[Vorp!] That Ship is OP

38 posts

Flag Post

Well, I’ve noticed that we’ve been having a lot of discussions about “such and such ship is OP” in chat. So I was thinking, why not have a formalized thread about such!

So… what ships do you think are OP? And why do you think so? What do you think could be done to fix that?

I’ll look forward to your posts!
=D

Flag Post

The Origami Ship is way too OP, seriously atleast nerf it’s main gun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lobstershow:

The Origami Ship is way too OP, seriously atleast nerf it’s main gun.

=0… It’s so OP that it doesn’t even appear in the selection menu! Amazing =D.

Flag Post

Ikr, and look at the maingun, Paper, it instantly kills Rock, and theres no Scrissors in the game at all to resist this OP ship…

Flag Post

Ikr, and look at the maingun, Paper, it instantly kills Rock, and theres no Scrissors in the game at all to resist this OP ship…

You mean… it makes you invincible! Man, I’m going to try and buy that ship! How much does it cost?

Flag Post

It’s on free rotation, can’t you see the invisible icon?

Flag Post

Jabberwocky and Hirudo, all know that.
Waiting the nerf on them….

Flag Post
Originally posted by SkyDark:

squid!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Formula1Driver:

squid!!!!

yeah the xxxkdidfasghilehgiashku’thulu ship is INSANELY op. and the one with seeking missles. at least give Mk 1 seekers too…

Flag Post

yeah Jabber is such an OP

Flag Post

Only ship i’ve gotten overhelmed super badly is hirudo, along with the Origami Ship ofc. Jabber ain’t that OP, it’s just the pro pilots making them appear OP.

Flag Post

Only ship i’ve gotten overhelmed super badly is hirudo, along with the Origami Ship ofc. Jabber ain’t that OP, it’s just the pro pilots making them appear OP.

I think winner was actually one of the victims to my strategy, if you fall for it and you’re own, it does seem pretty OP, but I can never kill 2 people teaming at me with the jabber, I usually just run if I’m being teamed on, sometimes go for 1 but then run straight away. My point is that jabberwocky isn’t the best ship when it comes to being teamed up on, so that’s one of it’s weaknesses people can exploit on jabberwocky pilots.

Originally posted by M_Sixteen:
Originally posted by Formula1Driver:

squid!!!!

yeah the xxxkdidfasghilehgiashku’thulu ship is INSANELY op. and the one with seeking missles. at least give Mk 1 seekers too…

Iron wolf and Thulhu are so not OP, I can take out both of those ships very easily, I think you’re just a bad pilot. No offense.

Flag Post

LOL dont be noob, the Squid its not really OP, maybe its a bit OP but like the Undulorean only in the right hands.
But on the other hand, Hirudo and Jabber are really OP with anyone rider, i see noobs die few in the Hirudo and Jabber, and die 20 times in the Ant or anyelse ship.

Flag Post

LOL dont be noob, the Squid its not really OP, maybe its a bit OP but like the Undulorean only in the right hands.
But on the other hand, Hirudo and Jabber are really OP with anyone rider, i see noobs die few in the Hirudo and Jabber, and die 20 times in the Ant or anyelse ship.

Jabberwocky is very noob-unfriendly ship, I really highly doubt that any noob can hop in it and just murder anyone…

Flag Post

i have no idea what you guys keep talking about. i don’t play often, but i’ve not once seen a Hirudo do exceptionally well, which i have seen with basically every other class. and Thulhu eats Hiru like burning napalm eats flesh.

Flag Post

Jabber, Thulu, Circe, Ant, Hirudo, Shinobi, Iron Wolf, SS Venture, Undo, and Angel Fire are all way OP. Nerf Please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by habeebe:

Jabber, Thulu, Circe, Ant, Hirudo, Shinobi, Iron Wolf, SS Venture, Undo, and Angel Fire are all way OP. Nerf Please.

If all those ships are OP then they cancel eachother out.

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

That is basically his point. I’ve seen every ship get at least 20 kills in one game except for circe and ss venture since they got nerfed but they are still good at support and tower busting. Especially from the flow of new players that are basically fodder and ship feed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

That is basically his point. I’ve seen every ship get at least 20 kills in one game except for circe and ss venture since they got nerfed but they are still good at support and tower busting. Especially from the flow of new players that are basically fodder and ship feed.

So close on Circe =(…. 19/0.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TAO_Arecibo:

Were you fighting against newbies again? I find it amusing how you can empty all your attacks and a stray Bindu Bolt gets the final kill.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darth_Sirov:
Originally posted by TAO_Arecibo:

Were you fighting against newbies again?

Yes. If I was fighting against better people, the score is way more even.

I find it amusing how you can empty all your attacks and a stray Bindu Bolt gets the final kill.

Oh, it goes both ways. Actually, usually it’s the case that other ships kill-steal a Circe’s kill more often than Circe kill-steal’s the other ship’s kills. It’s annoying sometimes because you empty your loadout to bring that Hirudo down to manageable levels, and then a Jabber/Hirudo comes around and finishes them off XD.

Alas, that’s life. And your job as Circe is to lower people down, not to burst kill them =p.

Flag Post

Happened quite a lot of times, still makes me lol for Circes to KS me. Reminds me of a scenario during the DotA days (all guys in a team used stunners, except for 1 who went Keeper of the Light – Pusher type, and they camped near the middle lane and ganked the only enemy there, but the KotL was the one who got the final shot)

Flag Post

I;ve seen every ship get at least 20 kills in one game except for circe

I’ve seen Circe 24/2

Ant isnt bad at all, neither the squid, as other people already said,
they can be pritty op in the right hands

Flag Post

right now, no ship is OP. all the ships only ever get nerfed, and almost never buffed. give it a few more weeks, and the Bogey will be OP.

i’d say all ships need a Buff. i just tried to take down a Tower with Angel Fire, the way it used to be able to do that. nothing. i damaged myself with my own weapon, but the tower just stood there, shrugging it off.

all ships suck. unless you want this to be a survival type of game where people feel completely helpless and have to survive a hostile environment, something needs to be done to bring some kick back into the game.

i don’t even know what to upgrade anymore. i used to find which upgrade was the most useful for me, now i upgrade whichever upgrade doesn’t seem like it’s probably just detrimental.

i mean seriously, compare the loadouts to the OPs. OPs used to be a bonus, now they’re like the primary ability, with the loadouts being mere props.