[Dungeon Overlord] How to Stay Safe

9 posts

Flag Post

On behalf of the Magnum Suited alliance, I’d like to welcome all new Overlord appearing in the Windward region.

Windward, like many territories, is firmly under =MS= control and as a courtesy to Overlordlings, we have suspended our PvP assaults against younger players. We want to see you grow and prosper and learn to put up a vigorous defense. You can be asssured that =MS= will not trouble your development if you don’t cross us.

With one major exception.

You arrived during the middle phase of our campaign to eliminate the Darker than Black (DtB) alliance. Many of their officers are relying upon a “wallet defense” to prevent us from attacking them, and yet we still took over 500K gold worth of resources and materials from their members in the last 24 hours. They continue to invite new players to join their alliance in the hopes that we’ll attack the new players instead of them.

Before you accept membership in DtB, I encourage you think carefully about whether you ready to endure that kind of punishment.

Warlord Gnostic Foulbreath
Offensive Coordinator
Magnum Suited (=MS=)

Flag Post

What are you talking about? I didn’t understand I can speak English but I didn’t understand your point.

Flag Post

Basically, The Magnum Suited alliance and the Darker than Black alliance are at war.
Darker than Black is recruiting new players in the hope that Magnum Suited will attack those new players; they act as some sort of distraction, in that sense.

This is just a general warning from gmdclark to reconsider joining DtB if you are invited by them, if you do not have proper defenses. You will land in the middle of a warzone.

Flag Post

As further example, this is the email I’m sending to the new players that I’m attacking today — all of which, if they weren’t in Darker than Black, would be immune from attack by our alliance given their youth and relative weakness:

Greetings.

I encourage you to drop the uniform of Darker than Black: you’ve stepped into the middle of an ongoing alliance cleansing operation. DtB, in fact, is using you as a human shield in the hopes that we’ll stop attacking their officers. Please check the Kong forum thread down on this page about the terms of our peace treaty in Windward.

As I write this, six armies from my dungeons are headed towards your dungeons to break your defenses. At that point, the rest of Magnum Suited will be swarming to loot everything you have. This will continue as long as you’re wearing that alliance tag: otherwise, at your strength, you would be one of the players we were protecting rather than attacking.

Darker than Black didn’t tell you about that, did they?

Warlord Gnostic Foulbreath
Offensive Coordinator
Magnum Suited (=MS=)

Flag Post

Hello everyone, I’m Magnitudem, or Mag for short. I’m the leader of =MS=.

Currently, I am the regent of Raven’s Gulch. What does this mean? Quite simply put, I’m working on getting the area to be MS dominated. This means no tolerance for alliances other then MS, unless an alliance is created with our aproval. If an alliance DOES surface without our approval, there will be no peacetalks, but rather a straight out war.

as Raven’s gulch gets up on its feet, people grow stronger. You have the chance to join MS, as long as you meet our requirements. If not, its currently safer to be alone then with others, reason being the MS policy is to not attack solo players, but only those in guilds. This will remain the policy until a region is fully established, meaning not a single dungeon has newbie protection anymore. Once that time is over, anyone is fair game. I suggest that by that time you either have a strong defence, joined us, or find something else that works.

Please note we are not against people being in an alliance, but we DO want to control certain regions. A solution for people not meeting requirements of MS, but wanting an alliance might be coming in the near future.

Flag Post

If I understand you right, you attack only DtB new players… But before I get lost (leave you from my spam) I have some questions
1. Why are attacking DtB?
2. Why you attack the new players and not their officers ? Why they use their new players as shield?
3. Is is possible to join your clan/faction/alliance something from those 3.
4. Okay if I don’t your your clan/faction/alliance and not DtB too and I work alone. Are you going to attack me?
5. Example I make a clan/faction/alliance and I somehow be your ally or something, are you going to attack me?

P.S Sorry that I wasted your 15 seconds from your life :( with my boring stupid questions.

Flag Post

1. During beta, DtB members would attack ours. Every email and attempt to negotiate a truce received no response, so we realized it was a den of snakes that you could never make a truce with it. So it must be destroyed.

2. We’re attacking all DtB members including officers. We can’t attack 2 of the officers, because they pay money everyday to keep us from attacking them. Trust me, if they let it lapse for an hour we’ll steal all of the officer’s stuff again too. I think they think if they grow by adding everyone they’ll “beat us” — instead, they bring in more people that have no code and no treaties.

3. We have certain requirements for membership, no need for people to rush into alliances. We’re preparing an initiative to encourage new alliance creation with a central treaty.

4. In Windward, no. In Raven’s Gulch, yes. As the spawning region of newbies continues to march across the continent, we’ll announce what our policy will be for that region.

5. If you start an alliance, please reach out to us. We’re happy to negotiate peace treaties.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Magnitudem:

Please note we are not against people being in an alliance, but we DO want to control certain regions. A solution for people not meeting requirements of MS, but wanting an alliance might be coming in the near future.

The solution: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/200-dungeon-overlord/topics/302679-magnum-accord-for-new-alliances

Flag Post

Very well put! Precise and to the point!