[Dungeon Overlord] Boost Stripping

64 posts

Flag Post

I know we’re in beta and all, but was pretty surprised that your patch today to the store also removed all of the boosts that we had already purchased. Can we at least get the coins back?

Flag Post

Same here, as Boost do stack and there was no ahead warning about update it looks like planned cheating from Devs’ side. Verrrry disappointing. I guess we can keep this situation as warning to not buy boosts at all from now on….

Flag Post

yeah, all my boosts disappered and now, if you want new one, they gave 25% more for a lil 700% raise in price… Why does those kind of game become so much greedy and why does Kong approved that…

Honestly, you guys should be ashamed of it.

Flag Post

i 2nd that.. i had over ~3 weeks boost remaining on dungeonville purchase..

Flag Post

Your previous Boosts should all still be applied. They won’t show up in the Store as active, since the 25% Boosts aren’t available for purchase any longer. However, you should still be seeing an increased rate on the items you have purchased Boosts for.

If you feel that you’re certain there is an issue with your purchases, please let Support know. You can reach Support by emailing them directly at support@nightowlgames.net

Flag Post

Thanks for the quick clarification!

Flag Post

and wow the new prices are too high. holy crap. you need to fix that.

Flag Post

Yeah, harder to imagine ever buying boosts at this price :/

Flag Post

The new boost prices are way way too high, I seriously doubt I’ll bother spending money on them again.

Flag Post

The new Boosts and packages offer a higher value. Like the game itself, the Store is also in Beta, and not a final decision.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

The new Boosts and packages offer a higher value. Like the game itself, the Store is also in Beta, and not a final decision.

they were changed to offer double the value (50% increase instead of 25%) for quadruple the price. no thanks.

Flag Post

The team felt the value of increasing it to 50% from 25% justified more than just simply scaling the price. The value of getting an additional 50% of the base production was far greater than just 25%.

However, your constructive feedback and suggestions are very important. So, I will definitely be passing on the player sentiments and reactions!

Flag Post

Michael, Sep 25 11:53 am (CDT):
Hello Sylvain,
Thank you for contacting us about the Boost issue that you reported.
I would like to clarify that the Boosts are not gone from the account. I can confirm that the following Boosts are still active on your account, as they show in the account records server-side:
Crystal Mining Boost – Expires 9/25
Iron Mining Boost – Expires 9/25
Gold Mining Boost – Expires 9/26
Extra Goblin – Expires 10/3
Primordial Mining Boost – Expires 9/26
Overlord’s Assistant – Expires 10/19
Research Production Boost – Expires 9/26
Remote Mining Boost – Expires 9/28
Leather Raiding Boost – Expires 10/1
Additionally, there was a forum post made by our Community Representative that clarifies this issue further. You can find that here:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/200-dungeon-overlord/topics/300240-boost-stripping (Check the 5th post on that page)
Account research shows no error in these Boosts being applied and still active on the account, so there is nothing to correct.
Regards,
Michael

This is bullshit. How come does it takes 14h to collect 500 crystal (remote mining) when it was taking about 9-10h before that patch.
How come my research points on my main dongeon was 121 before patch and 97 after patch.

I am very not happy right now, seeing how you deal those thing.

Check you stuff correctly and gave me what i should have.

Flag Post

The value of getting an additional 50% of the base production was far greater than just 25%.

Actually, it is just double in an entirely linear function. I’m sure the decrease in revenue per player will provide the feedback the developers were seeking, but it general it feels like you trying to increase the differential between high-paying players and everyone else. And the reaction you’re getting right now is from K+ players who are among the small percentage of users here who open wallets.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotoxy:

Michael, Sep 25 11:53 am (CDT):
Hello Sylvain,
Thank you for contacting us about the Boost issue that you reported.
I would like to clarify that the Boosts are not gone from the account. I can confirm that the following Boosts are still active on your account, as they show in the account records server-side:
Crystal Mining Boost – Expires 9/25
Iron Mining Boost – Expires 9/25
Gold Mining Boost – Expires 9/26
Extra Goblin – Expires 10/3
Primordial Mining Boost – Expires 9/26
Overlord’s Assistant – Expires 10/19
Research Production Boost – Expires 9/26
Remote Mining Boost – Expires 9/28
Leather Raiding Boost – Expires 10/1
Additionally, there was a forum post made by our Community Representative that clarifies this issue further. You can find that here:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/200-dungeon-overlord/topics/300240-boost-stripping (Check the 5th post on that page)
Account research shows no error in these Boosts being applied and still active on the account, so there is nothing to correct.
Regards,
Michael

This is bullshit. How come does it takes 14h to collect 500 crystal (remote mining) when it was taking about 9-10h before that patch.
How come my research points on my main dongeon was 121 before patch and 97 after patch.

I am very not happy right now, seeing how you deal those thing.

Check you stuff correctly and gave me what i should have.

agreed. my research dropped right after the update i dont care what they are trying to tell me. They are wrong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gmdclark:

The value of getting an additional 50% of the base production was far greater than just 25%.

Actually, it is just double in an entirely linear function. I’m sure the decrease in revenue per player will provide the feedback the developers were seeking, but it general it feels like you trying to increase the differential between high-paying players and everyone else. And the reaction you’re getting right now is from K+ players who are among the small percentage of users here who open wallets.

Paying a bit for a small boost is fine. paying alot for a large boost is NOT. If you charge double for a way bigger boost, but less than 20% of the old people agree with the new rates, do you make or lose money/customers/players?

Flag Post

Also Permanent +4 Crafting Queue update per dungeon is gone without compensation through it was bought as Permanent update and not temporary boost. And try now to tell this in some hidden calculations and not Devs’ cheating!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Andrudis:

Also Permanent +4 Crafting Queue update per dungeon is gone without compensation through it was bought as Permanent update and not temporary boost. And try now to tell this in some hidden calculations and not Devs’ cheating!!!

I am going to write petition to kong support asking to take measures against such cheating. Taking money for Permanent updated and then stripping them as you like without warning and/or compensation is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. That update WAS sold as Permanent so I have right to demand it be Permanent or get my money back.

Flag Post

If your Boosts and Store items are truly missing we will get it taken care of. It definitely was not our intention. We will be actively looking into this, and resolving it for you as soon as possible.

Flag Post

The team identified the issue with the boosts that had been purchased prior to the update to the store. All of your Boosts are still active, this issue is with the communication between the Server and the Client.

Basically, the Server is where all the game information is stored, and the Client displays that information to you, in a nice package.

The Server recognizes your Boosts and is applying them to you accordingly. However, the Client is not displaying that they exist, because, as far as it knows, they don’t.

This means that, even though your Production Rates may appear less, they really are producing at the higher rate, because the Server is what determines that. This ends up being a bigger deal for things like the +4 Crafting Queue. Even though the Server knows it’s there, the Client does not, and won’t let you use something it doesn’t think exists.

The team worked on a fix for this last night, and it is currently being tested. We should be able to deploy this fix shortly, and your Boosts, purchased before the update, will once again display correctly.

Flag Post

I can see that my RP/hour did raise and all seems fine.
I can see that my remote mining time seems ok.

I Cant remember if my remote mining took as long as it was saying tho, guess i have to trust you on that and on the other fact that they were really applied on the server. This could had been easy see if we had a summary of all our dungeon. IE: D1: +97RP, D2: +60RP, D2: +40RP Total RP: +197. So collect, wait 1 hour and see the diff between each.

Thank you to had take the time to check it out and i really want that summary report for all resources incomes.

Flag Post

I’ll definitely make that suggestion to the team. Glad to hear things look like they’re as they should be. If you feel like there are any discrepancies, you can let Support know! support@nightowlgames.net

Flag Post

I am sorry, but i call bullcrap. I will tell you why.

You originally offered either +3 goblins per dungeon, or a starter pack, which had +25 tiles, and plus 3 goblins per dungeon.

This has now been changed, to +1 goblin per dungeon. I would accept the change going forward, except for one thing. You have removed the +2 goblins for the dungeons this upgrade was already purchased for. There was no warning of this, no noticification, nor any indication that you REMOVED SOMETHING ALREADY PURCHASED. you cant do that.

That is stealing.

Return my extra goblins. Or refund my money. NOW.

Flag Post

so if you did that, why would i believe your nonsense on “you were getting the bonus but it wasnt showing?” I dont.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharkhunter:

I am sorry, but i call bullcrap. I will tell you why.

You originally offered either +3 goblins per dungeon, or a starter pack, which had +25 tiles, and plus 3 goblins per dungeon.

This has now been changed, to +1 goblin per dungeon. I would accept the change going forward, except for one thing. You have removed the +2 goblins for the dungeons this upgrade was already purchased for. There was no warning of this, no noticification, nor any indication that you REMOVED SOMETHING ALREADY PURCHASED. you cant do that.

That is stealing.

Return my extra goblins. Or refund my money. NOW.

and i mean all of it. if you are changing purchased upgrades after they have been bought, permanent ones, that means no one is safe from anything here. If you are going to use the excuse its a beta, fine, i will ask Emily and Jim to shut down all purchases for betas if developers can do this. You are changing the terms of an agreement.