[Battle Storm]heres how to become a pro:

6 posts

Flag Post

EDIT
Since recent patches and weapon balances very little of this information is still relevant, you have been warned.

ok since im in the top 10 players the number one top rated player the booted out, now second place player :( now i figured im “allowed” to write a guide…
heres what you need:
some time to play
godlike internet
a decent computer
a mouse <—- VERY IMPORTANT
and some irl money helps but is not necessary

now when you start, you notice that you have an assualt rifle and a pistol. the pistol seems bad at first because you notice that the rifle shoots 4 shots in the same time you shoot one with the pistol. however, it does higher damage and the projectile is very quick (and therefore easy to hit with) but heres a protip: you can instantly switch weapons. so try this: hold down the mouse button with the rifle, and every .6 seconds switch to pistol and then quickly switch back to rifle. now, you get full damage from the assualt rifle, plus extra burst damage from the pistol. notice that if you use this strategy (and you have halfway decent aim) you can easily beat anyone else using only 1 weapon at a time, even if they are using expensive weapons like the rocket launcher, if they ONLY use the rocket launcher you can still beat them. its very nice how this game was made, its more balanced than even a lot of huge games like battlefield play4free, or also little flash games like TDP4.

now, the flack gun is one of the best weapons in the game, and you can get it early for only 4000 monies, so get it and swap it out for your pistol. trust me, all the best players use it. it has quite a long range, it hits hard, and it bounces so you can shoot around corners. its also a good idea to pick up a second ability. the minor heal/shield are both a good idea. i prefer the heal only because hp is permanent and shields are temporary, but some like the shield (because it gives you more defense) and some like to have both. i recommend sticking to just the basic speed boost though instead of heal and shield because its very helpful. you can cap flags with it, dodge bullets, confuse enemies, and of course escape with it. in the end its saved my ass a lot more times than shield ever would have.

now you can choose between weapons in armor. the squire armor is fine to get, and its very cheap, but if you ever want better armor you cant sell the squire armor so it will take longer. i suggest getting the Cyborg armor, since health and damage stats are the most important imo and this set gives you pretty decent in both of these, and its reasonably priced as well. as a comparison, the best armor sets in the game give a total of roughly 20 stat points, cyborg armor costs practically half as much and gives a total of 18 stat points. so no, its not the BEST armor, but its pretty good and its affordable.

as for weapons, i suggest you get a good weapon before armor. while its better to have a good armor set, flack, and the assault rifle than it is to have training armor and rocket and flack, keep in mind that the full armor set is considerably more expensive. thus it makes sense to get the weapon first, then the armor. so now you ask what weapon? well, here are some weapons in order of how good they are.

best to worst:
rocket
magnum
freeze gun
flack
assault rifle
shotgun
uzi

guns not included i have never seen, or cant really rate because i have seen them so rarely

so anyway there ya go, hope it helps. im might update this in the future.

Flag Post

Impressive tips, Even if it IS outdated.

Flag Post

I don’t got a mouse and i’m still mostly at the top.

Flag Post

radialace, I agree with you on all points EXCEPT for the fact of the Uzi being the worst weapon— I’ve used it over and over and honestly consider it to be one of the best weapons in the game. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArtixBot:

radialace, I agree with you on all points EXCEPT for the fact of the Uzi being the worst weapon— I’ve used it over and over and honestly consider it to be one of the best weapons in the game. :D

If you read the first couple lines it says “Since recent patches and weapon balances very little of this information is still relevant, you have been warned.” Before the Uzi used to be pretty bad, but it got it’s damage and range buffed after i wrote this.

Flag Post

Oh, true. Sorry. :D

By the way, my favorite weapon combo (so far) is uzi and flack cannon.