[Battle Storm]Patch Notes - 9-25-2012

25 posts

Flag Post

- Games can now start with uneven team sizes.
- Rating requirements can now be specified when creating a rated game.
- Rapid Launcher will no longer damage yourself.
- Rapid Launcher speed increased from 600-800 to 1200.
- Rapid Launcher distance increased from 400 to 550.
- Average Barrier cooldown decreased from 20 to 15.
- Major Barrier cooldown decreased from 30 to 20.
- Average Heal cooldown decreased from 20 to 15.
- Major Heal cooldown decreased from 30 to 20.
- Blink teleport distance increased from 250 to 300.
- Uzi Distance changed from 200-250 to 225.

Flag Post

Hey thanks for those great changes :)

Just one thing: rated games should be able to be started with 3 players for 1v2s. I tryed it but it said need at least 4 players ^^
ALso, it should be possible to close a slot… because people constantly join making it hard to start a 1v2

Flag Post

hmmm…. i think this slightly detracts from the “balance” of the game… but honestly the non minor heals/shields were kinda bad so I think this overall might be a good change.

Flag Post

maybe make uzis range longer instead of decreasing it? like 300 range but damage reduced to 90-140? would surely balance game out. now its just like if you catch someone with uzi you win- if you dont you lose.due -35min and -10 max damage would take longer to kill opponnents from upclose and could be easier to catch opponents with 300 range.fair balance i believe.

Flag Post

i have to disagree here. If you increase Uzi range and decrease damage then its gonna be really similar to assault rifle. We want diversity in weapons. Uzi is made to be an high damage low range weapon.

Flag Post

you want low range? well what about close combat weapons?however this wouldn’t fit the game at all since its kind of technologic style..nobody doesn’t swing knives,clubs or mauls anymore.however you could make some short range weapons like electroshock[paralyzes enemy for long time,deals some minor damage-300range] or flamethrower-can burn enemies making them suffer damage over time however only 150 range.. idk you can suggest.maybe also somekind transparent equippable shield like western countries officers use in protests?

Flag Post

no need to add more close range weapons, we already have the Uzi.

Flag Post

whoah.. single close range weapon. what a great selection we have.actually we don’t have

Flag Post

Yep we agree, the game does not have many short range weapons, hence why your idea of turning the UZI into a long range weapon is stupid…

If you think the UZI is too powerfull (it might be), then nerf it, but i don’t think totally reworking it is a good idea. I think its fine for the game to have both short and long range weapons, adds strategy to the game.

Flag Post

i do not think its too powerful. its decent.. k nevermind i give up you won.il try to avoid forums.

Flag Post

there is another close range the shotgun
:-)

Flag Post

Yes but the shotgun is so bad that i didn’t even include it lol

The Shotgun’s average damage is like 3x smaller than Uzi’s, and the range is generally smaller, and its harder to use.

Flag Post

um… shotgun can 2 shot kill anyone, and so can flak cannon, so if you shoot someone with both at the same time you basically have a 1 shot kill gun with a 1.25 second cooldown

shotgun is really good, you just suck

Flag Post
Originally posted by radicalace:

um… shotgun can 2 shot kill anyone, and so can flak cannon, so if you shoot someone with both at the same time you basically have a 1 shot kill gun with a 1.25 second cooldown

No, shotgun sucks. Maybe not as bad as the way Passion describes it, but it’s pretty bad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by radicalace:

Way to say i “suck” when i’m considered by many as the best player in the game.

Shotgun/flak combo might seem good in theory, but in a real game you will get destroyed if you do that. For the combo to work, you really need to one hit kill, since if you fail, then the ennemy has all the time in the world to end you. You need all bullets to hit, so you need to get really close, and you need decent luck with the rolls (if you get bad damage rolls, the ennemy might not die), and hope the other guy doesnt use a shield!

The Uzi deals on average 1718 damage per second (if you have no damage ugrades).
With better range, much better dps, and easier to use, its an easy choice.

Flag Post

although i agree to passions points i disagree you’re the best player? who said so? maybe you are one of like.. 10 best players..but really not first and do not even get in the top 5.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ragefang:

although i agree to passions points i disagree you’re the best player? who said so? maybe you are one of like.. 10 best players..but really not first and do not even get in the top 5.

IMO, top 2 players is multikill then quizicals, not sure who else for 3rd.

Flag Post

I am multikill just in case this is not clear.
I am curious to see who are the 5 players better than me.

I kinda agree with sonofhades, but i do not include andrea since he doesn’t play anymore.

ALso i didn’t play with max enough to truly judge him, but he seemed good.

Flag Post

quiz? you kidding.. he looks tough just due cyborg set and stealth..even i am more skilled than him.

Flag Post

no what makes quiz difficult is if he manage to freeze you, your dead. So in a 1v1 situation he can be deadly. But as a whole, in a team game, i don’t think he is the best.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xPassionx:

no what makes quiz difficult is if he manage to freeze you, your dead. So in a 1v1 situation he can be deadly. But as a whole, in a team game, i don’t think he is the best.

1v1, I cannot even fight against him.
However, in Ranked CTF, he really screwed me over because while another pro pwned my allies, whenever people got through [Such as me], he would be waiting next to the flag somewhere, freeze you before you could react and kill you. Because the other player was good, it was rare that we had 2 people go through and so we pretty much lost that game entirely after the 5 minute mark when we lost grip on the game. [4v2].

Flag Post

he also did that cloaked freeze thing to me, its actually pretty hard to counter.

Flag Post

yeah its really great in ctf, he can just wait it out nearby the enemy base, then kill someone and then run out with the flag

Flag Post

Anyone got any suggestions for a Deathmatch or
a Team Deathmatch weapon(s)/abilities combination?

Flag Post

flak+rocket? I dunno, really depends on map