[Dungeon Overlord] Bugs i found

26 posts

Flag Post

1. When u have a creature dead but u are reviving it, and u switch dungeon, each time to get back to your dungeon with the reviving creature, you get the boring message that one of your creature need to be revive.

2. When opening the creature window, the information show isnt the one of the Selected Creature. (Each time you open it, the goblins are selected but it seems it show the information of the last time you check it)

3. Often in the Dungeon overview, i get some null string for information about what is happening. IE: Mining null null in (“locationName”)

4. The Dungeon overview refresh really sucks. Often it is not working or take several minutes to complete. (Take more time over time so if i relog, it goes fast)

5. Switching dungeon often make the Alliance chat to clear out. If i switch back dungeon, i get the chat back. IE: I type hello all, Dud1 reply Yo man. If i switch dungeon, ill see no lines, if i switch to an other dungeon, ill see it again. So far it doesnt seems to be dungeon related but loading related.

Not bug but really “bugging” heheh
1. Remote mining always select the first dungeon in the list and it happen often that i click ok without changing for the good dungeon. If it would auto select the nearest dungeon, that would easily solve the issue. I guess im not alone, but my instinct, when in a mountain that i have a dungeon in, tell me that i am automaticaly using that dungeon to do remote mining.

2. Same as 1 but for raid.

Flag Post

>>>3. Often in the Dungeon overview, i get some null string for information about what is happening.
This is information about remote mining only in my case.

>>>>5. Switching dungeon often make the Alliance chat to clear out
Confirm the same after patch

6. The you go to Battle Report for the first time battles are sorted descending by date, but as new battles come in and you open Battle reports again you need to click Date manually to sort correctly. Expected behavior: battles are always sorted by Date each time when you open Battle Reports.

Flag Post

Dungeon Overview often get totaly black. Having to switch tab several time seems to help to be repaint correctly

Flag Post

Support cannot address your issues on the Forum, but you are welcome to open a ticket with them directly at support@nightowlgames.net. They will be able to troubleshoot with you, have an individual dialogue, and work with account level tools, to assist you with any bugs or game-play issues.

You can get full details on how to report bugs from the Welcome Thread

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

Support cannot address your issues on the Forum, but you are welcome to open a ticket with them directly at support@nightowlgames.net. They will be able to troubleshoot with you, have an individual dialogue, and work with account level tools, to assist you with any bugs or game-play issues.

You can get full details on how to report bugs from the Welcome Thread

Nevermind then, do you debugging alone. Damn so complicated dealing with NightOwl

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotoxy:

1. When u have a creature dead but u are reviving it, and u switch dungeon, each time to get back to your dungeon with the reviving creature, you get the boring message that one of your creature need to be revive.

That notification is mostly to make you aware of the fact that you have a dead Creature. I will suggest that we either change the wording, after you have begun the Revive, or that, if possible, the message no longer appears have the Revive has begun.

2. When opening the creature window, the information show isnt the one of the Selected Creature. (Each time you open it, the goblins are selected but it seems it show the information of the last time you check it)

This is a known issue. We will hopefully have a fix for it soon.

3. Often in the Dungeon overview, i get some null string for information about what is happening. IE: Mining null null in (“locationName”)

This is also a known issue. We hope to have it resolved in a future update.

4. The Dungeon overview refresh really sucks. Often it is not working or take several minutes to complete. (Take more time over time so if i relog, it goes fast)

Are you referring to the refresh that takes place after you watch a Battle Playback, or after an Attack lands?

5. Switching dungeon often make the Alliance chat to clear out. If i switch back dungeon, i get the chat back. IE: I type hello all, Dud1 reply Yo man. If i switch dungeon, ill see no lines, if i switch to an other dungeon, ill see it again. So far it doesnt seems to be dungeon related but loading related.

That is an intermittent issue, and not one we can fully reproduce on our side. Does this happen for you every time you switch Dungeons?

Not bug but really “bugging” heheh

1. Remote mining always select the first dungeon in the list and it happen often that i click ok without changing for the good dungeon. If it would auto select the nearest dungeon, that would easily solve the issue. I guess im not alone, but my instinct, when in a mountain that i have a dungeon in, tell me that i am automaticaly using that dungeon to do remote mining.

2. Same as 1 but for raid.

I will suggest both of those to the team.

Dungeon Overview often get totaly black. Having to switch tab several time seems to help to be repaint correctly

Where is this happening? We have had reports that, from the Overworld, the terrain is black, and the assets appear discolored. Is this the same thing, or are you experiencing a different situation?

Thanks!
Pellets

Flag Post
Originally posted by Andrudis:

>>>3. Often in the Dungeon overview, i get some null string for information about what is happening.

Do you experience the issue where you are told there is “null” regarding Remote Mining, in the Overlord’s Ledger, from within the Info tab, on the Event’s Log, or somewhere else?

>>>>5. Switching dungeon often make the Alliance chat to clear out
Confirm the same after patch

Is this on every Dungeon change? We need to determine the specific situations it’s happening in, as it doesn’t seem to be a consistent issue for us.

6. The you go to Battle Report for the first time battles are sorted descending by date, but as new battles come in and you open Battle reports again you need to click Date manually to sort correctly. Expected behavior: battles are always sorted by Date each time when you open Battle Reports.

I will let the team know this is happening, and if it’s unintended, they will work to resolve it, otherwise, I will suggest it works they way you expect.

Thanks!
Pellets

Flag Post

Do you experience the issue where you are told there is “null” regarding Remote Mining, in the Overlord’s Ledger, from within the Info tab, on the Event’s Log, or somewhere else?

Only in the Overlord’s Ledger, from within the Info tab

Flag Post

I’ve noticed a lot of images don’t appear, mostly furniture, but goblins are often affected. I’m looking at my dungeon right now and none of the furniture I’ve placed is showing up.

Flag Post

Okay, I know I just posted, but this is a bigger issue than invisible goblins, why do I have 7 storage crates? I only crafted 1 and I have no record of receiving any, but I have 7, and I don’t know why.

Flag Post

Good day everyone! The Crystal boost quest seems to be broken. I purchased the boost, but it is not registered as completed, however 6 golden coins are lost and mining effect applied. Restarting the game does nothing.

Flag Post

I have the same issue with the crystal boost. I did it twice in 2 different ways and it didn’t work.

Flag Post

Darkb34, that just means your assets haven’t fully loaded. They are still recognized as being part of your Dungeon, and are playing their role. That goes for Goblins as well.

As for your other issue. I am unsure of that. However, if you have done any Raiding of Elven Settlements, you may have obtained them there. If you look through your Battle Reports, you can see what you’ve looted, or what the Elves drop on their retaliations. If you need further details, Support can look at your account directly. support@nightowlgames.net

Dawnwarrior11422 and Othershadows, I will ask the team to look into the issue. For now, if you contact support, they will be able to complete the quest manually, so you can continue progressing. support@nightowlgames.net

Flag Post

Darkb34, that just means your assets haven’t fully loaded. They are still recognized as being part of your Dungeon, and are playing their role. That goes for Goblins as well.

As for your other issue. I am unsure of that. However, if you have done any Raiding of Elven Settlements, you may have obtained them there. If you look through your Battle Reports, you can see what you’ve looted, or what the Elves drop on their retaliations. If you need further details, Support can look at your account directly. support@nightowlgames.net

Dawnwarrior11422 and Othershadows, I will ask the team to look into the issue. For now, if you contact support, they will be able to complete the quest manually, so you can continue progressing. support@nightowlgames.net

Pellets, the storage crate issue he is desribing is a repeating issue. It has happened to me several times, however I am not able to figure out how to recreate it at will. Usually you make something, pick a spot to pick “place furniture” from the list, and place it.

rarely, the furniture will place, yet still show in your storage, often multiplying. However, if you refresh the window, all the extras will be gone.

Another small bug is:

If i sell a mining tile leaving a hallway, and then try to place a trap, the trap/furniture screen will show no items

If i then refresh, i can go to the hallway tile and place the trap correctly.

FYI

Flag Post

I don’t think we have any information on the Storage Crate issue, I will work to reproduce it, but any other information you can provide would be great!

The other issue, with selling Mine Tiles, and then attempting to place a Trap, on the existing Hallway Tile, is a known issue. I was just discussing that one with the team this morning, and they plan to work on a fix for it shortly.

Flag Post

i have experienced the bug darkb34 has aswell from time to time. it seems its merely a display issue, but an annoying one.

basically, you craft an item, say an elemental cube or a storage crate, or something like that. it goes and nicely finishes, then you try to place it. you open the menu, and all of a sudden you have X of that furniture, or rather so it wants you to believe, by displaying (usually) a number between 5 and 10. however, once you try to place it, usually only the “real” one will get placed, and after that it will trigger an error until you reload. however, in rare cases it won’t place ANYTHING at all, untill you reload, and when that happens i also have gotten (but not all the time) that the piece of furniture is getting “recrafted” (timer for crafting is back, even although it should have finished already)

Flag Post

So, that is probably a red herring for something else that is actually causing the error. I know it’s not easy, but if there are any other details you can provide when it happens, it might help. Do you have anything else going on? Things like Shipping, Training, Spawning, other items Crafting, Raids, any other activities in that Dungeon?

Flag Post

not that i can think of right now, altho i usually have shipping going 24/7… if i have the bug happen again ill pay attention to that.

Flag Post

1) Alliance editing is broken
It is currently impossible for me, my alliance members, aswell as other alliances to edit, kick and accept members. This means we have basically no control over what is going on inside the alliance.
the edit button next to a members name at this moment it does not respond to anything.
The edit permissions button is there, but when clicked does not respond.
the menu to switch to invites/applications/members is completely gone.

this bug is BACK!

Flag Post

Magnitudem, have you tried clearing cache recently? whenever we have an update or hotfix (as was the case yesterday afternoon), the cache can cause some stuff not to display or work propperly.

Here is a link how to clear cache and cookies:
https://nightowlgames.zendesk.com/entries/20502058-how-can-i-clear-my-browser-cache-temporary-internet-files

and as always, for direct help and support, please contact: support@nightowlgames.net

Flag Post

The issue with Alliance profiles should now be fixed. If you do not notice the change immediately, you may need to clear your browser cache, and reload the game. If you need the specifics on clearing your cache, you can find those here

Flag Post

Only in the Overlord’s Ledger, from within the Info tab

New version of this bug is during selling:
http://clip2net.com/s/2mG5p

Flag Post

This is still in the Overlord’s Ledger, though? Looks like when someone buys from you, on the Regional Market?

Flag Post

The issue with Alliance profiles should now be fixed. If you do not notice the change immediately, you may need to clear your browser cache, and reload the game. If you need the specifics on clearing your cache, you can find those here

thank you. this is/was by far the most annoying bug in the game for me so far.

Flag Post

This is still in the Overlord’s Ledger, though? Looks like when someone buys from you, on the Regional Market?

Yes, correct. Reproduced each time when Regional Trade is the most recent activity.

Also 2 more bugs noticed yesterday:
1) When Creature transfer is complemted, popup notification always spelled as: “Creature was succesfully transfered to *OTHER DUNGEON*” – something like that, can make screenshot next time if you need precise spelling.
2) When opened Steel Mystery Box, I have got “+168days Goblin Carry Capacity Boost” and it was displayed so in the Shop and that boost was disabled to buy any more… After reload it came back to a correct value of 7 days and shop option to buy more became available again. 168/24=7, so I believe there is a bug spelling hours as days
3) Go to Dungeon, sell several(one-to-many) room tiles from any room to free space for any trap(s) (trap(s) is(are) in Storage already). Click on new hallway tiles (left after tiles were sold) and select “Place traps” – you see NO traps in inventory AND Room icon on the left is an icon of room tile sold earlier. If you go to Storage and select “Place trap” from there – you well see all traps and be able to put them on cleared hallway tiles and icon will be Hallway icon. Bug is the althrough room tiles were sold, remaining hallways are still counted as room tiles when you go to traps placement from radiant menu. If you go out of dungeon and in again – cleared tiles will be counted as hallway tiles correctly as they sould be.