[Legacy of Heroes] Ixnay: Ostlay

18 posts

Flag Post

Hi,

is it intentional that this foe has only one card in deck?

Flag Post

The Issue 7 Ixnay’s deck is only composed of one card that will reshuffle back into his deck and allow him to play another card that turn, and since his deck is made up of only one card, he’ll keep on continuously playing it until he either kills you or depletes something of yours that depletes his cards and thus killing him.

Going first or having a card such as splash damage in your deck will allow you to beat him.

Flag Post

you could also be lucky and have neighborhood watch in your starting hand

Flag Post

any “on deplete deplete X from opponent” card will let you beat him. If you dont have any then using a deck of four Neighbourhood Watch and one other threat card will win every time too. If you dont have the max dupe to use 4 NWs then you can use less and replace them with threats but the less you have the worst your chances. Basically you want a (or two) NW to start in your hand, ploy on his repeating ally card, then two or the other three cards left in your deck will slot in (depending if you started with one or two NWs) and then you just hit him with any card to win.

Also at this point in the game you should have the max duplicate anyway.

Flag Post

You can also beat him 100% of the time by making a deck with just 1 NW, 1 regular card(can be an event or momento if desired) and 2 events or momentos.

Since you only have 1-2 cards that you will draw regularly, you will draw them 100% of the time, the other 2 events/momentos you will draw later to prevent you from losing.(since neighborhood watch activates, you will need to draw 2 cards.)

It doesn’t really matter what you do next, because once you play a card, even if you deal no damage, it will go back to his turn and he’ll try to draw a card from an empty deck and lose.

Tested and proven.

Flag Post

any suggestions about the end-of-issue Ixnay? He can kill all or nearly all my deck with his consequtive(sp?) attacks :(

Flag Post

Until i read this post i had no idea what was going on in this fight cause i beat it straight away every time and heres how: have a “The Abyss” ally card in your deck, its ability stops the opponent from drawing ally cards, if the opponent only has ally cards left in their deck they all go to the deplete pile

as ixnay ostlay’s deck consists of only one ally card he is defeated instantly

Flag Post

abyss is an unreasonable solution though, because its the same as telling poor people that they just simply need to make more money…. abyss is legendary and not everyone has it, but anyways….

ixnay uses nearly all tacticals and allies, so good cards to use against him are Neighborhood Watch and Puppet Strings, also if you happen to have Get Bent from drafting rewards that works too

cards that banish are also good against him (immolate, thousand deaths). since many of his attacks ignore shields its better to play offensively and not worry too much about shields

Flag Post

you guys are confusing the 2 i7 nodes of him.

Flag Post

“Hi,
is it intentional that this foe has only one card in deck?”

any suggestions about the end-of-issue Ixnay? He can kill all or nearly all my deck with his consequtive(sp?) attacks :(

PriestlyJudas started the topic with that question and then later posted again about the 2nd ixnay at the end of i7.
Thats why i answered the one about the 2nd ixnay because i assumed he already got past the 1st one with 1 card.

the thing i wrote about abyss was just something in general for all fights and not just for ixnay, because giving abyss as a solution for anything is unreasonable

Flag Post

Some specific things that might make Ixnay (the 2nd variant, on normal difficulty) easier:
1. Little Susie: Antihero; specifically her on deplete effect. Triggering pointed responses gives Ixnay free turns to make your deck vanish. If you did not acquire her during the megabrawl event, you cannot use this option.
2. Banish his cards. Banished cards do not trigger their deplete effects.
3. Neighborhood Watch (NW) can stop his ally from hitting you and might stop his chain of attacks. If you got this far without NW, congratulations I suppose. Seriously, get them.
4. Allies are not affected by pointed response and generally have good damage. Use them to do damage if he has depleted some. As a bonus, allies even take out his pointed responses, so you do not have to clean them up with 0 damage attacks.
5. Healing is nearly useless against Ixnay. Any threat that only heals you is useless against him. Time Outs might buy you a turn or two to hit him more though.
6. Stall for time. Play weak attacks until you reach 25 cards in your deplete pile. Hope you do not trigger pointed responses or if you do, get rid of them. Then use your Hood and Mask and play Last Ditch Effort (LDE) to kill him in a single hit. Unless you have a very big deck, you will easily die before you can pull this off. If you are acolyte, please note that LDE will/might heal you before checking for survivor, so you need 26 or 27 cards in deplete pile to not risk wasting your LDE.
7. Use Black and White and Red All Over (BWR) to take out his mementos quickly. Building up the willpower counters in time might be tricky, but see below.
8. Since Ixnay will deplete a lot of your cards, cards with on deplete effects can be powerful. Splash Damage might deal that little bit of extra damage you need. 15 Minutes can get you the willpower counters to make BWR effective. Depleted Quickhits will boost your odds of critical hits. Many events increase the damage of your threats when depleted.

Flag Post

Guys, really… the easiest way to beat Ixnay is to have two “Neighborhood Watch” plus an additonal two cards. The only way you’ll lose is if you draw both “Neighborhood Watch”, and this has only happened to me once.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drako321:

Guys, really… the easiest way to beat Ixnay is to have two “Neighborhood Watch” plus an additonal two cards. The only way you’ll lose is if you draw both “Neighborhood Watch”, and this has only happened to me once.

Sorry I didn’t see that this was about the 2nd variant, disregard my previous post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drako321:

You could add an event or a memento to make the victory certain. Even the lowly Field Dressing you start with will do.

Flag Post

I just changed my deck to a 7 card deck with 4 nw moxie and 2 time outs you can use something else instead of the 2nd time out like turning tides and something else instead of moxie I had her in there because I just got her and was checking her out. Never lost at all.

Flag Post

3 nw and 2 team spirit works wonders

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingconan10:

If you happen to start with 3 NW, you’re screwed. Take NW+ any memento (or event) + any 2 attacks for 100% success ratio.

Flag Post
Originally posted by toranx:
Originally posted by kingconan10:

If you happen to start with 3 NW, you’re screwed. Take NW+ any memento (or event) + any 2 attacks for 100% success ratio.

No, both are prone to F A I L, here is why: If you are not active, you have only 2(!) cards in hand. The first: 2 teamspirit in hand→fail. the second:2 attacks→fail. No, use 2 NHW, 1 attack… like lesser flame… and 2 events. That is enough. You always draw 1-2 NHW first hand. Even if you use 2 NHW, you will simply draw the 2 events.