[The Grinns Tale] Tips

7 posts

Flag Post

I will be dropping this game since it’s too time consuming for me, but I will leave you all with what I learned about it

Resource Gathering
I played all the way until floor 25, all of Highland Falls, and part of Ironbound.
Best place to gather Wood and Metal was Highland Falls 3 & 4
Highland Falls 3 gives about 1293 Wood and 264 Metal if using and Adventurer with Scavenge II
Highland Falls 4 gives about 1797 Wood and 369 Metal if using and Adventurer with Scavenge II. Highland Falls 4 is more time consuming which creates a bigger need of food, which I don’t really recommend.

Hameil’s Item Shop
First thing to do is use your Pramin once you have enough to buy Wild Waves it’s the most versatile one and works great with Wizards and Archers especially if they do a critical.

Cleric’s Haste
Clerics have the ability to make another class double or even triple it’s attack damage. If you used Haste during the early stages of the game the ability sucked, once you have a leveled up healer with decent equipment you will be able to accomplish this feat. Just swap out the Cleric with someone else once you increased your party speed at least twice.
You can make your Knight almost invincible with haste, just equip the Knight with Lifesteal + Ricochet and you are good to go, or you can make a killing machine with other class.
I’m pretty sure there is a cap on speed I need confirmation on this tough.

Equipment Sets
You may be wondering why they unlock 2 equipment sets once you upgrade any class building 2 times, one usually tends to lean towards speed, and the other towards attack. For the most part the one with speed tends to be better choice, but this is where you are wrong it all depends on play style and ties in back to Cleric’s Haste.
Let’s take the Marksman and Soldier set for the Archer
Marksman gives you 73 attack, 33 defense, 52 Health, and gives you First Attack for damage
Soldier gives you 43 attack, 60 defense, 9 speed, and chance up for status effects
Now normally you would say that Soldier Set is better since it doubles the Archer’s speed therefore doubling his attack power, as that is the case, but that is if you don’t use a Cleric. I have a level 18 Cleric with Tuck Set 1st haste is 6, 2nd haste is 3, that’s already 9. This means that Marksman with Cleric will have double it’s speed thereby doubling his attack power, while Soldier will only be increasing it’s speed by half.
Marksman’s normal speed is 9 + 9 = 18, speed doubled x2
Soldier’s normal speed is 18 + 9 = 27, speed increased by half 1.5x
This is with a Cleric who’s only level 18 with the 2nd equipment set.

Once again this depends on play style, since this is a bit of a hassle.

Subjob Abilities
For me the only usefull Subjob abilites for each class are the following
Adventurer – Lifesteal, Ricochet
Knight – Ricochet, Rage
Archer – Lifesteal, First Attack
Berserker – Lifesteal, Ricochet
Wizard – Lifesteal, First Attack
Cleric – Magic Up, Spike Armor

CLASS INFO
Attack Power from strongest to weakest
Berserker>Knight>Adventurer>Archer>Wizard>Cleric
Defense Power from strongest to weakest
Knight>Adventurer>Berserker>Archer>Wizard>Cleric
Speed from best to worst
Adventurer>Berserker>Archer>Knight>Wizard>Cleric

Adventurers – They are mainly used for gathering materials, but make decent fighters due to high speed and average attack and above average defense. His First Attack ability is pretty useful for other classes. Can be pretty decent when put in the front lines.

Archer – If any enemy has an element this is the assassin for the job, if not then it has pretty decent damage, his attacks are also ranged meaning even if the enemy is on the back lines he will reach it, and lastly it’s Ricochet ability is one of the best. Never put an archer in the front lines.

Wizard – Attacks all enemies on screen with elemental damage, very useful especially if combined with a cleric with haste. Extremely useful when you have 3+ enemies on screen. Never put in front lines

Cleric – The only support class in the game, can heal or increase the speed of other characters. Can easily make a character double or even triple his damage output as well as making them near invincible. Never ever put in the front lines.

Knight – Your tank, his main purpose is to stay alive to protect the rest of your party. Has pretty decent damage, but other classes out damage him due to his low speed. With Cleric’s haste can me made near invincible while dishing out good damage.

Flag Post

Aww, don’t go! Just keep the game on backburner collecting metal and wood and upgrading mines and storages :)

Flag Post

resource gathering

wood is relatively easy to farm ,metal isnt , build level 6 mines asap.

When it comes to wood farming you can do it easily even with low level heroes, just keep farming floor 7 with 1 adventurer set to scavenge. if he cant manage monsters being too weak place knight before him that just stand there and do nothing. you can farm there tens of thousands of wood in quite a short time and its IMHO much better than higland falls and other places many ppl recomend, simply because you can kill monsters there very fast ,they cant do u any harm and only problem is to switch to level 1 and eat low level food evry few runs.

Currently best place to farm wood is floor 13 first room with high level adventurers.

Flag Post

@*Misterlol*
I’ll keep doing that since I like the game, and once I can actually spend some actual time on it I’ll continue playing.

Flag Post

My x3 level 24 adventurers with sneak set & refined prospector axes get 5.1k wood & 1.1k metal clearing at Iron Bound 1 x2 times for 40 food each

Flag Post

If you’ve done part of Ironbound, doing IB1 with two or three Scavenge II adventurers is about the best wood farming for your effort. I always come away with somewhere over 2.5k wood.

The best metal farming I’ve found is the very first wave of the first room of IB3. It’s four Faults. Faults drop 5 metal on death. You want a Scavenge II adventurer or two with First Attack and powerful enough to kill a Fault in one hit. If you’re NOT strong enough to kill a Fault in one hit after someone else’s Ricochet has made it invalid for your FA bonus, then don’t use Ricochet, because you want to be in and out of there as fast as reasonably possible.

You want to walk in, kill all four Faults in one hit each, then immediately hit Back to Town once you have their metal. With Scav II, this is 15 metal each for a few seconds’ time. You don’t want Ricochet if Ricochet damage means one of your Adventurers can’t kill one of the Faults in one quick hit… it may sound good, but is actually less efficient food-per-swing ratio, technically.

As I only have one fully-equipped 24 Sneak with Big Rake (my other Sneaks aren’t tough enough yet), I just give him Scav II, First Attack II and Ricochet (because he IS strong enough to kill an injured Fault without his First Attack bonus). He goes in, kills the Faults in one hit each, and runs out with 78 metal.

This doesn’t sound like much, but at four attacks per visit he can go in ten times before he needs to be fed. Of course, when he DOES get hungry, I go through the process of feeding him a Croissant, and then he goes in for another ten trips.

It’s VERY tedious. Lots of clicking. However, at ten trips per croissant, he’s effectively converting 50 wood into 780 metal… a very lucrative profit, if you have the patience.

Flag Post

This is best building town path:

up to level 12 build 6 mines and lumbermills ,upgrade to level 3 ,build t2 gear; spend 4 pramins on 2 zoning permits
up to level 22 upgrade mines and lumbermills to level 5 upgrade heroes to level 3; spend pramins on premium mines
up to level 37 upgrade mines to level 6 build 2 levl 2 and 1 level 3 metal and wood storages
upgrade berserker building to level 5, upgrade archer building to level 4 , wizard and priest can stay on level 3 for a while,
You have now few possible upgrade paths. Knight and adventurer gear can be obtained for free from grinfinite dungeaon.
To farm dungeon you may use either berzerkers with shaman-sultan-zebra haste priest and either t5/t6 archers or t5/t6 mage(probably fastest way to have good farming team)
or go for some other setups like mainly monkeys or t5 refined knight and some clerics to haste and heal him.