[The Grinns Tale] Suggestion

25 posts

Flag Post

Add a CANCEL craft button, i accidentaly crafted 3 wrong thinks now im 6 hours behind :) Thanks!

Flag Post

I’ll second this, especially after I accidentally clicked the wrong icon and wasted a lot of resources.

Flag Post

cleric next healing is able to cure effects by 30%

Flag Post

How about add the “standard” options to make graphic quality to Low and Medium. Sometimes for my not-so-graphically-strong laptop the game slowed down and perhaps changing the graphic quality will helps.

Flag Post

Yeah. The game runs like lightning on my good desktop but runs at about 10% speed on my 7 year old laptop.

Flag Post

Indeed. This game sorely lacks a quality option.

Flag Post

The screenie says it all: I got in an infinite fight. I don’t have any revives to revive the more damaging party members, all of my remaining members deal 1 damage and are starving, I can’t do anything to his defenses short of a softie potion(though the wizard has a fire attack), the healer only heals. I did manage to overpower the rest of the group though. As you can see, I’m in infinidungeon level 16.

I know I’m irresponsible for not bringing revives/other items to help me, but could this kind of battles end in some way? I dunno, an option to run? A field-wide damage increase effect as fights last longer? Instakilling one of the parties? In any case, my opinion is battles should be endable without the player’s interference(refresh).

Flag Post

you know, part of the point of the infinite dungeon, is that you can’t just always win.

regarding your opinion – the battle can be ended – YOU LOSE. its just that this option is so unthinkable to you that you ignore it.

granted i do think the variation in mob difficulty in ID is a little… big.

Flag Post

1) they already said the rules of infinite dungeon
2) once bitten twice shy, after you lose at certain point , you yourself know where to stop.
3) foolish people complains , when you already know that your food or reached that certain point , stop it and get the rewards.
NOT COMPLAIN TO THIS FORUM ABOUT IT! ALSO IT IS YOUR FAULT OF HOW NOT TO PLAN WISELY. (REMEMBER THIS IS A RPG GAME).
4) grander boss should be alone as it is too hard to take on …

Flag Post

I don’t think 39kk9t was complaining about the battle being unwinnable, but rather unable to be won or lost. I haven’t fought a Scarecog myself yet, but from what I read in another post, it sounds like they do little-to-no damage, but rather just keep healing themselves.

If so, then 39kk9t’s problem is that he can’t kill it and it can’t kill him, which (combined with the “no escape” rule in ID) leaves no option but refresh. It sounds like he’s asking for a “forfeit” button in ID, which would take you back to the town, but treat it as a loss, rather than a retreat (i.e. lose all treasure).

Flag Post

well i would suggest the same because i also had the same problem with a scarecog but i was at level 21 not 16! and i managed to kill it somehow but it drained 4 of my shock potions!!! and since i hadnt got any good items on the particular run,i would prefer to have a forfeit button. since i didnt want to be punished or even banned from the game for running from an active fight with refreshing,i didnt use the refresh option!!!

Flag Post

@Nemesis: Thanks for the further clarification. The current combat system in ID, combined with the rules, creates possibility of abruptly interrupting gameplay through stalemates, where neither party can kill one another, forcing to refresh. Imagine playing your favourite game when SUDDENLY you are forced to quit because you can’t beat an enemy and it can’t beat you either(or in other circumstances you can’t win or lose). Not a pleasant experience, is it?

What I’d like to suggest is a mechanic(probably exclusive to ID, but it’s not my place to decide) for the combat system to break such stalemates without refreshing. The forfeit option sounds good, but it’s not quite compliant with the rules(despite the same outcome as losing). Something that kicks in after a certain time spent in battle, however, is, and it would be quite interesting IMO.

Originally posted by killingspree93:

1) they already said the rules of infinite dungeon

I’m aware of those. I already did the dungeon and this is the first time happening to me.

2) once bitten twice shy, after you lose at certain point , you yourself know where to stop.

I’ve met stoneskins at what, level 11? I didn’t know they even existed, and this time they didn’t even show up!

3) foolish people complains , when you already know that your food or reached that certain point , stop it and get the rewards.
NOT COMPLAIN TO THIS FORUM ABOUT IT! ALSO IT IS YOUR FAULT OF HOW NOT TO PLAN WISELY. (REMEMBER THIS IS A RPG GAME).

It’d be great if you could show a “How to plan for unforeseen consequences” guide and explain the ID’s difficulty curve, then I can plan. Besides, the developers need player input to improve their game. If I was a game developer, I wouldn’t throw money around to fix what isn’t broken in both the player’s and my own eyes(nothing personal here), not to mention the lack of criticism would just cause me to stop the game’s development. Come on, no one’s criticizing, my game is perfect, so why bother fix what isn’t broken?

4) grander boss should be alone as it is too hard to take on …

It’s not a boss, it’s a healing mob with 0 damage/round for the party and a load of defense.

@kaboomba: You miss the point. The point is not “I can’t win”, but “I can’t win, but can’t lose either”. Of course I can refresh, but why do I need to do so? I can’t kill the enemy, but it can’t kill me either, so why the heck doesn’t the enemy quit and let me win if I can do the same? Opting out of a stalemate isn’t a solution, but merely a workaround, and there’s a possibility this’ll break something down the line(if the combat is adjusted to save between refreshes, for example. Not quite likely, but possible).

On a side note, I’ve seen this exact problem in Heavens(a multiplayer game), but with the parties(or characters, in that case) player-controlled. Battles would go on for hours should one of those infinite fights happen, and neither side wants to lose their win streak/give the win to the other. You could opt out by not making turns, but why submit when one can make the enemy do the same?

Flag Post

alright fair enough.

the reason why there isn’t such a button, is probably to prevent people from forfeiting all their loot in ID accidentally for no reason, but that can be fixed by adding a confirmation screen to the quit button.

Flag Post

ok o well a draw match
… but really they have to fix the grander boss … .too much dmg for me (max cap lv 24) to handle …. if 1 grander boss alone ok it is a challenge but in a party with others is too much ……
the difficulty base on my level is ….
room 1 – 9 super easy use 1 tanker to kill
room 10 -14 easy take 3 heros to kill
room 14 – 19/20 normal take 3-6 heros to kill
after room 20 insane ……. need potions etc etc….

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheMageGuy:

Indeed. This game sorely lacks a quality option.

Actually, there is.
During the white loading screen => right click => low quality.

Fights are much faster on my laptop now, and so should they be on yours too ;)

Flag Post

I easily killed Scarecog/Stoneskins in ID at around level 18 wearing t2 equips…. just use Berserker and someone with Thermal attacks. Not hard

Flag Post

scarecog ang stoneskins is nothing compared to gearhead with mother poison spider spawning poison spider.. worse is they occupy the 6 slots and those mothers spawn at their side their babies w/c makes them 12 monsters……….

Flag Post

in the battle-setup or in the Heores-tab in main menu, could we have the place for 6 heroes? I know it sounds dumb but I hate to have to scroll the tab all the time, just because one of my heroes is on the other side… thank you :)

Flag Post

On an unrelated note, I have an idea for getting pramins. Have a building that costs 10k each of wood and metal to build where you can trade loot like brooms or claws and items like armor or weapons for points. Each item is worth the number of pramins you can buy it for and points, and you can trade 1000 points for one pramin.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yoshimo_Hanada:

Add a CANCEL craft button, i accidentaly crafted 3 wrong thinks now im 6 hours behind :) Thanks!

BUMP. Happened to me too.

Flag Post

I didn’t want to start a new thread, even though this suggestion is not related to any prior posts:

Could you please make the game remember your settings? It is annoying having to mute every single time I load the game. Yes, it is a mild hassle, but it is one that comes up a couple of times a day, so the annoyance slowly grows.

Flag Post

Cancel craft, saving sound settings and a quality option accessible through the normal options are all great suggestions. I would suggest being able to trade in crafting materials for resources, I think I have around 3,000 rusty screws, being able to turn them into something useful would be nice.

Flag Post

I would like to be able to put buildings (that aren’t being upgraded or crafting something) in the inventory to avoid having so much space being taken up when rearranging stuff. After I got to a certain level, I realized that it’s better to have my houses closer to whatever building I’m using because that allows the Rally option to be used more often.

Also, I would like to be able to move paths. I don’t like wasting resources on them then having to buy them again and use up more action points getting my Happiness back to where it was. I know that they don’t cost that much but it does add up and the Happiness thing is annoying since it wastes action points that I could be using to finish something else.

Flag Post

a few suggestions

make items sellable for at least a little bit of wood/iron
if im crafting im crafting for refined stuff, all the non refined keeps clogging up my inv, dont need that, i regard those crafts as a fail so lemme get rid of them

when rallying let ALL my grins go to the rallied building not only 10 of them, dont wanna have to do the same stuff 5or6 times in a row. just activate those hiding in houses for that period, they can go back after they are finished to not overpopulate my mini city

give happiness a lil bit more meaning
possible sollutions would be
(if rallying increases the refined chances) happier ppl craft more refined stuff
happy people get action points faster
happy people decrease more time when rallying

graphic settings for faster performance

Flag Post

The cancel crafting button is a great idea! I, too, have accidentally crafted the wrong thing and wasted time and resources :(

One component that I think would be better is the librarium- I really expected it to have more information about the different villians than it has. I was pretty disappointed when I got it, considering how hard I worked for it.