[Galaxy Life] Base Creation Help

35 posts

Flag Post

Base Creation Help

• Need some help on a good-looking and a reliable base?
  • Are you in dire need of a yard copy so you will stop getting farmed to death?
  • Just want a different yard cause you are bored with the 1 you have?
  • For any of the above reasons you want to post a yard, feel free!

Rules

Pretty much don’t spam useless junk or troll. That’s all.

Directions

1. Print screen (There should be a button on your laptop/desktop comp)
  2. Paste onto Paint and save as a picture
  3. Upload onto Igmur
  4. Copy the DIRECT LINK and paste on the forum.

Here is an example of what it should look like:

Flag Post

also you could use the imgur extension for crome to easily take a area shot

Flag Post

box base.

Originally posted by lht10:

image snip/>
also you could use the imgur extension for crome to easily take a area shot

Flag Post

Idk if mine is a box base exactly ;P

Flag Post

well….if you had more blocks

Originally posted by demdisco:

Flag Post

I know I have not gone that much through in the game, but any recommendations for starting off?
http://i45.tinypic.com/10yhrhe.png

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thepenguinking2:

I know I have not gone that much through in the game, but any recommendations for starting off?

Well, for starters, you should protect your resources first and then warp gates/factories.
Also, no matter how tempting, never cut short the colony shield. It’s a waste of the most important resource (Time) and allows you to be attacked before you can defend yourself.
One last thing. Don’t leave any spaces larger than 2×2 (Like you did by your star base) in the middle of your base because units can be flung in there, bypassing a whole lot of defenses.

Flag Post

Why are there no blocks? I have found out that some units apparently shoot “over” the walls. So spreading out your defenses to block all your buildings is a better idea then bunching them all up.

Flag Post

I’m surrounding my star base with blocks. it’s still upgrading, so I can’t add that many for a while…

Flag Post

You want to protect the star gates at all costs if you are in analliance. If not, resources > star gates.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wave_Rida:

You want to protect the star gates at all costs if you are in an alliance. If not, resources > star gates.

I understand that warp gates are the equivalent of housings, and that their destruction means lost resources, but why protect at all costs?

Flag Post
Originally posted by woohoo92:

You want to protect the star gates at all costs if you are in an alliance. If not, resources > star gates.

I understand that warp gates are the equivalent of housings, and that their destruction means lost resources, but why protect at all costs?

Otherwise you cannot fight back +-. In an alliance means you get more or less constantly attacked. You will see most of the higher leveld players all have their stargates in the right middle of their yard/base.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HorneyClaws:

well….if you had more blocks

Originally posted by demdisco:

This is NOT back yard monsters.Box bases are easy to kill no matter what.Having a box base is nothing bad!

Flag Post

marines arent pokeys but ill use them like there pokeys and so will everybody else.

Flag Post

For the record, I still have no idea what I’m doing.
http://i.imgur.com/LDsq6q4.jpg

*Proven today to be unable to withstand a smasher squad. Thanks, razzor1403.

If pathing really has gone the way of the dinosaur, I’d like you to tell me how to effectively use the blocks.

Flag Post

You might want to spread out your defenses more as Boulders & Missiles are very destructive on weak weapons. I can’t believe that I forgot to get the blueprint for the freeze turret.

For the record, I still have no idea what I’m doing.
http://i.imgur.com/LDsq6q4.jpg

*Proven today to be unable to withstand a smasher squad. Thanks, razzor1403.

If pathing really has gone the way of the dinosaur, I’d like you to tell me how to effectively use the blocks.

Flag Post

I want moar tactics! :P

Flag Post

I want moar tactics! :P

Well, I’ve got one.

Foils ranged units, if pathing still applies here.

Flag Post

New base:

I had to defend with resource producers since I ran out of blocks.

Flag Post

New base:

I had to defend with resource producers since I ran out of blocks.

Easily destroyed.
Put towers more close, dont let the gates undefended.Bunkers should be covered, everything is scattered.
P.S Why cover your chips, coins, minerals, tower level and stuff?

Flag Post

NECorg’s work here penguin, they are essential. They have enough HP to stall attackers, while taking dmg from the turrets.

I am guessing he wanted to prevent getting looted for his resources, and therefore blurred out certain details. Some were not neccesary though.

Flag Post

See, the only thing you need to block out are your coordinates.
http://i.imgur.com/K5R5ZEt.jpg
Not only judge it based on defend-ability, but also how it looks. If 50% of potential attackers are scared off or otherwise intimidated, then defense is obviously less of an issue.

P.S. It was a cannon tower that got blocked out by the popup.

By the way, penguinking, that’s a level 1 cannon tower you blocked out. Nice try :P

Flag Post

Are those all the blocks you can use? All those towers in front of your Star Base can be destroyed by a boulder or missiles. Where is your 2nd bunker?

See, the only thing you need to block out are your coordinates.
http://i.imgur.com/K5R5ZEt.jpg
Not only judge it based on defend-ability, but also how it looks. If 50% of potential attackers are scared off or otherwise intimidated, then defense is obviously less of an issue.

P.S. It was a cannon tower that got blocked out by the popup.

By the way, penguinking, that’s a level 1 cannon tower you blocked out. Nice try :P

Flag Post

Yes. They only appear to be less numerous because in this game, the blocks are relatively smaller than in BYM.
Then where do you recommend putting them?
Building right now. Each bunker will go directly to the left/right of the star base, where the corresponding silos (Between star base and warp gates) are.

Flag Post

You can move your warp gates and decorations out of the way, move the bunkers farther downward, then move your turrets where your bunker were previously placed.

Yes. They only appear to be less numerous because in this game, the blocks are relatively smaller than in BYM.
Then where do you recommend putting them?
Building right now. Each bunker will go directly to the left/right of the star base, where the corresponding silos (Between star base and warp gates) are.