[BigHeadBash] Newest update (accuracy) is a problem

16 posts

Flag Post

I’m going to tell you now, until accuracy is removed, I’m quitting this game. Here’s the problem with your accuracy stat: my degree of accuracy is no longer dependent on my skill, it’s dependent on the whimsy of the random number generator. Adding an accuracy modifier to the game completely removes what made it unique and fun. It removes the concept of a skill and replaces it with a necessity to use weapons that aren’t affected by accuracy, like lasers and flamethrowers. The game will only go downhill from here, and I don’t want to bear witness to such a sad sight. I’ll check back periodically to see if it’s removed or not, but won’t play until it is.

Protip, developers: Don’t try to balance games by nerfing good things, balance your games by buffing bad things.

Edit: Oh and by the way. You know how you try to avoid being a pay to win game? You’ve just heavily tipped the balance in favor of paid only weapons, aka, the spyders.

Edit2:…why’d you remove the HP regen from bash?

Flag Post

Really really pay to win now. Here another player that will stop playing until accuracy will be there.

Flag Post

Reply to Edit2 :seems like they reduced the Recharging rate of HP while bashing. i saw it growing in speed of snail.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skellyjack:

Reply to Edit2 :seems like they reduced the Recharging rate of HP while bashing. i saw it growing in speed of snail.

I just bashed with damage and stood still, didn’t regain any at all. Also, I tried giving it a shot at least, and it’s just so crap now. Use spyders and win. That’s the game.

And the double-shot on the sniper? Doesn’t even being to make up for the fact that it can’t hit targets at all.

Flag Post

I completely agree the addition of the accuracy stat completely ruins the game for me. And drives it towards the pay to play model. The great thing about this game USED to be that the Default SMG/Shotgun USED to be a great combo, and even a starting player had a good chance to get some kills on much higher players if they had skill in their aim and could get some critical hits. Now its turned into a lame “Spray and Pray”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bloodstar23:

I’m going to tell you now, until accuracy is removed, I’m quitting this game. Here’s the problem with your accuracy stat: my degree of accuracy is no longer dependent on my skill, it’s dependent on the whimsy of the random number generator. Adding an accuracy modifier to the game completely removes what made it unique and fun. It removes the concept of a skill and replaces it with a necessity to use weapons that aren’t affected by accuracy, like lasers and flamethrowers. The game will only go downhill from here, and I don’t want to bear witness to such a sad sight. I’ll check back periodically to see if it’s removed or not, but won’t play until it is.

Protip, developers: Don’t try to balance games by nerfing good things, balance your games by buffing bad things.

Edit: Oh and by the way. You know how you try to avoid being a pay to win game? You’ve just heavily tipped the balance in favor of paid only weapons, aka, the spyders.

Edit2:…why’d you remove the HP regen from bash?

speed boost, armor regen and reload all deleted, bash does nothing now
going too portal camp now, as that will compensate for the accuracy thing
new toy looks like betty with black hair
new update not really affecting me, just went 29/3

EDIT: THANK YOU FOR THE MASSIVE BUFF ON THE SNIPER EDIT 2: WHAT SNIPER

Originally posted by Ppyromann:

I completely agree the addition of the accuracy stat completely ruins the game for me. And drives it towards the pay to play model. The great thing about this game USED to be that the Default SMG/Shotgun USED to be a great combo, and even a starting player had a good chance to get some kills on much higher players if they had skill in their aim and could get some critical hits. Now its turned into a lame “Spray and Pray”.

gotta agree here, and its not just spray and pray, its ammo management too

Flag Post

I hate the accuracy model. The only chance you have of getting a decent shot is to not move while you’re doing it, which is suicide. The ammo management I could deal with, but this just makes range weapons pointless, not to mention the fact that lag glitching makes it hard enough to determine where the enemy is.

Flag Post

I hate it too. plz BHB, reinstate it )=. I might quit too and discourage others at the same time. If you keep making your game worse, i dont want other people to waste their time. Plz, reinstate it.

Flag Post

I was so happy, when i saw that there is a new update on the game. I thought the lags that bugged me so often recently, would be gone now. And that the pictures would change correctly if you pick up another gun. And and and.
So i start the game, join a room. Notice everything’s somehow changed, but can’t describe it, except for the big aiming cross.
Well, nevermind. Locate my enemy. He/she’s not very experienced and just stands that without moving, while shooting at me.
I was jumping around him, trying to hit him with my sniper rifle. Despite the fact that i was really close to him, and he wasnt moving, i missed the first 3 shots. Because everytime i shoot,( althought aimed with the cross on the enemy) the shot comes out, as if im some person that suffers constantly from spasms. That’s not fun :(
I agree with everyone’s post so far. For me ( probably for the most) the worst thing is this new accuracy system.
Please remove this, or alter it. And instead make the game lag-free, as it was before the last 2 or 3 updates. That was so much fun playing. But now it’s getting really annoying.
I don’t know for how long im continue playing this game, if it won’t get better.
I was trying for a few days to get some friends of mine, to try out and play that game, because it’s so awesome.
Now I’m regretting that they couldn’t have seen it, as it was a while ago :(

Flag Post

Spicyhorse thanks the players for all the feedback thus far. Our first interation of these features are not final. We rely on the players to track and help us fine tune it, so that the game play experience is rewarding and fun. As such, we have just released another update (see the updates thread for details).

As always keep the feedback coming and we’ll do our best to keep improving BHB with every update.

Flag Post

The accuracy issue isn’t as bad now, but it still bites. The real solution is to, you know, just remove the accuracy (and obviously the sniper shot speed buff with it). The fundamental problem with an accuracy stat is that it lessens the fluidity of combat that made the game great, the sense of being in constant motion and always trying to out maneuver your enemies. Accuracy encourages players to stand still, meaning a more static, less fun, combat mechanic. Accuracy was a bad call. Just remove it. The other systems seem to be fine, I really like the greatly improved tracking speed and distance on ticket and XP drops because it makes it so you don’t have to stand still to collect those things (see where it’s good because it promotes mobility?), the boosters are a good gold sink (ticket sink) at least, and the increased ammo packs on some maps is a plus too, as well as the new capture point maps.

Now, what you really need to focus on right now, in my opinion, rather than trying to implement new systems that heavily modify the way the game plays (given that the game already played great before the accuracy, and even before the ammo [though ammo is a neat concept I guess]) is fixing bugs. People are still falling through the map, players are still chain-spawning on top of the enemy team, chat scroll is still getting grabbed during play, aimers are still disappearing in games, and the lag is still present.

Flag Post

It feels like my movement speed is way decreased. That’s not fun.

Flag Post

Just logged on after a few weeks off, and the game has changed drastically. Have to press space to jump, there’s some kind of ammo stuff going on, I can’t hit anyone with my weapons, the maps look cluttered. I really enjoyed playing the game to have some simple fun, which seemed to be what the whole point of the thing was from day one: a side-on, slick, retro-feeling, fun and easy shooter.

I waited months for the player numbers to pick up and highlighted my concern with that, and was told that it was being worked on. The problem is it hasn’t picked up in a significant way, you can no longer log on and have a simple, fun match, and there are constant updates that drastically change the state of play. I appreciate that the game is free and the developers have worked extremely hard on it. I would maintain that in terms of quality for a free game it is one of the best out there. However the fundamental problems of glitches, as noted by bloodstar, have not been addressed, and focus seems to be funnelled in the wrong direction (NEW update! NEW weapons! NEW features! NEW UI!!!!!).

So with many thanks to the devs and other players I know who have spoken in this thread, thanks for some good times but I am going to take a lengthy hiatus until there is a more stable build and I can come back feeling confident of relearning the game and not being incapacitated after 3 weeks because of an update.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nightwalker13:

It feels like my movement speed is way decreased. That’s not fun.

They added a weight system, if you use heavier weapons, you’re slower, lighter weapons, you’re faster. I don’t mind that system, I think it’s a good way to balance power weapons with basic weapons.

Flag Post

By the way, check out my stats for today if you want to see how well your new changes have “balanced” the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bloodstar23:

The accuracy issue isn’t as bad now, but it still bites. The real solution is to, you know, just remove the accuracy (and obviously the sniper shot speed buff with it). The fundamental problem with an accuracy stat is that it lessens the fluidity of combat that made the game great, the sense of being in constant motion and always trying to out maneuver your enemies. Accuracy encourages players to stand still, meaning a more static, less fun, combat mechanic. Accuracy was a bad call. Just remove it. The other systems seem to be fine, I really like the greatly improved tracking speed and distance on ticket and XP drops because it makes it so you don’t have to stand still to collect those things (see where it’s good because it promotes mobility?), the boosters are a good gold sink (ticket sink) at least, and the increased ammo packs on some maps is a plus too, as well as the new capture point maps.

Now, what you really need to focus on right now, in my opinion, rather than trying to implement new systems that heavily modify the way the game plays (given that the game already played great before the accuracy, and even before the ammo [though ammo is a neat concept I guess]) is fixing bugs. People are still falling through the map, players are still chain-spawning on top of the enemy team, chat scroll is still getting grabbed during play, aimers are still disappearing in games, and the lag is still present.

I completely agree with bloodstar on this one, please just remove the accuracy system. The game play was much better before!

I should probably post this in the bug section, but is anyone also having issues with the capture point flags not working. Sometimes one of the flags stops working for me, I stand there and nothing happens.