[Vorp!] PVP Suggestions

8 posts

Flag Post

A place to vent and share your pvp issues, in a constructive and insightful way. Nerf crying is plausible but not entirely helpful. Let the developers know why you love the pvp mechanics and what you would do if you were in their shoes.

Flag Post

One suggestion I have is about Hirudo. Is endgame effectiveness wavers compared to some of the endgames of other ships. He doesn’t have enough burst to take enemies down quickly, and his ability to chase is near ziltch. Every other ship has either a heal or escape mechanism:

SS: Heal
Wolf: Shield
Fire: Slow Enemy
Jabber: Charge attack (Can be used to get away)
ANT: Warp

My only suggestion atm isn’t to give hirudo an escape or chase mechanism since they should probably choose ops to help themselves out, but to reduce the cooldown on their number 1 and possibly their number 2 ability. I believe their number one ability should have a cooldown equal in length to the effect of the ray of damage. I think the number 2 electro circle ability should have it’s cooldown tweaked down a little. It’s deadly to chase an enemy and have periods where you have no offensive abilities to trigger. Against a good or equal skilled team, all his attacks and maneuvers are easily escapable and are lacking in comparison to the end game all around effectiveness of the other ships.

Flag Post

Teleport should not work if under attack that way people can’t just heal and go back to attacking the weak person

Flag Post

Um, that’s he whole point of teleporting, it’s to get away when you can’t handle the situation. Besides, the Depart ops has a two-seconds charge-up, during which you can’t move. The ANT can still fly when using his warp, but that one has a longer charge-up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ramaweh:

One suggestion I have is about Hirudo. Is endgame effectiveness wavers compared to some of the endgames of other ships. He doesn’t have enough burst to take enemies down quickly, and his ability to chase is near ziltch. Every other ship has either a heal or escape mechanism:

SS: Heal
Wolf: Shield
Fire: Slow Enemy
Jabber: Charge attack (Can be used to get away)
ANT: Warp

My only suggestion atm isn’t to give hirudo an escape or chase mechanism since they should probably choose ops to help themselves out, but to reduce the cooldown on their number 1 and possibly their number 2 ability. I believe their number one ability should have a cooldown equal in length to the effect of the ray of damage. I think the number 2 electro circle ability should have it’s cooldown tweaked down a little. It’s deadly to chase an enemy and have periods where you have no offensive abilities to trigger. Against a good or equal skilled team, all his attacks and maneuvers are easily escapable and are lacking in comparison to the end game all around effectiveness of the other ships.

I completely disagree. Hiruda in fact gets more effective near the end of the game compared to the other players. The ability to drain up to four enemies at once and the rotational disruption ability gives the ability to circle around your opponents, corralling them until they die. The only weakness is against Angel Fire, which has similar power in close range fighting, with a stronger ship and the ventilate ability.

Flag Post

About Jabberwocky.
Really good ship although not many people like it. Becomes really useful in the end of the game. Vorpal Line helps you come close to enemies and then just cut them to peaces. Bladies is really useful to, especially when you released your main blade and came closer to enemy. And they can follow him, when he wanna escape. Big amount of energy is good too.
Easy to defeat: SS Venture, Iron Wolf, Angel Fire (close combat only).
Hard to defeat: high lvl Hirudo (rotation disruption makes me mad), Angel Fire.
I don’t know about Shinobi and MK. 1 cos i didn’t play with them. But i think that they will be hard to defeat. You need to defeat enemies in close combat but because of their high speed and invisibility of Shinobi (i don’t have any idea what is it) it will be pretty hard.

Flag Post

I think that the games should be a bit shorter OR you give us the option to level up a bit more so that the turret killing (and therefore the game) goes quicker, this morning I played at 7:30 and had to leave early to go to school at 8:10. The huge 50 second respawns may also be a major contributor to the length of the games.

Flag Post

Add matches 1v1 and/or 2v2 – waiting time for 3v3 are currently too big, while with less players the play should be smoother and less HW demanding (comparing 3v3 to single player). To a smoother play could probably help simplified map similar to the survival mode (which can be seen on youtube) also.