[Dungeon Overlord] Warlocks and research

12 posts

Flag Post

So, if I level up my warlocks, will they research faster? Or will a level 1 warlock research just as fast as, say, a level 20 warlock?

Flag Post
Originally posted by RevWhatever:

So, if I level up my warlocks, will they research faster? Or will a level 1 warlock research just as fast as, say, a level 20 warlock?

Level of warlocks DOES affect research speed

Flag Post

Sweet. Time to go nuts training those little goofballs up.

Flag Post

Heh. I wonder who has the highest level Warlock right now.

Flag Post

around 50 i assume. takes quite a bit of resources to get them there tho.

Flag Post

Well having 2 lvl 16 locks is same as having 1 lock at lvl 31. So having 1 lock lvl 50 is not so good if you have other locks at only 20. So keep your locks at same lvl and you will maximize effect of your resources

Flag Post

Most of my locks are lvl 30-40, won’t lvl them past 40 till all 15 will be lvl 40

Flag Post

Best approach is to concentrate on expanding the library and putting down bookcases, from level 40 onwards, a bookcase is more cost effective assuming you’ve a level 4 or 5 library, which is by far the best and fastest way to go.

Flag Post

there’s a dungeon overlord wiki, stating that level of warlocks doesn’t matter for research. But it also says that library has room for one researcher every four tiles, and this doesn’t seem to be true (on kong version at least) Is this outdated info or just for another version of this game?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sylvan:

there’s a dungeon overlord wiki, stating that level of warlocks doesn’t matter for research. But it also says that library has room for one researcher every four tiles, and this doesn’t seem to be true (on kong version at least) Is this outdated info or just for another version of this game?

I do not know what wiki you use, but official wiki states otherwise:
“Research accumulates at 6 research, per level 1 Warlock, per hour (+20% per Warlock level past 1). Then, it is multiplied by any Research modifiers. You can see the items and upgrades that provide Research modifiers in the Library article.”©
http://forum.nightowlgames.net/dowiki/index.php?title=Research

Flag Post

That’s the Classic server wiki, it’s correct, for the first Facebook server. Horribly dull and broken.

Flag Post

http://forum.nightowlgames.net/dowiki/index.php?title=Research is correct. In the Necropolis world (which is Kongragates only world right now); warlock level matters. and you are also limited with how many warlocks can work in your library at one time based on library level. (more warlocks beyond the indicated number does not help. you are better off increasing the level of your warlocks.).