[Monsters' Den Chronicles] Really getting frustrated.

10 posts

Flag Post

I played through this game months ago and it was really fun and challenging.

I play through it again and I consistantly almost wipe on act 2. With an identical party, building damn near the same.

I don’t know what the Devs did to the undead, but they take almost no damage even from my sorcerer, and they two shot my tanks.

Did they buff the act for early levels? If so well done for fucking the math up that hard.

Flag Post

And why the hell does my inventory keep resetting? I had like 80 items and a Blessed Breastplate that I just lost because Kong’s servers are fucking dumb. First not saving my Kingdom Rush games and now this? Fuck it, armor games it is.

Flag Post

I didn’t change the balance of the game at all. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

As for the second point, it isn’t anything to do with Kongregate. Chrome’s built-in Flash version is broken in the current build. See here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/169-monsters-den-chronicles/topics/295294-serious-problem-missing-inventory?page=1#posts-6319232

Flag Post

I’ll second Messi4hlk. I took my four main heroes through Act 2 again, just to see what he was talking about. Although all of my heroes are past level 10, and all of them wearing the best gear and it’s maximum level, I can verify that Act 2 is harder than it used to be. In fact, the spectres actually killed my Cleric at one point.
I also noticed all of my heroes doing drastically reduced damage to them. My Rogue, who previously would one-hit-kill anything but a very few bosses, takes three hits to kill many of the ghosts in Act 2 now. My Wizard still one hits them, though.

Flag Post

At first I thought that the game, particularly on higher difficulties was far to difficult. As I kept playing I realized that I could go back and do the dungeons over and over and farm drops and gold. I did this enough to upgrade the shops and started getting epic gear. I also reset the characters a few times and gave them the new overpowered items I had gotten…. It’s a long farm fest and I’m not sure if this was the dev’s intention but the game is very playable all the way into extreme act 5… You just need to be willing to put the time in. Thanks for making this game, Garin. Sorry about the scathing comment. :P

Flag Post

when did this game get so damn hard I played it awhile back and it wasn’t too difficult but now im getting pummeled in floor 1 of act 1 on normal difficulty with level 3 characters!!! WTH!!!

Flag Post

I’ve played Act I twice, and then continued on to Act II – all with the same set of 4 characters. My characters are now level 11. I’ve maxed out investment in Emporium Consumables, and much to my dismay… once I purchased ALL available potions from the maxed out consumables category – THAT’S IT. NO MORE POTIONS. So here I am, stuck on the last level of Act II, and I just keep getting annihilated. I have no more healing, rejuvenation, or energy potions left. I AM STUCK. So what am I doing wrong here? Am I screwed? Any thoughts…

Flag Post

@awbalce: didyou try to restock the shop?

Flag Post

@Shelby82 – How does one re-stock the shop? I’ve maxed out the investment in Emporium Consumables.

Flag Post

@Shelby82 – Ahhhh, I figured it out – THANKS Shelby82!!!