What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
Smashmuck is going to thrive on having a large and active community. We support this aspect of the game by providing incentives for players to play the game with a positive, friendly attitude and good sportsmanship.
Each player has an Honor Rating. This rating is determined by how well received the player is in the game community. Each player begins with an Honor Rating of 1000. The Honor Rating can go as high as 2000+ and as low as 0.
How to gain Honor Rating:
- Lots of Friends! – Each time another player adds you to THEIR Friend’s List, your Honor rating will increase. For each player with you on their Friend’s List, your Honor increases by 10. A maximum of 40 other players can add you to their list netting you 400 Bonus Honor. Note: Only active accounts will contribute to this number! Any account that has not logged into the game within the past 30 days will not contribute to your Honor Rating (if they log in later, they will contribute again). So keep making new friends!
- Game Participation – Each time a player finishes a game to completion (win or loss), they will gain 4 Honor. This bonus to Honor is capped at 400 Bonus Honor after 125 games.
- Joining an Alliance – A player may get a boost to their Honor by being part of an Alliance. Alliances can contribute a maximum of 200 Bonus Honor. Alliances have this Honor bonus calculated based on the number of players in the Alliance and the activity of the players in the Alliance. For each player in the Alliance that has been active in the past 30 days will grant everyone in the Alliance 5 Bonus Honor. This Bonus Honor caps at 100 or 20 active members.
- Exceptional Behavior – We grant players a maximum of 200 Bonus Honor for exceptional behavior or sportsmanship. We track this through several different metrics and log tracking and reporting. Bonus Honor granted in this way will remain on the account for a period of time before fading away.
How to lose Honor Rating:
- Number of players Ignoring You – Players have an ignored limit of 3 before they begin to be penalized for being a bother to other players. Each player after the first 5 will cause you to lose 15 Honor for each player with you on their Ignore List. A maximum of 40 other players can add you to their Ignore List causing you to lose 600 Bonus Honor. Note: Only active accounts will contribute to your Honor Penalty. Any account that has not logged into the game within the past 30 days will not contribute to your Honor Penalty (if they log in later, they will contribute again).
Leaving Games Early – Players leaving games early will lose Honor. The first 3 games you leave early are not counted against you. After that, you will lose 20 Honor for leaving a game before its completion. A maximum of 20 games left early can contribute to your Honor Rating is this way (-400 Honor Loss). This is tied to the same pool as the game participation, so lost honor can be recovered.
- Reported/ TOS Violation – If players report you for violating our TOS and we confirm these reports then you may be penalized up to a maximum of 200 Honor Loss. This Honor Penalty will be removed over a period of time based on the severity of the violation. Note: Fraudulent reports are a violation of the TOS and will be subject to this same penalty! Attempting to game the Honor System is also against the TOS (and really easy for us to see).
Summary of Bonuses and Penalties:
- Friends/Ignores: + 400 /- 600 (are you fun to play with?)
- Game Participation/Leaving: +500 /- 400 (do you stick around for the entire game?)
- Alliance: +100 (do you participate in a community?)
Store Discounts and Forgiveness:
We want to reward players for being good members of the community! Players with an Honor Rating of 1000 or higher will receive a discount in the game store. This discount on items lasts until their Honor Rating drops below a discount threshold.
Each Honor level is represented by an Honor Title. This title is a general description of the player’s current Honor and reliability while playing the game. Players can only see another player’s Honor Title and not their current Honor Rating