcana mister to Slow down The Trimuverate In its AOE as the Arcana causes eye-watering, Burning lungs, And Rusts Metal.

5. Shock stone. ( A permanent lightning totem made out of stone, its power has been increased and can attack 3 targets at once.)
Health:2000
Damage:40
Range:30
Targets:3

A Stone tower Accompanying a Experimental Lightning Stone, Needless to Say The results are shocking.
As it can Engage 3 targets at once without ANY damage deterioration like the Guilds of Sky.

Flag Post

Super Defensive towers.
(Towers strong enough to withstand a mage rush, vogul rush, and Mixed rush of lv.9 soldiers and heroes. Keeps bases alive a bit longer.)
(In conquest Forts can only have One and YOU can only have one. choose wisely.)

Costs: 1,000,000 Wood and iron. 500,000 Arcana. EACH.

The limit is 500,000 res atm. I think it’ll be a while before we get to 1mil. >.>