[Dungeon Overlord] Opening impressions

2 posts

Flag Post

Well, I’ve played your game up to the point where I have an long wait to craft a Keg and so here’s some things I’ve got to report so far.

First, please come up with something original for the background music. I love “In the Hall of the Mountain King” and I do not want to hear a very limited loop of the song as my background music. I know I can turn the music off but if I do and there is a music change during another gameplay mode (as I have not attacked anyone yet) I will not be able to hear that.

It might come in handy to tell us during the tutorial that we can force an upgrade that is under 5 minutes to finish instantly for free. The first time I tried clicking “Complete Upgrade” I did not think anything happened until it suddenly went. I wasn’t sure if I had been charged for it or not.

I kind of like how you can click a tile and choose Upgrade but I do not like how you can not see just how much resources it will take to do so. I know I can choose Details and see if I want but it still bothers me.

When it comes to the Library I had a little “Pick me up” box that showed up and did not go away until I refreshed the game. It was not pointing to anything I could actually pick up. I had another one in my Farm but that was pointing to a piece of food I could click. Also it was quite annoying to be told during the tutorial to get a second warlock only to be told quite a bit down the line that my 2nd Warlock was not doing any work in that Library, despite being in there.

A HUGE issue I’ve run across is the lack of decent mouse control when scrolling the map. If you click then drag and the mouse leaves the Flash window it drops the dragging right there. This makes moving around your dungeon via mouse far more annoying than it should be. It should not be very hard to make sure to capture the mouse during a drag and keep this from happening.

That’s all I have so far.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Solsund:

I kind of like how you can click a tile and choose Upgrade but I do not like how you can not see just how much resources it will take to do so. I know I can choose Details and see if I want but it still bothers me.

it does tell you on the left of the description screen, just under room details