[Skyshard Heroes] [Dev] Conquest Season 1 announcement

13 posts

Flag Post

Season 1 will start formally on Thursday Sept. 20. Here’s how it works:
-Every 6 hours you control a tile, your Faction will get 1 Conquest Rating (CR)
-Certain tiles will be worth more than 1 CR. Fortifications will give 5 CR, Guild Halls will give 10 CR, and the Bastion will give 50 CR every 6 hours.
-At the end of the season, the top 3 Factions will get exclusive rewards:
1) Exclusive Conquest Orb, Lens, and Relic
2) Exclusive Conquest Orb and Lens
3) Exclusive Lens

Additionally, all Factions that reach certain point levels (e.g. 500+, 1000+) will receive additional rewards. These rewards are TBD and will be announced later.

To help with balance, the defensive benefits of the Bastion will be reduced. It will provide a 25% bonus to building Health and Tower Attack. There will not be a reset of the map for Conquest Season 1.

Conquest Season 2 will begin one month after Season 1 begins, and will likely see many more significant changes. Future changes we intend to implement for Season 2 will aim to reduce the tedious nature of upgrading tiles by automating upgrades. We will also likely introduce more Strategic Assets into the map, as well as expand the map greatly (once it is less tedious to upgrade).

Flag Post

it looks good to enjoy tile conquest. :D
but i’m worried a little. because people playing this have averted their eyes from here.
i hope more guys feel like playing skyshard heros through patch of upcoming.
and wish to success in FB.

Flag Post

i can understand that the map wont be reset, but how about making all tiles unoccupied? i would like the chaos. and also, would it be possible to make it so that players can’t switch guilds as easily? maybe the CR can be counted per player and if said player leave his/her guild then that guild will lose that player’s CR or something like that?

Flag Post

I agree and don’t agree with Rotaxes :)
Make whole map unoccupied – fun idea. Right now some players haven’t even bothered with conquest, as there was little point to do it. Established guilds in my opinion will do better anyway, as they are organized already, know when who plays, what they can do etc., but letting them keep the tiles would give a jump start that could make people not even bother. And this game badly needs an incentive to start playing both for new players and those that quit or log in just to press another build every few days.

IMO guild jumping shouldn’t be that easy, but keeping points with the player would give them too much power (it’s not about the individuals, but the guild as a whole, after all), because they could greatly influence the overall ranking just before the end by quitting. Think about 2-3 people with a lot of tiles (say 20+ each) quitting just before the end – suddenly you lost points from 60 tiles, even though the tiles are still in the guild.

A simple 24h before you can join a different guild would be great, though. Maybe more for when you disband a guild.

Side question – “every 6h you control a tile” – will this be counted for each tile individually? I mean if I take 3 tiles on, let’s say, 11:30, 11:50 and 12:10 (each time an attack regenerates), will the points be rewarded at 17:30, 17:50 and 18:10 or will it be just “every 6h all tiles award points”?
Both seem plausible, but IMO the second option would both reward better coordination (as it matters when you have the tiles) and would be more clear for all players (and IMO would be also easier maintenance wise, as the function, although running longer, would fire only once, no need to keep individual records for each tile etc.).

Either way good luck with the updates and getting players back.

Flag Post

I didn’t see where (if there was supposed to be) the value was for fort tiles? They count too :P I feel they should be worth a little more like guildhalls and Bastion, though I highly doubt you would’ve cut their value. Besides that, would there happen to be any correlation between how many players are in a guild to how many tiles they have to how many points they get? What I’m saying is that the fuller the guild, the more (possibly) that the guild could own simply because they have more attacks. Even with the debuffs, conventional methods of hero soloing a citadel still work with A) enough attacks or B) strong enough heros. At which point a smaller guild with fewer people couldn’t possibly be as effective because they lack attacks (even without debuffs, then there’s the matter of defending tiles). So perhaps, possibly a system to reward more compact guilds rather than just always aiming for the most ferociously large and grotesque guilds possible? It’s just an opinion, not a need, but for balancing issues anyways. I do run my own solo guild, and eventually I’ll grow outwards a bit more, but just throwing a bone out there for newer players and other solo guild owners like Migo from the BIG BANG guild.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tails101:

At which point a smaller guild with fewer people couldn’t possibly be as effective because they lack attacks (even without debuffs, then there’s the matter of defending tiles). So perhaps, possibly a system to reward more compact guilds rather than just always aiming for the most ferociously large and grotesque guilds possible?

i don’t follow your logic at all. biggest, most active guild should have better chance at winning, this is a multiplayer game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rotaxes:

At which point a smaller guild with fewer people couldn’t possibly be as effective because they lack attacks (even without debuffs, then there’s the matter of defending tiles). So perhaps, possibly a system to reward more compact guilds rather than just always aiming for the most ferociously large and grotesque guilds possible?

i don’t follow your logic at all. biggest, most active guild should have better chance at winning, this is a multiplayer game.

They do, and I’m not saying that it should be a big penalty, but what I’m saying is that with guilds as large as they are right now, newer people won’t be able to get in as well as the fact that any smaller guild (even if successful in getting more than say 40 tiles) doesn’t really compete in score with some other guild with over 100 or 200 even. I’m just trying to point out that the differences between the largest and smallest at this point in time of the game seems too great and need to be abridged somehow.

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

Season 1 will start formally on -Certain tiles will be worth more than 1 CR. Guild Halls will give 5 CR, and the Bastion will give 15 CR every 6 hours.

Guild Halls = 10
Fortifications = 5
Bastion = 50

Flag Post

This season update doesn’t look good. only what’s different without cp. is that all?

Flag Post

Possibly bugged? Not giving points for tiles that we’ve had since before the conquest season started?

Flag Post
Originally posted by rotaxes:

They do, and I’m not saying that it should be a big penalty, but what I’m saying is that with guilds as large as they are right now, newer people won’t be able to get in as well as the fact that any smaller guild (even if successful in getting more than say 40 tiles) doesn’t really compete in score with some other guild with over 100 or 200 even. I’m just trying to point out that the differences between the largest and smallest at this point in time of the game seems too great and need to be abridged somehow.

I agree 100%; although I would like to note that in every game and even in life, everything is like this. if you’re saying there should be more incentives for new players, i think that’s game developing 101. so, i believe that devs are putting their 100% for that

Flag Post

Btw, Syn, could we know the stats of the exclusive stuff? o.o It would be really nice, to know what we’re competing for, and to know if it’s worth buying another lens or waiting for the end of the season. >.>

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:
and the Bastion will give 15 CR every 6 hours.

Why do you lie to us? :(