[Vorp!] Help Us Grow the Vorp Community!

23 posts

Flag Post

Hi Everyone! For those that don’t know me, I’m one of the developers at END Games, working on Vorp. I thought I would make a post to say hi and also ask for your help…

First off, I’d like to give a MASSIVE thanks for all the support you have shown us. From wikis to forum posts, youtube, comments and bug reports – our players clearly have our back.

Vorp is a fun, albeit challenging multiplayer game. The game can be hard to get started in, because there isn’t anything designed in the game to handicap skilled players and there is frankly a lot to learn to become competitive.

We all (I hope) want this game to succeed and see lots of players join up so that queuing times disappear and players see the benefit of a great matchmaking system. We all want to fight players of similar skill – meaning noobs catch a break and the game remains interesting for vets. Teams work awesome when there are enough people that you get matched fairly. Our team feature exposed a hard truth: Without more users, it means that statistically speaking, vets team up against unorganized beginners.

We need to reach a bigger critical mass of players. We are a tiny team and focusing all our efforts on creating a better and better experience for YOU. Unfortunately, there is a massive void of exposure on Vorp so far because as a small indie team, we don’t have a big publisher spending lots of money on marketing and PR. We got on the front page of Kongregate for a period, but we really want to see this game THRIVE. In order to do this we are outright asking you to fill that void.

What do I mean? If you like Vorp, simply talk about it. Show it to your friends. Blog about it. Just making it a part of conversation can go a long way to getting more people to try it out.

Some other ideas that would help:

• Post about it in other forums on Kong and the web
  • Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VorpTheGame
  • Follow us on Twitter @ENDGamesEnt and retweet Vorp news
  • Email your gaming friends the link
  • Make a YouTube video showing your favorite strategies and tactics (don’t forget to link back to the game). We’d love to check these out too, FrozenCereal made a few in the early days of beta that were fun to watch!
  • Contribute to the excellent wiki that basicbasic started at http://spacevorp.wikia.com/wiki/Vorp!_Wiki
  • Write in to gaming websites to cover us (places like Kotaku, PC Gamer, EDGE, or any of your favorite gaming news sites)
  • Come back and play every day (I know that’s the hardest thing to do, right? ;) )

Feel free to use this topic to post links, references, other ideas or things you’ve already done to help. We appreciate any help you can give, and we’ll continue to put our all into Vorp to make it better and better every day in return. Hopefully louder than words, you can measure our love for this game and community by the amount of updates we’ve put out in just over a month on Kongregate (see the News section in game for all the release notes).

Flag Post

Ok EndGameguys, you have my support and help where I can try to give publicity to the game.
But I give you an idea, what if the game did multilanguage to reach more communities?
At the end there are some players from other countries playing the game, could attract more people, if the game will feature languages ​​such, Portuguese, Spanish, French or German. I know its difficult, but it is a good idea to future.

Flag Post

Why not put some ads at other websites…this game has a good potential…

Flag Post

I have a youtube video coming out with me and a friend utilizing the new (soon to be gone) team feature. Check it out hopefully by wednesday on http://www.youtube.com/user/YourEntertainmentHub?feature=mhee
I have some other stuff on there as well but look for vorp soon

Flag Post

You could give people some B! if they use a link to recruit new players. Or, alternatively, if they recruit players and then the player makes it to level 4 or something (to help prevent spam accounts and/or useless players clogging up your databases)

This won’t help get new players, but it might help get more paying players:
Let people try out any ship on the practice mode.
That way you can get them to fall in love with a ship even when it’s not on free rotation.

Flag Post

Well, i hope that people rating this game with 5 stars. And 1 more thing. It will be good if after end of beta you’ll give money back to players. Remember, when Angel Fire was OP and so many ppl bought it. But now it’s kinda feeder ship. And many changes at stats…

Flag Post

Hey I made a reddit page about this
http://www.reddit.com/r/Vorp/
If you Devs could post something on it I might be able to get some more hits!

Flag Post

Awesome, thanks Bash!

Flag Post

A great fail. You can’t see your opponents before the match. It’s completely awful. Make it the way it was before please.

Flag Post

I agree that ALL ships should be available in free play.
because then you could make smarter choices on what to buy

Flag Post

I think its good that you can’t see your enemies. makes it more interesting that way.

Flag Post

I’m working on some Vorp Youtube Videos with commentary. The ones I have done so far haven’t turned out adequate, but I should come up with a good one soon.

Flag Post

Have you tried advertising on any of the StarControl sites?? Both games are very similar, and the players have been begging for something new for a long time. (I know I have!)

Flag Post

Just add badges! Some Kong players even don’t know about this game)
For example:
Easy badge – for 4th Commander rank.
Medium badge – for 15th Commander rank.
Hard badge – for 30th Commander rank.

Flag Post
Originally posted by smaxx:

Just add badges! Some Kong players even don’t know about this game)
For example:
Easy badge – for 4th Commander rank.
Medium badge – for 15th Commander rank.
Hard badge – for 30th Commander rank.

30 might be a wee bit too much of a grind for most people. Even up to 10 might be enough for most.

Scratch that… win gold in 1 game should be a medium (easy in some cases, but we’re talking about the majority of people), Big deal could be a hard.

Flag Post

Easy Badge – Get a first win in a PvP match.
Medium Badge – Gain 150 kills.
Hard Badge – Reach Rank 13.

Big Deal is too difficult for some ships to get to be a Hard Badge, I must say.

Flag Post

it was only “for example” … glad that you participate in the discussion)

Flag Post

Badges are a great way to draw some attention on Kong, especially if you become the “badge of the day”. You can make the harder badges whatever you like for those of us who stick around, but having a number of low-hanging-fruit badges to get people hooked works best.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kiech:

Badges are a great way to draw some attention on Kong, especially if you become the “badge of the day”. You can make the harder badges whatever you like for those of us who stick around, but having a number of low-hanging-fruit badges to get people hooked works best.

Yeah, it’s finding the sweet spot for most people. The badges are supposed to be designed to entire non-fans to become fans. It’s why “Completion-type” badges are so rare these days when it comes to hard badges.

Flag Post

Impossible badge – kick Sky from eternal number 2.

Flag Post

Please fix the matchmaking plz because my rating has dropped 50 points simply because I am matched up against 1300’s with a bunch of 1200’s and people without ops. This is hard for me because then I have to do everything.

Flag Post

What do you think about GREAT Masakarii after that?

Flag Post

BUMP