[The Grinns Tale] Need tactical help (SPOILERS)

11 posts

Flag Post

So, I see Fire Spiders.
Not one, not two, not three, but six of them, all pretty much attacking simultaneously.

I’m wondering if a Savant can get lucky with a stun-lock going on, but otherwise, does anyone have any suggestions?
Current team (locked at level 24) is Prospector x1, Constable x1, Thermobolt Soldier x1, Electrobolt Soldier x1, and Heal Shamans x2 which has worked so far (with QUITE some degree of pain) in killing the Grand Clank. (Have never bothered using Berserker or Wizard before)
But apparently the level 23 Ironbound ruins is a flight of steps above that.

Any help would be welcome.

Flag Post

What about two electro-soldiers, targetting the same spider one at a time. Just throw corpses in front of them to tank, and when your 4 guys are down and there are still spiders, use a ressurection potion or two?

IB2 is a really hard level.

Flag Post

It’s IB 3, actually. I SOMEHOW survived IB 2 by the skin of my teeth, with one soldier left hiding behind two healy buddy meatshields.

And I don’t think it would work, because the spiders do ‘Hit Through’ after the tank drops, but it’s certainly a morbid strategy worth trying. Do you know if Berserkers/Brawlers/whatever have 200 HP or so by that point?

(I think I might just scream if it goes ‘wave 2’ after that)

Flag Post
Originally posted by mt1608:

It’s IB 3, actually. I SOMEHOW survived IB 2 by the skin of my teeth, with one soldier left hiding behind two healy buddy meatshields.

And I don’t think it would work, because the spiders do ‘Hit Through’ after the tank drops, but it’s certainly a morbid strategy worth trying. Do you know if Berserkers/Brawlers/whatever have 200 HP or so by that point?

(I think I might just scream if it goes ‘wave 2’ after that)

When I use this tactic, I have the hero in 1st row on my mouse, dragged and hovering over his replacement. Not sure if it would work if they all 6 attack exactly at once, I can’t remember what tactic I used.

You could use stun potions to break up the attacks so they don’t all go at once.

Berserkers with Brawler set + Bear scarf gets 180+ hp around your level I believe.

Flag Post

Ah, that settles it then. One Brawler should nicely take all 6 hits before splatting (being a little optimistic there, not factoring in scalding tho), so 2 or 3 of them should buy enough time for archers.
I’m saving stun potions for those horrible Spider Mothers. ^^;

Thanks for the help.

Flag Post

fire monsters are vulnerable to poison atacks ,mage with poison can kill them fast(doing x2 damage + poison)

Flag Post

i used 4 meat shields and a mage
odds are the mage will kill em all by the time the meat shields go down and if you need to keep your finger on the harden potion to buy you some more time

Flag Post

I just beat this level yesterday with a lvl 24 party. I used one bio soldier with full refined gear + one bio savant wizard + 2 constables as meat shields + 1 shaman. The wizard is really a must because of the 6 enemies AND the poison : it’s great to poison them all at a time.
Since your team has two heal clerics which is rather useless, and has too few meat shields, if I were you I would turn one of my shamans into a constable.
I think that no matter how tough your front character is you can’t block the attacks because 6 spider attacks at the same time kill any character, and besides there is scalding. The point of this battle is to delay the attacks long enough so your archer and your savant can get kills.
Don’t forget that there is a wave 3 after this one…a very easy one (2 zingers if I remember), but you still won’t be able to beat them with a half-dead bio wizard since he lacks defense and it’s the wrong element ;)

Flag Post

Use thermo on them. Scald them and they go down in seconds. I have a knight up front to absorb the blows, with a mage and archer equipped with thermo. When they are scalded you can switch to a more damaging lineup and the spiders go down in like 2 hits. Their defense is too high to do anything other than scalding.

Flag Post

Use a Wizard in the back row with Bio Blast, the Magic Up ability, and you can go for either Life Steal or Hunger Strike.

A Cleric in the middle with Haste, use the Cleric to increase the speed of the Wizard.

Lastly use anything with High Defense in the front row enemies will only be able to attack you about 2 times.

Flag Post

Thanks very much for the help, everyone.

Looks like I will need a wizard after all… Hope I can get the gatekeeper to barf up rubies.