[Vorp!] Design your ship

115 posts

Flag Post

Edited

Name: Don’t know.

Pilot profile: ENDGames can make it up.

Description: Slow moving ship and slower turn rate (command center) with lots of energy and an arsenal of weapons.

Loadouts:
Duel Enigma Repeaters- Shoots short range balls of plasma that explode like flak.
Hellfire Launcher- Sprays out many small seeking missiles from the sides.
Little Fortress- Ship goes into a stationary mode absorbing a % of damage and doing more damage to others. Deploys 2 drones that fly around and the Enigma Guns transform into a “Heavy Plasma Cannon” that works like a turret. Shoots one second after click as a charge time. Slow turn rate but lots of damage. Does less to structures.
Rain of Fire- The capital ship fires off a few rounds randomly around the ship. Area around ship glows red one second before it strikes and does lots of damage but less to structures.

Flag Post

I actually like this idea. Although I fear the result will be more premium ships..
(Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing)

Flag Post

since Vorp! is instensely skill/aiming based, I only think it should have a single skill that locks onto its target or even none.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dwagon22:

since Vorp! is instensely skill/aiming based, I only think it should have a single skill that locks onto its target or even none.

Two or more ships already have automatic lock-on..

The one’s without it take skill to use. That’s the point. We want good players to be good, not new players that own right away.

Flag Post

Yeah and as OPS you add Teleport. What is that idea? This game is fast, not slow. Slow ships cant work in this game it will imbalance it massively in MANY reasons.

What i would add as ship is a Minelayer that can drop unlimited different types of mines on the Map. But has no normal weapon.
Mines could be: Stun-Mine, Damage-Mine, Slow-Mine, DoT-Mine, Healing-Mine.
A Ship that is useful to defend borderlines and buildings. But that is useless for attacking

Flag Post

I changed it to make it harder to use but i was thinking that faster and long range ships can easily dodge or avoid the shots and that it would be more of a defensive ship.

Flag Post

Name: I can’t think of anything

Pilot profile: IDK

Description: Small fast moving ship with very few energy.

Loadout:
Vulcan Cannon/Seekers:
-Vulcan= 2 cannons on both sides of the ship that rapidly fires bullets dealing 10 – 20 damage each.
-Seekers= Launches 2 player seeking missiles that deal 30 – 50 damage. If the missiles fail to hit it’s chosen target after 10 seconds it will explode and damage anything near it for 20 – 30 damage.
Drop: The ship drops it’s wings which explode dealing 30 damage to anything nearby. The wings don’t come back until the ship goes to a supply depot. Using this skill activates another set of skills.
Armageddon/Bullet Hell:
-Armageddon= Shoots out 10 seekers around the ship that deal 40 – 50 damage each.
-Bullet Hell= Rapidly fires 10 bullets per second from the side of the ship that deal 10 – 20 damage. This effect lasts for 5 seconds and leaves the player immobile for 1 second.
Speed Demon/Warp:
-Speed Demon= The ship goes thrice as fast leaving behind a trail of red dots which explode into flames after 2 seconds dealing 40 – 60 damage while setting enemy ships on fire. This effect lasts for 5 seconds.
-Warp= The ship teleports instantly to the cursor and leaves behind a red dot that explodes dealing 100 damage in a massive radius. This ability can be used 5 times before reloading.

Flag Post

Name: idk

Pilot profile: Race: Genetec (spelled it purposely). The masters of genetics. Quote: “VORP flows through the veins of life.”

Description: A large genetically created organism that feeds on vorp and can generate it’s own vorp.

Loadouts:
Quantum Stinger Worms – Shoots worms that latches on to ships and drains damage over 3 seconds then teleports back and transfers the vorp back your own ship.
Corrosive gas cloud – Releases a gas cloud that deals damage to ships and causes some damage over time. Releases when destroyed too.
Web of Vines – Plants a seed that quickly grows and branches off in 6 directions that grows in random directions for 2 seconds and dissolves in 5. Can be used to trap ships or act as a barrier against enemy ships and enemy fire (except those that shoot through walls).
Stimulate – Increase energy recharge rate and heals friendlies by stimulating all cells to increase vorp production, releasing some to teammates, and makes cells tougher absorbing a % of damage.

Flag Post

Name: Mirage
Pilot: Vex – alien bounty hunter

Loadout:
chaingun – shoots rapid fire solid shells at a wide dispersed spread. low damage, high firing rate, high dispersion rate
railgun – fires a very long range beam of energy that does heavy damage to ships, but little damage to structures. slow firing rate.
gravity anchor – launches a missile that latches onto an enemy ship and severely drops their speed.
hunter radar – passive: increases minimap vision range and detects enemy ships. (works in tandem with railgun)

Flag Post

Name: Murder Machine
Pilot: Marcus ‘Murder’ Murdock – insane space gladiator

Loadout:
ravager – fires slow moving but very damaging rivets. it does more damage the closer you are to the target
rip’n’tear – creates a long spiked chain trailing behind the ship which damages enemies, it can also be controlled by the ship’s movements like a whip.
shredder – drops a proximity mine that explodes and releases shrapnel.
kaboom – self destructs the ship, doing massive damage in a radius

Flag Post

last one

Name: The Hive
Pilot: the queen

Loadout:
hornets – fast homing missiles similar to iron wolf’s but with weaker damage, shorter range but a higher cooldown rate.
stingers – fires a large rocket that releases a number of hornets after a preset time or if the rocket becomes damaged.
wasps – passive: two remote controlled satellites follow the Hive and attack nearby enemies with a weak laser attack. can be destroyed, will be rebuilt once skill cools down
bumblebees – passive: one remote controlled satellite follow the Hive and collect nearby ATOMs. can be destroyed, will be rebuilt once skill cools down

Flag Post

:) This is great stuff everyone! Makes me really stoked to know you’re all enjoying the game enough to come up with these cool ideas! Keep ‘em coming, it’s very inspiring for us!

skullhead51, I think you’re going to like our 11th ship already in development… ;)

Flag Post

how many ships are you intending to release anyways?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ENDGamesRyan:

:) This is great stuff everyone! Makes me really stoked to know you’re all enjoying the game enough to come up with these cool ideas! Keep ‘em coming, it’s very inspiring for us!

skullhead51, I think you’re going to like our 11th ship already in development… ;)

oooo, is it gonna be like my 1st or 2nd idea? XD

Flag Post

Just throwing out an idea to have different size class of ships, flying something akin to the strong minions ship would be too much fun.

It would be generally a tankier class and be more focused on simply walling off opponents and guarding allies.

Flag Post

Here’s a little different ship!

Name: Vascilis

Speed: 125, 185 with backburner.
Energy: 800/950/1200
Cargo: 200/300/400
Description: A symbiosis of machinery and insect-like life form.
– Extremely fast and agile, but very weak.
– Can distract enemy radars and turrets.

Loadouts:

Plasma Burst
– A burst of weak, slightly(very little) heat-guided plasma rounds.
– Charges 1 shot every 3 seconds. Max 3/4/5 shots.
– Damage: 6/8/12
– Target’s minimap gets distracted for 3.5/4.5/6 seconds(Switches and hides some targets and allies)
– Enemy turrets got 55% chance of failing a shot for 1 second, after hit by this.

Plasma Wave
– Shoots 3/5/7 big and slow plasma shells in a wave formation.
– Causes 30% slow on target for 2.5/3/3.5 seconds.
– Damage: 10/15/25
– Cooldown: 12/10/7 seconds.
– Energy usage: 140/130/115

Escape
– Drops the ship’s wings off, and launches off the front part of the ship with +50% speed for 2/3/4 seconds.
– The wings left behind become stationary explosive(120 dmg)
– New wings will grow after 10 seconds.
– During the time you’ve got no wings, and no speed boost(5 sec), your speed is reduced by 50%.
– Cooldown: 75 seconds.
– Energy usage: 85/80/70

Atomic Regeneration
– Consumes atoms from your cargo to heal you.
– 5 Energy per atom, at the rate of 5/8/12 atoms per second.
– Cooldown: 40/35/25 seconds
– Energy usage: 20/10/0

Edit: Adjusted it to be even more tactical and less offensive.

Flag Post

Name: ShapeShifter

Pilot: an inteligent robot, designed to produce ship parts, but got outa control

Speed: medium
power: medium

primary: duelling guns (duel ant pincers with high speed and low dmg)
secondairy: Cluster Bomb (trusts a small bit, then explodes into 4 parts, that would randomly travel and also explode)
skill 3: Shifting gears (charge for 3secs then change speed templory to slow, and boost power of all weapons to high templory)
skill 4: Reroot (charge for 3secs then change speed to fast templory, and weapons to low templory)
wait wut 5? im a cheater lolz,
skill 5:Shield Supply, reduce frontal dmg taken, no weapons can be fired, hold to use but slowly drains energy
(for countering enemy bursts)

Flag Post

How about something with a grapple launcher to latch onto a enemy ship so,
Name:
Primary: something like a shot gun(pretty close range),[CD:.5sec]
level 1:shoot a spread of 5 20-29 each
level 2:shoot a spread of 7 30-39 each
level 3:shoot a spread of 10 40-50 each

Skill2: Grapple claw, Range:
Level 1:Brings enemy to you, 50dmg Range: Cooldown:7
Level 2:Brings enemy to you, 100dmg Range: Cooldown:6
Level 3:Brings enemy to you, 200dmg Range: Cooldown:5

Skill 3:Stun Shot(passive)(can stack)[loses 1/2 the time when stack]
Level 1:5% chance per bullet to stun enemy(1sec)
Level 2:7% chance per bullet to stun enemy(1.1sec)
Level 3:10% chance per bullet to stun enemy(1.2sec)

Stun example:
10bullets hits target
2bullets cause stun=1.8sec of stun(max level on Stun and shotgun)

skill 4:Rebound burst
[10 CD] level 1:Reflects incoming projectiles and enemies (front shield)
[9 CD] level 2:Reflects incoming projectiles and enemies (front and sides)
[9 CD] level 3:Reflects incoming projectiles and enemies (all around)

Flag Post

Name: idk

Pilot profile: Race: ice golem
Description: slow ship whit a lot of power whit a very good regen but skills are very expensive to use

Loadouts:
ice shards – Shoots ice shards( they do high damange if you are close and very ow damange if you are far away)
ice wall – create an ice wall for x seconds depending of lv and the wall explodes shoting ice shards
frost wind –slow near enemys
living ice– ice shards have an extra dot damange

Flag Post

Name: Endless Void
Race; Faceless Voids
Description: Fast ship with a fast loadout cooldown, fastest way to destroy enemies to a crisp.
Loadouts: Time Missiles: Shoots and explosive time bomb which stops the time for 5 seconds to the AoE (atleast 700 wide range)
Phase Exploration: Speeds you up by 5 times the rate of the normal ones.
Time Pause: Stops the time for 12 seconds with a larger AoE (atleast 1340 wide)
Acaustic Finale: Shoots a beam of time which deals half the damage of the target (can be automatically killed if below 450 energy)
And Chronolical Blast: Damages 3/4 of the enemies nearby a death circle.

Flag Post

Ship: Drone Mothership
Pilot: 00101011101
Role: Support/Defense
Energy: High
Difficulty:Medium
W. Drone Bay – launches small attack drones which behave like npc drones, attacking any enemy player, drone or turret within range, yet stay within a short radius of the mother ship. Their speed and rate-of-fire offset the slow Railgun. The drones are fragile, and this weapon has a long cool-down to reload. Upgrades increase the maximum number of drones deployed and performance.
E. Nano-Cloud – deploys tiny repair bots in a field around the Mothership, which regenerates energy for any ally or drone within. Upgrades increases the range and persistence of the cloud.
R. Kamikaze – causes all deployed drones to speed towards their current targets and explode on contact, this allows them to leave their usual radius restriction. They cease fire, but double their movement speed. This trades their defensive roles and persistent damage over time, for burst damage. Upgrading increases their explosive damage and move speed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:
Originally posted by ENDGamesRyan:

oooo, is it gonna be like my 1st or 2nd idea? XD

Probably the second idea. the next ship looks like a plague ship. Probably deploys damage-over-time weapons or hinders enenmy ship performance with debilitating disease based debuffs. Toxic cloud AoE perhaps?

Flag Post

Someone make a ship piloted by a psychopath. I don’t have the time right now.

Flag Post

The Whale
Fast ship with great firepower.

[ Loadouts ]

Railguns Q
Two long ranged railguns charged with electricity.
Deals low damage, but slows enemies down by 10% for 2 seconds.
Damage: 5/10/15
Energy: 3/4/5
Cooldown: 0.5/0.4/0.3 sec

Snipers W
Two extremely long ranged, strong and fast, piercing shots.
Bullet speed: 390/440/485
Damage: 335/465/595
Energy: 125/135/150
Cooldown: 10/8/6 sec

Flip → Rocket Flip → Warp Flip E
Flips the ship into cursor direction.
Energy: 10/8/5
Turning delay: 0.5/0.3/0.1 sec
Cooldown: 1.5/1.2/0.8 sec

Plasma Cannons R
Two heavy and slow plasma shots.
Damage: 390/650/1450
Energy: 300/325/395
Cooldown: 26/25/22 sec

Flag Post

i was going to start a similar thread. i noticed the ss venture’s design and weapons paid homage to the star trek universe and one of the new ships looks like the delorean from back to the future (name sounds similar to). my favourite shmup series is r-type so a ship that pays homage to it would be great.