[Skyshard Heroes] Multi-Accounting?

13 posts

Flag Post

I asked Kong Forums and they said it’s entirely up to the developer’s policy… so here I am asking the devs. What are your thoughts about people using duplicate accounts to play this game? Shouldn’t there be a system in place somehow to prevent this from occurring? Some people are just going out of control creating 2, 3, 4 accounts to shift the balance in their favor.

Flag Post

if u want to talk about me, my 2nd account of this game has been played after a weak this was opened. not duplicate. :p

Flag Post

I’ve actually brought this up to rudgutter, I personally think there should be an IP restriction of 1 account = 1 player, end of. Then the playing field is fairer all across the board, instead of as is currently the case where alts are used as secondary points of attack by players to overcome their attack cooldowns on primary accounts, and win a tactical advantage in conquest simply by having double the amount of attacks than their enemies, not to mention bypassing the debuffs they might currently possess on just one account. This is leading to smaller and less well developed guilds being destroyed in an Alt war, where they simply got in the way.

Whilst I know it could be argued that anyone can use this tactic to regain balance, and fight back, it is still detracting fairness from the game for those who do not wish to use alts.

Needless to say, as a business practice, having newly arrived players wiped out by established guilds who use more than one account per player, is inviting disaster; since no new cash-investing players will want to stick around for long when theyre constantly being removed from the map by alts @ war. This is a serious problem which not only threatens the future of the game financially, but detracts from the fun factor of many “honest” players who are already playing here.

Therefore I ask that IP restrictions on Alt accounts are put in place for the good of the game.

- PYE

Flag Post

I’d like to see different maps. Have a newbie map for guild members that are new. Once you get to level ~25, you go to the real conquest map and lose all newbie map tiles. This would make losing an alt that is banned on Kong much more devastating, and reduce the number of throwaway alts, and also keep the newbie map with a more impacting and semi-consistent change of power as players level up and all their tiles on newbie map become unoccupied

Flag Post

i only use alts when people use alts to destroy me i dont think it is fair having people double teaming u with there alts and mains no fair trying to block us and stop us gives other guilds a head advantage how u supposed to defend 40 against one if u have complete alts in other guild

Flag Post

Like in most games, where players are limited by something different than only the time put into playing, multiaccounting should be forbidden ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by sunburnfractal:

I’d like to see different maps. Have a newbie map for guild members that are new. Once you get to level ~25, you go to the real conquest map and lose all newbie map tiles. This would make losing an alt that is banned on Kong much more devastating, and reduce the number of throwaway alts, and also keep the newbie map with a more impacting and semi-consistent change of power as players level up and all their tiles on newbie map become unoccupied

I posted a suggestion yet more detailed here http://www.kongregate.com/forums/177-skyshard-heroes/topics/275923-dev-suggestions-bug-reports?page=10#posts-6239016 and as far as flibberty’s point goes, yes, stop the alts, even if there are those who can do the IP spoofing or whatever they call it, those who cant will still be stopped. More importantly, “MONEY” if you didn’t hear it earlier. Maybe the developors are greedy, I don’t know, but I’d like the money to keep flowing with fresh players. To say the least this game pleases me much more than BYM.

Flag Post

I agree with most of this, but I honestly first made my alt because my main’s hometown was getting boring, and I had made a few tactical mistakes, so I decided to start over for the fun of it. I’m rarely on conquest; I’m in my hometown 99% of the time trying out a different approach to leave feedback for the new comers, since, as you may know, I always give hints and advice on how to play the game. :P But I do agree that there should be a limitation of same IP on conquest more precisely. I don’t see anything bad in having an alt hometown for the fun of it.

Flag Post

When I posted on this thread, I was not intending to aim at any one individual, in fact if it were just the one individual there would be little reason to post, but the fact that there is a very large number of players who now use this tactic to bypass the games inbuilt restrictions on attack timers AND debuff limits is not only unfair to the players, it’s pretty much rendering all the hard work of the developers themselves into introducing these restrictions to begin with. That’s an insult to their time and effort in attempting to produce any type of balance to the game. WHY would they want to continue to work on our behalf so much if players simply “cheat” the game mechanics in order to outdo an opponent?

Since the players themselves who are guilty of this are still to this day not stopping using their alts, and will probably still not do so after theyve read this post, I ask once more that synap considers an IP restriction on player accounts. No More Alts.

Flag Post

You guys are acting like the developers didn’t have no knowledge of these kinds of tactics. It happened on RedShift and the developers did nothing so if they wanted to stop this abuse on this game they would have done it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazzaq123:

You guys are acting like the developers didn’t have no knowledge of these kinds of tactics. It happened on RedShift and the developers did nothing so if they wanted to stop this abuse on this game they would have done it.

I’m acting like I want enough players to step up and make enough fuss that the developers decide to do something about it, which side of the line would you want to stand in that instance qaz? For or against?

Flag Post

Against (I been through this trying to make a stand for months on redshift for the same problem V_V)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator