[Sacred Seasons MMORPG] Connecting Problems

9 posts

Flag Post

Whenever I go to the game on Kong, it always says [Login Failed!] and then the [Connecting (Circle thing) Still trying to connect…]. This ALWAYS HAPPENS even though I have a connected account to my Kong account. Im not sure how to fix this, or even what problem this is.

The weird thing is, after maybe an hour or less, it works. The screen goes away and the login for my account and server comes up.

The connecting stuff which doesnt apply to me:

*Firewall – No, I can even play on mainsite, just not kong until it finally connects.

*Virus Scanner – Disabled it all, or the time is different from when I usually play.

*Linux – I dont know, all I use is Adobe Flash.

*Mac – I dont use a Mac. Or have a Mac for that matter.

*Flash Player – My flash player is 11.1.102.55, better than 9 and 10.

The only thing would be if this game runs on Java, cause we disabled it a while back. Other games that would also use java would be slow for me to connect to too… Also, I use IE.

Any help would be great, thanks =)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Msyxorap:

Also, I use IE.

Problem found, Ddavi Stunsparce.

Flag Post

Hmm…hard to say what the problem is exactly.

If you know your Sacred Seasons password, how quickly does the game load from the main site once you click Login (on the server selection screen)? I ask this because when you’re logging on through Kongregate, the Sacred Seasons account will actually come online between clicking Go (in the preloader) and selecting your server.

Also, some people might cite IE being a relatively bad browser compared to Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome — in fact I bet you’ll get at least one other response here saying to get either Firefox or Chrome. If possible, see if the game works any better with one of these two browsers (I prefer Firefox myself).

(Note for future reference: Linux is an operating system like Windows and Mac, but with a greater focus on technical details. It’s not the prettiest type of computer to use.)

Flag Post

The thing is, its not IE. I tested it out on a different computer (I use this laptop cause its faster than the other one) with Mozilla Firefox and it didnt work either.

When I log in main site though, it is relatively fast. Maybe 5 seconds or less?

The weird thing though is today it worked. I just loaded it, but same problem at first, force refreshed with F5 and it worked when I looked at it. Then I became afk for an hour or 2, and then it logged me out for too long AFK. When I went back to try it, it didnt work :(

Any more tips or help possible? Someone on Kong chat the other day said they had the same problem, but it went away after a week…

Flag Post

Yup, this has became common on Kong users for whatever reason. Content with SS1 chat or patience, my kid. I don’t know how to help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Msyxorap:

Whenever I go to the game on Kong, it always says [Login Failed!] and then the [Connecting (Circle thing) Still trying to connect…]. This ALWAYS HAPPENS even though I have a connected account to my Kong account. Im not sure how to fix this, or even what problem this is.

The weird thing is, after maybe an hour or less, it works. The screen goes away and the login for my account and server comes up.

The connecting stuff which doesnt apply to me:

*Firewall – No, I can even play on mainsite, just not kong until it finally connects.

*Virus Scanner – Disabled it all, or the time is different from when I usually play.

*Linux – I dont know, all I use is Adobe Flash.

*Mac – I dont use a Mac. Or have a Mac for that matter.

*Flash Player – My flash player is 11.1.102.55, better than 9 and 10.

The only thing would be if this game runs on Java, cause we disabled it a while back. Other games that would also use java would be slow for me to connect to too… Also, I use IE.

Any help would be great, thanks =)

u posted mac as a problem O_O nah mac is the solution

Flag Post

SS1 was made for Windows, not for Mac/Linux.

Flag Post

Really? Where did you hear/see that?

Thought this game was made on Adobe ActionScript/ and ActionScript is made primarily with mac. AS/AE is almost always more choppy on a pc then a mac.

Flag Post

AFAIK it’s made with AS3, but hell, it’s what the loading screen says.