Burst is excited to announce the newest update to WarMage Battlegrounds. Highlights include a new loot system, artifacts, spells, and more!
Release Notes for Beta Version 1.11.2
- The New WarMage reward has been changed to 250 gold and 3 mystery items.
- The Tutorial Completion Achievement reward has been changed to 250 gold and 2 mystery items.
- The free gift given to new accounts is now 100 Burst Coins.
Release Notes for Beta Version 1.11.2
- Some Dwarven banners were temporarily corrupted by Evil; that has now been corrected.
- The Minotaur Charger’s Charge ability has been corrected to only give a chance of an extra turn; not to guarantee an extra turn.
- Thicket spell has been changed to 150 mana.
- All early Beta teleport spells’ mana costs have been raised to match the spell formula.
- The default 2-player unranked battleground is now Tattershire instead of Heronfield.
- Removed lag experienced when updating battle configurations.
- The Extreme difficulty warning is now at the top of descriptions.
- Tutorial Window can now be dragged and repositioned by players.
- Removed the WarMage Battlegrounds version from the Burst Bar.
- Battle Unit examine window now always defaults to Battle Stats.
- Removed auto-switching players to the Battle Channel.
- Fixed an issue that caused some WarMages to not display in the WarMages Online window.
Release Notes for Beta Version 1.11.1
- The Tutorial will now start properly regardless of location of units.
- The Summon Orc War Chiefs spell tooltip now correctly states that it is Summon Orc War Chiefs and not Summon Cyclops.
- When playing solo battles, the default chat channel is now the Lobby. To change your chat channel, select the down arrow next to the current channel.
- The FADE CHAT option is now set to OFF by default for new accounts. To enable, go to OPTIONS and uncheck FADE CHAT.
- The store no longer reverts to the REWARDS tab after you’ve redeemed one and then buy something on another tab.
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to be unable to view a region’s challenge window if they completed all bounties of one game mode.
Release Notes for Beta Version 1.11
New Features & Content
- Loot: When exploring or defending, it is now possible to discover loot rewards when an entire squad of enemy units is destroyed. Loot rewards may have gold, scrolls, or artifacts. Loot rewards are available on Difficult and Extreme difficulty settings only.
- New Spells: Deep Shadow, Summon Cyclops, Summon Goblin Scramblers, Summon Orc Raiders, and Summon Orc War Chiefs spells are available for rent and for purchase.
- New Items: New artifacts and scrolls have been added. (See next post for details.)
- Battlegrounds Mode: Ranked Battle Daily Bounty rewards have increased. A cut-throat, 3-player, free-for-all battleground is now open in Southern Vale. Cut-Throat, free-for-all battles can be found in the Casual Battle Queue by selecting CREATE A BATTLE and choosing a battleground labeled Cut-Throat.
- Tutorial: New players are automatically placed in the Tutorial after creating their first WarMage. A new achievement for completing the Tutorial has been added and rewards handsomely. Terrain on the Tutorial battleground has been modified slightly. Tutorial copy has been updated and now includes basic images to assist new players.
Battle Unit Updates
- The Lycan Alpha is now 50bp (down from 60bp) and health has been increased to 190 (up from 160).
- Blazing Barrier now costs 450 mana, down from 480.
- Blizzard now costs 510 mana, down from 570.
- Bonefence now costs 210 mana, down from 240.
- Bunnifrication now costs 720 mana, down from 750.
- Clear Ground now costs 210 mana, up from 180.
- Clear Skies now costs 210 mana, up from 180.
- Cover of Night now costs 240 mana, up from 150.
- Crawling Flame now costs 480 mana, down from 510.
- Earthquake now costs 420 mana, down from 480.
- Fortress now costs 180 mana, up from 150.
- Magic Shelter now costs 180 mana, up from 150.
- Meteor Storm now costs 390 mana, down from 420.
- Mists of Lycanthropy now costs 420 mana, up from 260.
- Poison Cloud now costs 450 mana, down from 480.
- Standing Wave now costs 330 mana, down from 360.
- Stonewall now costs 210 mana, up from 180.
- Summon Lycan Assassins now costs 780 mana, down from 810.
- Summon Lycan Alphas now 780 mana, down from 810.
- Thicket now costs 90 mana, down from 210.
- Thorny Vines now costs 390 mana, down from 570.
- Tornado now costs 360 mana, down from 420.
- Tremor now costs 270 mana, down from 300.
- Tsunami now costs 570 mana, up from 510.
- Common Mana Glyph now adds 10 mana per turn. Rare Mana Glyph now adds 12 mana per turn. Legendary Mana Glyph is unchanged.
- Battle Unit tooltips have been updated to provide more information quickly.
- Units are now only teleported if they stop on a teleporter. Being tackled on a teleporter does not currently teleport you. This will be changed in a future update.
- Physical Vulnerability effect increased from 150% to 250%.
- Ranged units can now attack into a LOS blocking hex that they are directly next to.
- If a player has a reward to claim, opening the Store will default to the REWARDS tab.
- Extreme challenges now have a special warning in their description.
- Solo challenges no longer have a turn time for the human player.
- The in-game “How to Play” section has been updated to provide more information regarding game play.
- The game server now has a lore appropriate name.
- AI WarMages no longer know the location of traps placed by opponents.
- Zombie Shambler’s Double Smash corrected to 100% chance of crushing damage and 50% chance of internal damage (instead of 50% chance of crushing damage and 100% chance of internal damage).
- WarMages’ names in the Social window now properly sort alphabetically.
- Sorting by last played in the Social window now works properly.
- Co-op defend challenges now properly list their participants in the Active Battles tab of the Social window.
- The achievements for 10, 25, 50, and 100 victories in Defend and Explore Modes now properly count wins.
- During the placement phase of the Tutorial, it is possible to place units in locations that may cause the Tutorial to not start properly. This will be fixed in a future update. Until then, leave units in their default placement locations to complete the Tutorial and earn your achievement.
- Summon Orc War Chiefs spell mislabeled with Summon Cyclops text in the battle mouse over. This will be fixed in a future update.